Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I know I have been on a World of Motion kick lately...

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I know I have been on a World of Motion kick lately...

    Here's an amazing video I found online that includes the history of the pavilion, the entire ride through, from multiple angles, and the Transcenter, something most videos I have seen do not include. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

    World of Motion Tribute
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!










  • #2
    Re: I know I have been on a World of Motion kick lately...

    I've seen that video before. Martin has the BEST Epcot tribute videos!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: I know I have been on a World of Motion kick lately...

      Originally posted by aimster View Post
      I've seen that video before. Martin has the BEST Epcot tribute videos!
      Yes. I know he posts on a website, and I have heard of them before, but never seen them before. Truly amazing. Really made me sad when I saw it too, since I have really been missing World of Motion lately.
      It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!









      Comment


      • #4
        Re: I know I have been on a World of Motion kick lately...

        interesting video thanks for posting it. I actually don't recall ever being on that attraction so I don't really have any connection with it. Honestly I don't miss it from what I have seen. It may have served its purpose when it was built but I feel it is better left in the past.... that and also cause I like Test Track.

        Watching a that video reminded me of all the reasons I hated EPCOT when I first went in 1988, half way through the day my sister and I were literally bored to tears crying about wanting to leave and return to MK. Don't get me wrong there were some highlights for us that day like Imagination (even if we didn't want to go on it at first) and Captian EO but that was pretty much it I didn't even get to see the whole park infact I don't think I even made it to World Showcase till I was an adult. And keep in mind that I do appreciate Epcot now more than I could as a child even if that wand is hanging over the park's best piece of architecture.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: I know I have been on a World of Motion kick lately...

          Originally posted by Disney Magic View Post
          interesting video thanks for posting it. I actually don't recall ever being on that attraction so I don't really have any connection with it. Honestly I don't miss it from what I have seen. It may have served its purpose when it was built but I feel it is better left in the past.... that and also cause I like Test Track.

          Watching a that video reminded me of all the reasons I hated EPCOT when I first went in 1988, half way through the day my sister and I were literally bored to tears crying about wanting to leave and return to MK. Don't get me wrong there were some highlights for us that day like Imagination (even if we didn't want to go on it at first) and Captian EO. And keep in mind that I do appreciate Epcot now more than I could as a child even if that wand is hanging over the park's best piece of architecture.
          Very interesting, because it looks like we are the same age, and I remember as a kid loving World of Motion more than anything at EPCOT, even Imagination. I even remember refusing to go on Horizons for the first time because I loved World of Motion so much; of course that quickly changed once I rode Horizons. Just shows how different people have different points of view.

          And for the record, I like Test Track too. I just miss World of Motion more.
          It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!









          Comment


          • #6
            Re: I know I have been on a World of Motion kick lately...

            Looking back now I'd say that one of the major reasons we didn't like Epcot was cause we were so excited about being at Disney World for the first time. It was really our first and only big family vacations and we only had three days in Orlando 2 days for Disney and one for Sea World. My parents thought it would be good to do Epcot on the second day but when my sister and I realized that we would not be back to the MK we were devastated cause we didn't see everything and wanted to get to do somethings again. I believe we would have enjoyed Epcot much more and probably wouldn't have had a problem staying the rest of the day if we knew we were going back to MK the next day.

            Actually that was the only time my parents could afford to take us to Disney and the next time I went was not until 1998 and that was with my partner.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: I know I have been on a World of Motion kick lately...

              Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
              Very interesting, because it looks like we are the same age, and I remember as a kid loving World of Motion more than anything at EPCOT, even Imagination. I even remember refusing to go on Horizons for the first time because I loved World of Motion so much; of course that quickly changed once I rode Horizons. Just shows how different people have different points of view.

              And for the record, I like Test Track too. I just miss World of Motion more.
              Sometimes I get the WOM song stuck in my head.

              Also I have video that I took when I was 13 (1989) of the amazing cars of the future from the showroom at the end. You can faintly hear the recording say, "....And you dont have to wait until the 90's to experience this type of technology and comfort." I laughed when I discovered that a few years ago.
              sigpic
              When attractions were original

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: I know I have been on a World of Motion kick lately...

                Martin does some amazing tribute videos. His RoE and TT ones are especially great.
                sigpic


                Originally posted by Phonedave
                Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: I know I have been on a World of Motion kick lately...

                  OMG I just realized watching this video where this photo was taken from. :lol:

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: I know I have been on a World of Motion kick lately...

                    Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
                    I have really been missing World of Motion lately.
                    You're missing WOM like I miss the original Journey Into Imagination. That was my absolute favorite ride at WDW besides Peoplemover.

                    Comment

                    Ad Widget

                    Collapse
                    Working...
                    X