This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EPCOT: American Adventure Movie

The update to the movie at the American Adventure was completed last week.
    Has anyone seen it and if so, what were the modifications?

Re: EPCOT: American Adventure Movie

From what I have read elsewhere, they have added 9/11 footage, as well as footage of armed services. Based on other boards, it seems to be very emotional, as many people now have been tearing/crying during the film.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Here's a video. I had a hard time making out much of the new stuff, though.

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=3802ZBOAKb4[/youtube]
      "When entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." -Sam Eagle

"I may have invented these bifocals I'm wearing, but I can assure you they're not rose-colored" -Ben Franklin, The American Adventure

Comment

I see several new bits in there. Also notice that there is a rather large and thick burst of fireworks that now covers the Twin Towers that used to appear behind the Statue of Liberty in the final shot.

Can't say I like the new vocals so much. Though that might just be poor recording quality on the video.

Comment

A little OTT...
          Quite stirring though.
          BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
          October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
          October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
          April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
          October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
          October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
          October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
          October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
          December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
          July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
          July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
          July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
          February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
          February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
          TRIP REPORTS

Comment

I got goose bumps just by watching that.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
              it seems to be very emotional, as many people now have been tearing/crying during the film.
              great thats what I want to do at a theme park
              www.jamboeveryone.com
              Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
                From what I have read elsewhere, they have added 9/11 footage, as well as footage of armed services. Based on other boards, it seems to be very emotional, as many people now have been tearing/crying during the film.
                I'd tear up and cry during the former version of the film for various reasons, and I teared up again watching the YouTube link of the new film.

Glad to see the update and thanks to Sabres for posting the video.

Originally posted by Opus1guy View Post
                I see several new bits in there. Also notice that there is a rather large and thick burst of fireworks that now covers the Twin Towers that used to appear behind the Statue of Liberty in the final shot.

Can't say I like the new vocals so much. Though that might just be poor recording quality on the video.
                I first saw this attraction in 2003. The cityscape in the previous film always looked ambiguous to me.

The vocals on "Golden Dream" sound like its the same recording as before, however, the song has been edited by placing the chorus during the first verse, and then picking up with the verse that had been cut right after the moon landing.
                Last edited by RonNYC; 07-04-2007, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Opus1guy View Post
                  Yes, I noticed that too. They added a part with Clinton and Bush Sr, more olympics, 9/11 and some others. I haven't seen the attraction that many times, but I did think it was nice.

Bill mentioned that the kids at the end were new, but I honestly couldn't tell you for sure. I did notice the blurring as Opus1guy mentioned, which got me to thinking that they were trying to hide old skyline footage with the Towers, but who knows. Overall I think it was nice - very emotional, that is for sure.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X