Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More 'Contemporary Resort' Changes

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • More 'Contemporary Resort' Changes

    As you are probably aware, lots of changes are happening over at The Contemporary these days, one of the most recent being the relocation of their famous Arcade area.
    New information regarding the restaurants has surfaced and the attached information was posted at www.allearsnet.com :
    "The Food and Fun Center will close in July to be converted to a new table service restaurant. Beginning July 30, 2007, a temporary quick service restaurant called Tempo Grab and Go will operate near the Outer Rim lounge on the 4th Floor. It will be open through August 14, 2008. The new table service location will be called The Wave, and is tentatively set to open in late March or April 2008. Once The Wave opens, the Concourse Steakhouse will close and a new, permanent quick service restaurant will be constructed in that space, set to debut in mid-August 2008."
    Last edited by tjcjr; 06-10-2007, 07:31 PM. Reason: wording

  • #2
    Re: More 'Contemporary Resort' Changes

    Wow, Tempo Grab and Go, now what a cool name! lol (Tempo Bay of course!)
    -Bill

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: More 'Contemporary Resort' Changes

      You know, maybe this is just my common sense kicking in here, BUT I can't help but think that the fourth floor, with the large atrium, monorails whisshing by ... well, that's the place for high end dining and NOT a quick serve stand.

      But what do I know?

      I'm not a consultant.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: More 'Contemporary Resort' Changes

        74, I guess I should point out the California Grille was originally a cafe of some kind? I remember that 80-ish tourism video with a live band singing Joy To The World (not Christmas, the Jeremiah was a bullfrog version) and surroundings that certainly didn't look very hoity-toity.

        The LAX theme building was also a fairly middle of the road cafe once upon a time. Things change, I think most people don't want nice meals in a room with very high ceilings.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: More 'Contemporary Resort' Changes

          It's a little distracting and busy on the 4th floor for fine dining - not exactly a relaxed setting. Plus, it always bothered me that it was right next to Chef Mickey's. Again, not conducive to a nice, relaxing meal. The Wave location could be ideal if everything is organized well.
          "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
          - Walt Disney

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: More 'Contemporary Resort' Changes

            Well, my daughter will be absolutely crushed by this! She loves that arcade and we make special trips over to Contemporary every time we are there just so she can play the games. I really don't think this hotel needs yet another restaurant. Well, I guess Chuck E. Cheese is just going to get some of my Disney budget now...
            Originally posted by larasound
            am I the burrito man?

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: More 'Contemporary Resort' Changes

              If it makes her feel any better, the Arcade hasn't completely disappeared, it was just moved to a smaller location upstairs occupying space that once housed a gift shop.

              My kids had the same reaction when they heard the news because we also made it a definite part of our itinerary on every trip.

              You can view some pics of the changes at these links:
              http://www.laughingplace.com/Lotion-View-398-6.asp
              http://www.laughingplace.com/Lotion-View-398-5.asp
              Last edited by tjcjr; 06-11-2007, 07:39 AM. Reason: missing words

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: More 'Contemporary Resort' Changes

                Dang, I was hoping for a basementy steak house with real dark wood and a great, but small menu.
                sigpic
                When attractions were original

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: More 'Contemporary Resort' Changes

                  This SUCKS!:thumbdown I LOVE the Concourse Steakhouse! We missed our trip this year and will be going May of 2008 and will not be able to eat at one of our favorite restaurants at the Contemporary which is where we always stay at The World. I am saddened by this news.:crybye: Oh well, the only thing constant with Disney is change...:greedy:
                  Susabelle

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: More 'Contemporary Resort' Changes

                    Originally posted by tjcjr View Post
                    If it makes her feel any better, the Arcade hasn't completely disappeared, it was just moved to a smaller location upstairs occupying space that once housed a gift shop.

                    My kids had the same reaction when they heard the news because we also made it a definite part of our itinerary on every trip.
                    This will only make me feel better if the tickets/rewards system is still in place. She loves playing skee-ball and then getting to pick a prize for her tickets...
                    Originally posted by larasound
                    am I the burrito man?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: More 'Contemporary Resort' Changes

                      Maybe our favorite bar, The Outer Rim, will get some comfortable chairs. Its hard to enjoy a Sam Adams while sitting 9 inches off the ground and four foot back to an abnormally deep chair.

                      from what i heard from our server last March; it is staying, but will be smaller.
                      sigpic
                      When attractions were original

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: More 'Contemporary Resort' Changes

                        Originally posted by evilqueenrocks View Post
                        This will only make me feel better if the tickets/rewards system is still in place. She loves playing skee-ball and then getting to pick a prize for her tickets...
                        Not to worry, I am told that the tickets/rewards system is functioning at the new "Game Station" Arcade which is one of the main reasons we went there as well.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: More 'Contemporary Resort' Changes

                          Originally posted by MickeyMania View Post
                          74, I guess I should point out the California Grille was originally a cafe of some kind? I remember that 80-ish tourism video with a live band singing Joy To The World (not Christmas, the Jeremiah was a bullfrog version) and surroundings that certainly didn't look very hoity-toity.

                          The LAX theme building was also a fairly middle of the road cafe once upon a time. Things change, I think most people don't want nice meals in a room with very high ceilings.

                          Well, I'll point out that you're mistaken.

                          Before the California Grill opened the location was known from 1971-1993 as the Top of the World. It featured great breakast buffets sans characters and an incredible Sunday Brunch.

                          At night it had a dinner show and regularly had major entertainers perform.
                          The resturant was always an upscale location.

                          Perhaps, you're thinking of the Concourse Cafe (the predecessor to Concourse Steakhouse) that was more of a typical coffee shop place?

                          And Encounter at LAX really doesn't fit into this discussion, IMHO.

                          My only point is that the Grand Canyon Concourse is valueable real estate in a unique location ... and it good be better purposed than a lousy arcade (which I saw for myself a few days ago) and quick serve food location.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: More 'Contemporary Resort' Changes

                            Originally posted by sealsm View Post
                            It's a little distracting and busy on the 4th floor for fine dining - not exactly a relaxed setting. Plus, it always bothered me that it was right next to Chef Mickey's. Again, not conducive to a nice, relaxing meal. The Wave location could be ideal if everything is organized well.
                            It was much more relaxed and upscale before they moved Chef Mickey's in from the Village in 1995.

                            There were, at one time, three resturants and a bar in that concourse area.

                            Comment

                            Ad Widget

                            Collapse
                            Working...
                            X