Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Registrations

All new user registrations require email verification. Please make sure that micechat.com is not blocked. Approvals are done at least once per day, but they can't be done for accounts that have not verified their email address.
2 of 2 < >

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Restaurant suggestion?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restaurant suggestion?

My family is going to WDW in August which is over my 30th b-day and my husband and my anniversary. We are looking for a restaurant that would be fun to go to with our two little ones (1 and 6). Any suggestions? What about Ohana?

Re: Restaurant suggestion?

Ohana's has already been discussed in another thread, and as you can see from that, it draws rave reviews! It will be fun for the little ones, and the food is great for adults.

If not your cup of tea, you can always try a character meal, or the Whispering Canyon Cafe in the Wilderness Lodge is another great restaurant for the kids, but a lot more hectic than Ohana's.

Here's the link
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

'ohana and the Whispering Canyon Cafe are both pretty good choices. They are family-style so the food comes quickly and both have entertainment geared towards kids. I've linked my reviews here:

http://www.mouseextra.com/category/d...resort-dining/

I would say I prefer the food at 'ohana. Another good choice maybe Boma which is African but very very good, its buffet, and you can check out the savannah before and after you're meal. I would recommend the San Angel Inn at Epcot. After you order an adult may be able to jump on the nearby boat ride before the food comes. At MGM, there is the Sci-Fi which has average food but is fun to eat at.

Of course, there is always a character meal.
      www.jamboeveryone.com
      Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

You can get sauerkraut in the German pavillion for $0.50 as a side. They give you a plateful, its good, its the cheapest thing in WDW, and it cleans out the old system.

haha

Whispering Canyon Cafe = MUST DO

it made my trip to WDW. Histerical!
        Last edited by Rapunzel; 05-26-2007, 08:52 PM. Reason: more to say

Comment

Get a babysitter and go to the California Grill.

Comment

Originally posted by WDW1974 View Post
            Get a babysitter and go to the California Grill.

Why get a babysitter when you have a perfectly good 6 year old there to do the sitting... what? Oh yeah sure, like my parents were the only ones.... I need a hug.
            “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

Comment

Ohana is highly over-rated. BTW, it's not Ohana's, it's just Ohana. Drives me crazy when people do that.

If you want some amazing fine dining, try the California Grill, Artist Point, or Jiko. All are excellent fine dining locations.

But with two little ones, they'll want to do a Character Dining Experience.

If your kids are picky, stay away from Ohana. They burn all the food there on open flames.
              -Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                Ohana is highly over-rated. BTW, it's not Ohana's, it's just Ohana. Drives me crazy when people do that.

If you want some amazing fine dining, try the California Grill, Artist Point, or Jiko. All are excellent fine dining locations.

But with two little ones, they'll want to do a Character Dining Experience.

If your kids are picky, stay away from Ohana. They burn all the food there on open flames.
                I do not think Ohana is overrated, nor does anyone else here.

Comment

Tell that to almost every West Coast Mice Chatter that came for the big meet last year! HA!
                  -Bill

Comment

Tell that to almost every West Coast Mice Chatter that came for the big meet last year! HA!
                    Fine. I'm wrong, as usual. This is why I never voice my opinion.

Comment

I was one of the west-coasters there last year and I LOVED 'Ohana.

Most loved the food, the service did leave ALOT to be desired, but with a 50 person party ... well ...

Comment

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
                        Fine. I'm wrong, as usual. This is why I never voice my opinion.
                        See you were right.

I like 'ohana (thats the way its spelled I believe) and I'm usually anti-"family style".
                        www.jamboeveryone.com
                        Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

Oh, I never said the food was bad. But I've never, not even once, had good service at Ohana. That's why people don't like the place. I know Al wasn't too fond of the place either. And don't worry about yoyo, he's fine, and he's right about most things. It was my opinion in the first place, and he decided it would be a good idea to claim that I am alone, blah blah blah.
                          -Bill

Comment

Oh, I never said the food was bad. But I've never, not even once, had good service at Ohana. That's why people don't like the place. I know Al wasn't too fond of the place either. And don't worry about yoyo, he's fine, and he's right about most things. It was my opinion in the first place, and he decided it would be a good idea to claim that I am alone, blah blah blah.
                            Whatever. I'm doing voicing opinions here. Still feels like I'm being more explained away and I am wrong. I don't need to be made feel worse than I already do right now.

Comment

I have never eaten at 'Ohana but I can say this for WDW dining in general. It is not "super". I think that anybody who goes in thinking they are going to get a world class meal with world class service is in for a suprise. Aside from V&A, nothing there has blown me away so to speak. It's like going to a chain, somtimes you get good service, sometimes not. V&A is the only place I went to that I EXPECTED and DEMANDED to get service - and they did not disappoint.

'ohana is a churriscaria, and being as such, I would almost expect poor service. The whole churriscaria concept has service problems, I must have eaten in more than half a dozen of them in my life, a numerous times in each, and have allways had sub-par serivce. I don't know why, but its something I have come to expect. Maybe the mazzive amounts of sangria makes it acceptable.

-dave
                              "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
                              "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X