X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captain Rex fired?

Apparently, it's going to happen soon.

He keeps overshooting the Endor moon and Disney has finally decided it might be time to send him packing.

But there's good news for you.

Yeah, it appears as if Star Tours will finally be receiving a SIGNIFICANT upgrade and new ride/show experience.

The script is already being worked on by a very-talented writer ... and a very big fan fave Imagineer (I think a famous WDI gadfly refers to him a a 'Celebrity Imagineer') is riding herd on the project ... and, no, I don't mean Tom Fitzgerald.

So look for a major improvement to Star Tours to happen sometime during the 2008 rebranding of the park ... this also will happen at DL at the same time. No word yet on a schedule for Paris and Tokyo.

Oh ... and a few other studio tidbits ... don't be surprised if something big happens to coincide with the fourth installment of a beloved action adventure series being released to theaters ... and no, I'm most definitely not talking about Pirates.

And you know that Crush coaster debuting in Paris, that ride system would make for a way kewl Monsters Inc ride for the new Disney-Pixar Studios ... not that I know anything, just saying ;-)

Re: Captain Rex fired?

Will California also be gettign a revamped Star Tours about the same time?
    And what are you suggesting about Indy, like a ride? or a newer better stunt show?

Comment

Originally posted by WDW1974 View Post
      And you know that Crush coaster debuting in Paris, that ride system would make for a way kewl Monsters Inc ride for the new Disney-Pixar Studios ... not that I know anything, just saying ;-)
      Any idea if this could possibly help free Tomorrowland of MILF?

Is the rebranding definitely Disney-PIXAR? And if so, then how does Lucas play into all of this?

You have me all excited and full of questions!

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
        :whistlingSo, help any of us out on what that acronym means before our minds start wandering?
        "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

Comment

Originally posted by Wally View Post
          :whistlingSo, help any of us out on what that acronym means before our minds start wandering?
          Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor, the one attraction I must abbreviate.

Comment

Ah... anyhoo. Just will the huge amount of rumors about it, Star Tours must get a makeover at some point, however I believe that 2008 is waaaaaay too soon. Give it a few more years and we should have something cool.
            "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral View Post
              Will California also be gettign a revamped Star Tours about the same time?
              And what are you suggesting about Indy, like a ride? or a newer better stunt show?
              Yeah, DL will.

And did I mention Indy?

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post

Is the rebranding definitely Disney-PIXAR? And if so, then how does Lucas play into all of this?

You have me all excited and full of questions!
                In order:

1.) Sadly, I doubt it;
                2.) Yes;
                3.) Lucas obviously has/had to approve this;

Comment

Originally posted by WDW1974 View Post
                  And did I mention Indy?
                  So Disney did get the rights to Rambo?

Thanks for answering my questions.

Comment

Do you have a source, or are you the source? I must know the answer!
                    Thanks for the info we can only hope it goes through.

Comment

An imagineer I spoke with last week who is very high on the food chain didn't elaborate on an exact date for Star Tours. He said that there were several things being considered and that both parties (lucas and disney) were on board to update the ride but licenses and legal needed to be on the same page.

2008 is next year... seems rather soon doesn't it? Not trying to doubt your source but I somehow doubt that they would update the ride when another attraction opens in the same park.

...or do you mean the attraction would close in 2008 for the update for a 2009 opening? Very big difference there.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                      http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

I never have anything too bad to say about WDW, but, man, does Star Tours need an upgrade. I love Star Wars and I love that ride....it is just....outdated. It's time for a change.

Anyway, I wish I knew some Imagineers, so I could have the inside scoop! You guys are lucky!
                        - Larisa

Everybody neat and pretty? Then, on with the show! -MMC

:ap:

Comment

isn't crush's coaster just a mouse coaster like the one at AK? I really don't want to see another one at another park. keep each park unique and then you have people "forced" to go to all four parks. besides disney is better than carnival rides.

Comment

Crush's coaster at WDS Paris is a smaller version of the AK one. It has four riders sitting back to back. Problem with this coaster is that it has a terrible capacity that is ok for the Paris studio but would be a disaster for Florida.

Comment

At least one of the StarSpeeders here at DL(sorry no pics) has been closed for testing for the passed week or so.
                              -Jack :geek:
                              Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X