This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WDW by Myself...

I am planning my 3rd trip to WDW, I am traveling alone, any tips, hints, or advice?

Re: WDW by Myself...

I always go by myself and always have a good time. You can see everything on YOUR timetable. Ride what you want to ride when you want to ride it and eat where you want when you're hungry. No one complaining they're tired or don't want to ride certain rides or whatever. You get there when you want and you leave when you want. Going solo is one of the best ways to experience WDW.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
      I always go by myself and always have a good time. You can see everything on YOUR timetable. Ride what you want to ride when you want to ride it and eat where you want when you're hungry. No one complaining they're tired or don't want to ride certain rides or whatever. You get there when you want and you leave when you want. Going solo is one of the best ways to experience WDW.
      I agree, to a point. I did have the BEST time last Saturday but there were many MANY times I knew my kids would have enjoyed where I was even more so for me it's nice but I enjoy seeing WDW through my kids eyes more.

But I do agree with all the reasons you listed, was nice to do all of those things.

Comment

I did a solo trip last January for the first time and had a great time. I also spent 2 days (a mini-trip) by myself in April. Just as aimster said, you can ride whatever you want without worrying about schedules and pleasing everyone.

I usually go with either my sister or my mom. Neither one does thrill rides, and my sister in particular is so darn picky (good thing she doesn't read these). She tells me, "Oh, go ahead, I'll wait," but I feel so guilty, I don't ride.

During my solo trip last year, I went on the teacups for the first time since I was, like, 5, Swiss Family Treehouse, Astro Orbiter....it was so cool! I felt like I was visiting the parks for the first time!

Here's my tip: Don't be afraid to make ADRs and eat alone. I went to Tony's for lunch one day, and made conversation with my waiter. He sent over a nice man to serenade me and make me a napkin candle to set the ambiance. It was really special.
        "When entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." -Sam Eagle

"I may have invented these bifocals I'm wearing, but I can assure you they're not rose-colored" -Ben Franklin, The American Adventure

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.

I will be there for 6 days 4 of which will be solo.

I am SO excited!!!

Comment

BTW I have done Disneyland solo many times but this will be my first WDW trip solo, so I am feeling a little overwhelmed.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaDisney View Post
              BTW I have done Disneyland solo many times but this will be my first WDW trip solo, so I am feeling a little overwhelmed.
              There is no reason to feel overwhelmed! I'm sure you will enjoy it. Also, if you feel like you need some company for at least a day or part of one there is a large possibility that a MiceChatter or two could join you. :cwink:

Comment

Originally posted by MegaDisney View Post

Nah, don't be worried.

In fact, you can meet some very outgoing people if you just say hi. Sometimes if it is crowded you can even match up with people to eat.

-dave
                "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
                "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Comment

I think I'd enjoy a solo trip every now and then because I always get annoyed when my parties decide they're tired and they want to leave before I've seen everything I wanted to. However a good percentage of my fun is in sharing these experiences with people I love, I think I could have a good time in a different sort of way, but I think I'd really miss sharing the laughs, thrills, etc... with my loved ones.

Comment

i don't think i would be brave enough to travel all that way on my own, but im sure id have a good time if i did after the first couple of days, but agian id miss sharing things with other people!

Comment

Single rider lines ... what more can I say.
                      Have a blast !!!!!

Comment

i loved my solo trip. also agree with ADRs. made one for brown derby and chefs de france and the waiters were great.

Comment

I have done solo trips before... Well at least solo visits to the parks when my friends wanted to hang around their hotel pool.

I agree with everyone who says its the best way to experience WDW. You get to come and go as you please. No worries about kids having to rest or nap or eat. Getting to ride your favorite rides multiple times.

The only time I every feel weird is when I am eating. Most of the time its a non issue, because I grab something in the park, but if I make a reservation at a character breakfast or lunch... I feel weird, I dont know why, but whatever, I am having fun..

Either way, you will have a great time.

Comment

Originally posted by Parisi View Post
                            I have done solo trips before... Well at least solo visits to the parks when my friends wanted to hang around their hotel pool.

I agree with everyone who says its the best way to experience WDW. You get to come and go as you please. No worries about kids having to rest or nap or eat. Getting to ride your favorite rides multiple times.

The only time I every feel weird is when I am eating. Most of the time its a non issue, because I grab something in the park, but if I make a reservation at a character breakfast or lunch... I feel weird, I dont know why, but whatever, I am having fun..

Either way, you will have a great time.
                            The only time I feel strange eating alone is when I am at an all you can eat family style place (Ohana or Liberate your Appitite).

Eating alone at a buffet is OK. I can go up and take a human sized portion and sit down and eat it.

Something about the wait staff bringing unlimited platters of food to me (and just me) makes me feel a little strange.

-dave
                            "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
                            "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Comment

Originally posted by Phonedave View Post
                              The only time I feel strange eating alone is when I am at an all you can eat family style place (Ohana or Liberate your Appitite).

Eating alone at a buffet is OK. I can go up and take a human sized portion and sit down and eat it.

Something about the wait staff bringing unlimited platters of food to me (and just me) makes me feel a little strange.

-dave
                              See thats my issue... I love OHANA... I mean I really love it. so when I do go alone, I never get to experience it, because I too feel weird about that... but sometimes you just have to say WHAT THE ******!!! and enjoy it.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X