This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Space Mountain Rockets

I've never been to WDW before, but know that your Space Mountain rockets have single-file seating. What I want to know, is, does anybody have any pictures of the rockets? I've searched through MC and Google, and cannot find any real pictures. All I can find are cheesy, blurry publicity photos. Do they have seatbelts, or lapbars? Do they glow in the dark, like our's used to?

Just a curious Disneylander. Thanks for any help!

Re: Space Mountain Rockets

They are individual seats (not 2 seats like the matterhorn) and they have lap-bars.

Here is a picture, can't really see it, but you can see the individual seating configuration. And Rixter (Front Seat) has his hands on the lap-bar.

Comment

Yes they do glow in the dark.

Comment

Take a look on RCDB, it's a good angle for seeing just how similar they are to Matterhorn sleds.

Comment

Ok, cool. My next question then (despite the ride being rough, from what I understand, or maybe it isn't? ), is: are they comfortable? Granted, the padding may be a little old and compacted, but is the basic shape of the seats comfortable?

Comment

The ride can be a bit bumpy but the seats have been comfortable in my experience.

Comment

I'd say it's pretty comfortable... not extremely comfy, but not terrible. The ride is somewhat rough, especially on the track on the right hand side. The left is noticeably smoother. Hope this helps!

Comment

It does! Thank you, all, for your help.

The reason I asked is because DLR is designing new Matterhorn bobsleds, so rumor says (which no one knows what will happen there- anyone's guess is as good as the next person's) and I wondered if they would possibly borrow the design/concept of your SM rockets for the new bobsleds. And, I was curious as to what your's look like.

But, again, a big Thank You for all y'alls help.

Comment

I always find getting out of the rockets to be a problem. That's about it. They are comfortable to sit in during the trip, as comfortable as a trip on SM can be. Also, if you have a large bag with you, hopefully you can leave it with someone, since there really is no room in the rocket to carry larger items. I have done it, but it's not much fun.

Here is a little better picture of the seats in the rockets.

http://www.allears.net/tp/mk/mk_space14.jpg
                  It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Yikes!!! That lap bar looks like it could be painful?
                    Matthew

Comment

Why back when Space Mountain used to have seatbelts like the Matterhorn bobsleds.

Comment

I've always found that it wasn't very comfortable on my legs. On DL's SM, you are in an upright sitting position. On MK's SM, your legs are more straight out.

Comment

WDW SM isn't dark enough!! Having the tracks open to the Q area is a negative IMHO. I haven't noticed a any real difference in right v.s. left side ride but it is more jerky than DLR SM. I think this may take some further investigation so it's off to WDW next month to do indepth analysis. Could take multiple rides (WhoooHooo). My favorite research!!
                          sigpic The one and only...The Original...
                          :yea:Mountain Man

Comment

Since we are talking about SM.....

Before DL completely redid SM.....were the track layouts the same at both parks? I haven't been on the new version at DL...so pretty used to the old version. But hard to compare to the WDW version.

When finally getting to ride the WDW version last year, I was most surprised by the boarding area. It was so different.

Comment

They are completly different. The track layout is completly different. DL has one track. WDW two tracks.

Roughness depeds on which side of the mountain you are on. Alpha (the left track) is smoother than its sister Omega (the right track)

Seats well it gets as comfy as it can on SM?
                              Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X