This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O Canada! Refurbishment Coming

Figured I should pass this along, O Canada will be closed the 20th - 24th of August. More than likely, this is to install the new film with Martin Short.
    - Horizonsfan

Re: O Canada! Refurbishment Coming

Heard about the dates. Didn't know about Martin Short. Interesting.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Martin Short is one thing. As long as William Shatner and Celine Dion don't sing the attraction's theme song, we should be OK. Or Robin Williams (let alone Matt and Trey) singing Blame Canada.
      Kevin Yee
      MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
      Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
      Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
      Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
      Mouse Trap
      Tokyo Disney Made Easy
      101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
      Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

Comment

aww... they are updating it right after my trip. Another attraction to add on my list to see next time!

Disney: true inspiration!

Comment

Originally posted by horizonsfan92 View Post
          Figured I should pass this along, O Canada will be closed the 20th - 24th of August. More than likely, this is to install the new film with Martin Short.
          hadn't heard the Martin Short angle ... could you elaborate?

Comment

Supposedly, the new narration of this film is going to be done by Martin Short. I guess, and I mean I guess, Disney wanted someone who is well-known. Of course, with them being Disney, they went for someone who isn't quite a A-lister but also, not a B-lister.

I'm not entirely sure what scenes will be shown in this new version. For the most part, it sounds like this re-do is going to be similar to what occured to China's film a few years ago.

Take it for what it's worth. I'm just telling you what I've found so, please don't bash me if I'm wrong when is all said and done.

P.S. I've also read that the film's main song is going away. It wouldn't surprise me, most of Epcot's original songs are disappearing.
            - Horizonsfan

Comment

Since they're trashing the nostalgic theme song, maybe they'll integrate some Joni or Leonard Cohen into the mix? But God help me, if they put Off-Kilter into the new soundtrack, I'll boycott the Beaver Tail stand. Oh, well nevermind.
              - Bill

Comment

It says on some other nottobenamedsite.com that the classic Canada theme song is staying, and being re-done with the singer who won Canadian Idol.
                hmmm...

Comment

Like I said before, take what I said with a grain of salt. I'm just telling everybody what I've heard. The final product could be very different and, on the other hand, exactly what I said. Only time will tell...
                  - Horizonsfan

Comment

Originally posted by KevinYee View Post
                    Martin Short is one thing. As long as William Shatner and Celine Dion don't sing the attraction's theme song, we should be OK. Or Robin Williams (let alone Matt and Trey) singing Blame Canada.
                    Uh, don't start mentioning William Shatner. Right now, in Calgary (Canada), there is an exhibit in the downtown area dedicated exclusively to Shatner and his 76 years of existence so far. And, yes, there could be rumors that he may come to the area later this year, either to see it or go to a Star Trek convention in a near-by town. And, by the way, do you really want to know what the town's name is? I'll give it to you now: it is VULCAN!

Comment

Anything has to be better than the current film (currently standing as the only attraction I have ever walked out of).
                      “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by tcsnwhite View Post
                        It says on some other nottobenamedsite.com that the classic Canada theme song is staying, and being re-done with the singer who won Canadian Idol.
                        hmmm...
                        That could mean that it could be re-done by the following people:

- Ryan Malcolm of Kingston, Ontario;
                        - Kalan Porter of Medicine Hat, Alberta;
                        - Melissa O'Neil of my adoptive hometown: Calgary; or,
                        - Eva Avila of Ottawa, Ontario.

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Idol

It is kind of bad that most Canadians I know of here are not aware that it has a pavilion at the WDW Epcot World Showcase area.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDisneyInquisitor View Post
                          Anything has to be better than the current film (currently standing as the only attraction I have ever walked out of).
                          I'm going to resist taking a shot, Mikey ... even though it ain't easy.

So instead I'll ask, did they have to carry you out of all the others?

Comment

Originally posted by WDW1974 View Post
                            I'm going to resist taking a shot, Mikey ... even though it ain't easy.

So instead I'll ask, did they have to carry you out of all the others?
                            All the other attractions (whether I liked them or not) at least held my attention for the entire run. Not with Canada. :sleep:
                            “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Comment

I loved Oh! Canada and despite the film getting scratched and worn it conveyed the spendour of Canada and it cultures and rituals. I particularly loved the Mounties surrounding you and the walk up the central aisle of the Cathedral, the sledge ride in Quebec and the buzz of the jets. Yes, it's time it was updated so I'll be eager to see what they come with. Do they still have those brilliant street theatre guys - the one with the silent movie railroad type villain and the lumberjack hero. They were so funny. Does anybody remember them - what were they called?
                              Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X