This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mickey Kicked out of Mickey Avenue & Closure for PIXAR

The Meet & Greet with Mickey is no longer on Mickey Ave. Meet Darth Vader will take over for the month of June. After that, Mickey Ave will close for an extended re-hab should re-open as a re-done PIXAR area of the park in March.

AFAIK, this is common knowledge, it just hasn't been pointed out.
    -Bill

Re: Mickey Kicked out of Mickey Avenue & Closure for PIXAR

Bill, I don't like common knowledge ... it's the uncommon knowledge that is always so much fun!

Comment

It's uncommonly common though to hear those silly rumors. This is real. lol
      -Bill

Comment

pixar, eh?? hopefully theyll push mickey out for something good....not something subpar (*COUGH* Tomorrowland *COUGH*)
        sigpic Blast Off Into Adventure!!

Originally posted by TheRockr
        Space Junk once taught Peter Pan how to do Mick Jagger's famous strut.

Comment

Maybe Meet & Greet Mickey will get a bigger better home somewhere else in the park.

Comment

I sure hope so, Micoofy. Pixar is nice, but they are bordering on overkill for me. If they move Pixar to Mickey Ave, maybe Mickey can move to the Disney animation building. Will Mickey Ave be renamed......Pixar Ave?
            "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
            - Walt Disney

Comment

I've heard that Mickey Ave will become Pixar Place or something to that effect. But the entire park is probably getting re-named as well.
              -Bill

Comment

When the new Toy Stiory Mania ride opens up, Mickey Avenue will probably become Pixar Avenue and it is rumoured that the whole street will be home to the Pixar characters. That means that Buzz & Woody, Monsters, Inc and perhaps even the Incredibles meet & greets will also be moved to somewhere on Mickey Ave.

Also, since the backlot tour is only a shell of it's former self, I predict that it will close soon after the Toy Story Mania opens and the area will likely get clones of the Cars ride and Nemo roller coaster that was recentl added to the Walt Disney Studios Park in Paris. Add a shop and maybe move Pizza Planet to the area and you pretty much have a "Pixarland" themed area for the park.

As far as a meet and greet for Mickey (blue "Dreams" costume in the morning, traditional red pants, black tails in afternoon), he remains at the hat. The Sorcerer Mickey that was on Mickey Avenue is now closed. The only way to see Mickey in his Sorcerer garb now will be during Fantasmic.

Comment

We got our pic taken once at SWW on Mickey Ave with mickey dressed up like Luke Skywalker- that was so awesome! I wish they still did that.... but I guess by moving darth vader indoors they will be able to theme his meet and greet area a little better.

Comment

Jedi Mickey will be here this year.
                    -Bill

Comment

Originally posted by ti2gr View Post
                      When the new Toy Stiory Mania ride opens up, Mickey Avenue will probably become Pixar Avenue and it is rumoured that the whole street will be home to the Pixar characters. That means that Buzz & Woody, Monsters, Inc and perhaps even the Incredibles meet & greets will also be moved to somewhere on Mickey Ave.

Also, since the backlot tour is only a shell of it's former self, I predict that it will close soon after the Toy Story Mania opens and the area will likely get clones of the Cars ride and Nemo roller coaster that was recentl added to the Walt Disney Studios Park in Paris. Add a shop and maybe move Pizza Planet to the area and you pretty much have a "Pixarland" themed area for the park.
                      Wow, you're a smart lad. But you forgot about Monsters.

BTW, I'm being serious, not sarcastic. lol Just umm, don't expect Pizza Planet to move anytime soon.
                      -Bill

Comment

Aww, but sorcerer Mickey is my favorite version, *grumbles* They keep taking more and more away, I can only hope he gets relocated.

And to be fair, I think that I'd rather have a Pixar themed land that what MGM has become in the past decade. At least it will be a bit of an update.

Comment

Remember Pixar is Disney...so you're getting tired of Disney?
                          Does not compute.

Comment

it wouldn't be that bad to have all pixar characters in one area and maybe do something with soundstage one, a show theater or something. you could put on a pixar character review or something. just and idea of course.

Comment

My son is realy going to miss the meet n' greet with Sorcerer Mickey
                              www.jamboeveryone.com
                              Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X