This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing planned to mark Epcot's 25th?

Am I wrong in thinking there is nothing special planned to mark EPCOT's 25th anniversary? I know we are still amid the YOAMMD, but shouldn't EPCOT Center get a little love of its own?
    Last edited by tofubeast; 07-20-2007, 05:06 PM.

Re: Nothing planned to mark Epcot's 25th?

Apparently not! It's been a topic of much discussion here on Micechat. Lotta Disney fans are pretty sore over this and I can't blame us.

Comment

Originally posted by tofubeast View Post
      Am I wrong in thinking there is nothing special planned to mark Epcot's 25th? I know we are still amid the YOAMMD, but shouldn't Epcot get a little love of its own?
      nope - nothing ... nada ... zip ... zilch ...

Comment

I plan to make a home-made shirt that I'm going to be wearing to EPCOT (I planned my trip for the 25th anniversary.

Wow, someone should cafepress some shirts about the 25th- I bet they would make a lot of money on dorks like me!

Comment

I'd buy one. Epcot is our favorite park. It is disappointing that they are are not going to do anything for the 25th.

Comment

Originally posted by tofubeast View Post
            Am I wrong in thinking there is nothing special planned to mark Epcot's 25th? I know we are still amid the YOAMMD, but shouldn't Epcot get a little love of its own?
            Nope.

I believe there is at least one pin that has been released, if not more. They do have some "EPCOT CENTER" merch and SSE with out the wand for adults located in Mouse Gear that I saw last May. It's quite cute and seemed to be sellilng well too. Hopefully Disney will pick up on that and continue to make more park-exclusive merchandise again.

Originally posted by Pacha View Post
            Apparently not! It's been a topic of much discussion here on Micechat. Lotta Disney fans are pretty sore over this and I can't blame us.
            Yup. If anyone wants to.. they should read these threads. The first one has information to contact WDW Execs.
            EPCOT Center turns 25 in one year!
            Epcot Chief says No 25th Anniversary Celebration.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPigletFan View Post
              Nope.

I believe there is at least one pin that has been released, if not more. They do have some "EPCOT CENTER" merch and SSE with out the wand for adults located in Mouse Gear that I saw last May. It's quite cute and seemed to be sellilng well too. Hopefully Disney will pick up on that and continue to make more park-exclusive merchandise again.
              These are the aforementioned shirts:

I was quite thrilled to see them when I was there in May!

Comment

Hehe. Thanks for posting the pictures girl! I knew someone had to have them. :cwink:

Comment

I kinda like the purple one but I know I'd never wear it (I feel like I'm being choked when I wear crewneck t-shirts).

Comment

I want the first one so bad.
                    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
                    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
                    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
                    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
                    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
                    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
                    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
                    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
                    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
                    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
                    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
                    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
                    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
                    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
                    TRIP REPORTS

Comment

For Epcot's big 25th, they should re-open Wonders of Life, or add a new country to World Showcase... why is Epcot being ignored like this?
                      I am a rabid Disney fan. Possible future Imagineer (already designing rides for it)... I've only been to Disneyland. I'm hoping to go to Disney World this summer for the first time, and TDR might be possible in 3 years.

First DL trip - 1997

First WDW trip - N/A

# of Times I've Been on Tower of Terror (DCA): 68

# of Times I've Been on Finding Nemo Subs:
                      Argonaut - 1
                      Sea Farer - 1

Comment

Originally posted by FinalAdventure View Post
                        For Epcot's big 25th, they should re-open Wonders of Life, or add a new country to World Showcase... why is Epcot being ignored like this?
                        Well at least we have the following things to look forward to or inprocess?Now we just need to get France, China, and Norway updated and Epcot will be good on films for what - another 20-25 years? :cwink: I do agree it would be nice if there was more, but at least Ep-ity-cot is getting some TLC, no?

Comment

I went to Epcot just last week and they have the purple one shown in aimster's post on sale for $12.99. Sadly, it doesn't seem like they will be getting more of them in since they didn't have that many left, and they're already on clearance. I bought the black one with Epcot Center across the front a little while back and I love it.

Comment

^ I do like your shirts SpookyBear. You should make more. :cwink: And Disney should too! :lol:

Comment

I can't get excited by tees ... that's just me.

And, while I'm excited by some of the many changes coming to Epcot the bottom line is that none have anything to do with the milestone anniversary.

Disney is ignoring it and focusing it's attention on the Year of a Million Whatevers.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X