This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The story behind the HM???

Okay, on our recent trip to Disney World, on our 100th (exagerating a little bit, not much) ride in the HM, my husband turned to me an asked..."what's the story behind this ride??"...and, well......I didn't know. I have read many times ya'll referrin to Constance, and Master Gracey, and the bride...but, the whole story escapes me. Is the movie true to the story?? Is the story official or just something fans made up??? Thanks guys.

Re: The story behind the HM???

Here's the Wiki's take on it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney%27s_Haunted_Mansion

Comment

All of the stories are either fan stories or proposals that did not make it to the final version.

Master Gracey is one of those characters from an original story. He is named after Imagineer Yale Gracey. He had a few different roles.

Constance is the name of the new black widow bride at Disneyland, tha is possibly coming to the Magic Kingdom this fall.

I highly recommend Jason Surrel's The Haunted Mansion: From the Magic Kingdom to the Movies. It does a very good job of showing what was planned and what happened, and how the film relates to the attractions (mostly Phantom Manor). DoomBuggies.com is also a very good resource.

Comment

Yes, there is a story behind the HM. Several, in fact, which have continually evolved over the years.

www.doombuggies.com is the best online source of background information on HM. I also recommend the book The Haunted Mansion: From the Magic Kingdom to the Movies by Jason Surrell.
        Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.

Comment

Constance is only in California's version (for now at least).

Comment

Another vote for Jason Surrell's book and doombuggies.com

Comment

thanks ya'll....I never thought to look at Wikipedia. And that will answer hubby's other question...."how is the ball room scene done"....thanks again, guys.

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
                I highly recommend Jason Surrel's The Haunted Mansion: From the Magic Kingdom to the Movies. It does a very good job of showing what was planned and what happened, and how the film relates to the attractions (mostly Phantom Manor). DoomBuggies.com is also a very good resource.
                what he said. The POTC one was good and I believe there is one coming on the various MK Mountains
                www.jamboeveryone.com
                Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X