Going to WDW Resort 7-22-05 3 day quick visit. Tips?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigmacX
    • Mar 2005

Going to WDW Resort 7-22-05 3 day quick visit. Tips?

Well people, I had a pleasant suprise last week that one of my clients will be celebrating some Latino Awards @ the Wyndham Resort and Spa on WDW Resort and I got the free trip and accomodations for being one of the sponsors. Since it will be a very short visit, maybe from Jul. 22-25 I have to make a very wise choice on what to visit(MK,Epcot,MGM), this would be my 8th time, but I know you guys have better tips than I do.
    What about the Resort's Water Parks?
  • Labuda
    Uber Disney freak! �O�
    • Jan 2005

Hoo boy. Expect big crowds almost everywhere you turn, and HEAT - very hot, humid, and rain every afternoon. I'd make sure you do DAK early in the day (all the flora & fauna there make it feel more humid than the other parks), and if the Wyndham has extra magic hour privs - take advantage of it!

Otherwise, HAVE A PLAN, and make sure you use Fastpass whenever possible. Also, Ridemax supposedly has a WDW version now, too, so check it out http://www.ridemax.com
    -Ann

WDW:
    July 1987 - offsite, 1-day visit to the MK; July-August 2000 - honeymoon - Port Orleans (now POFQ); May 2003 - Caribbean Beach Resort; Dec 2003 - Coronado Springs; April 2004 - Pop Century (PC) & POFQ; Sept 2004 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; May 2005 - Port Orleans Riverside; Sept 2005 - PC; Oct 2006 - POFQ; Apr 2007 - PC; July 2007 - Boardwalk Villas (WOO HOO! I was at WDW in the MK on the 20th anniversary of my first visit!); August - Sept 2007 - Old Key West; Sept 2007 - Saratoga Springs; Oct 2007 - BWV; Mar-Apr 2008 - SS

DLR:
    Dec 2001 - Grand Californian; Jan 2005 - GC; July 2005 - HoJo Anaheim & GC; Dec 2008 - Best Western Park Place Inn

p.s. Wanna buy a :monkey:?

Comment

• BigmacX
      • Mar 2005

Now that I remember something. Since this acommodations are given to me, and I have never stayed inside the resort, the question pops out of my mind. The park tickets are included (in the package) when you stay inside the resort?

I still have some details from this trip missing, like transportation from the Orlando Int'l Airport to the Wyndham R&S.

Comment

• Labuda
        Uber Disney freak! �O�
        • Jan 2005

Tickets aren't likely to be included unless you booked a package deal that specifically states they are.
        -Ann

WDW:
        July 1987 - offsite, 1-day visit to the MK; July-August 2000 - honeymoon - Port Orleans (now POFQ); May 2003 - Caribbean Beach Resort; Dec 2003 - Coronado Springs; April 2004 - Pop Century (PC) & POFQ; Sept 2004 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; May 2005 - Port Orleans Riverside; Sept 2005 - PC; Oct 2006 - POFQ; Apr 2007 - PC; July 2007 - Boardwalk Villas (WOO HOO! I was at WDW in the MK on the 20th anniversary of my first visit!); August - Sept 2007 - Old Key West; Sept 2007 - Saratoga Springs; Oct 2007 - BWV; Mar-Apr 2008 - SS

DLR:
        Dec 2001 - Grand Californian; Jan 2005 - GC; July 2005 - HoJo Anaheim & GC; Dec 2008 - Best Western Park Place Inn

p.s. Wanna buy a :monkey:?

Comment

• xomegan06
          • Mar 2005

Recent Disney Trip

My husband and I just arrived back in Beverly Hills after coming back from Disney World on Saturday the 25th. We stayed at the Grand Floridian Resort and Spa which was very nice, but we did notice that the parks were very crowded due to the 50th Anniversary Celebration. The weather was in the mid 80's the whole time we were there and was very nice. It rained almost every day but that was nice because the temperatures cooled off quite a bit. I would reccomend visiting Epcot to ride the new Soarin' ride which was a blast, but if you don't want to wait a long time arrive when the park opens to get fast passes. Also I figured out that the wait times on most rides are not accurate. Soarin said 155 min. and it only took my husband and I an hour to ride. The new Stunt show at MGM Studios is also really cool, I noticed that the Magic Kingdom was by far the most crowded park. If you have time of course visit all the parks, but if your looking to try and relax a bit only visit two parks so maybe you can have one day of relaxing by the pool, and a nice dinner or something. I have never visited any of the Disney Waterparks, but I am sure they are nice. Well I hope you have a wonderful time!!!!!!!
          Megan

Comment

• TraceCub
            Clearing my Calendar
            • Jun 2005

Originally posted by BigmacX
            Since it will be a very short visit, maybe from Jul. 22-25 I have to make a very wise choice on what to visit(MK,Epcot,MGM
            Does this mean you've decided on visiting MK, Epcot, and MGM and want to know how to maximize your time for each?

Or are you asking which parks to choose to frequent in a short amount of time?

Those three are the only ones I'd consider. AK is fun, but most likely you've been before so I'd skip it.

If I had to drop another park, I'd drop MGM next. But that's 'cause I love the World Showcase at Epcot. :-D

Wherever you go:

Definitely utilize Fastpass but don't make it your priority to get them. In other words, don't spend your available time going from ride to ride collecting them to avoid standing in line. You'll end up being able to do a lot LESS that way. Don't be afraid to wait in line. There's distractions there for a reason. ;-)

Also take advantage of the rides, shows and shops you don't normally frequent. Use this mini and unexpected trip to maximize what you don't normally do. You mention you've been 8 times so I'm assuming you know the tried and true things to do. Do something out of the ordinary.

My husband and I used our last trip to Disney to take it easy and ride all the Fantasyland rides and visit Toontown. We totally goofed around and had a blast not having to worry about the next big thrill and therefore the next big line. We found that we were able to do MORE this way.

Enjoy your trip!!!! :captain:
            "But every night, when it gets dark
            and the stars come out,
            I'll look up on her behalf.
            I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

Comment

• jimmybop
              Oh DDDD-DEAR, Poor Piglet
              • Jun 2005

Originally posted by BigmacX
              Now that I remember something. Since this acommodations are given to me, and I have never stayed inside the resort, the question pops out of my mind. The park tickets are included (in the package) when you stay inside the resort?

I still have some details from this trip missing, like transportation from the Orlando Int'l Airport to the Wyndham R&S.
              Unless stated in the package, tickets are probably not included. (just wanted to point out that even though this hotel is ON the WDW Resort Property, it is not owned or operated by Disney, and the hotels on Hotel Blvd. share a bus service that brings you to the parks)

As for transportaion between MCO and your hotel, if its not provided in your package, there are several great town car services that can take you there, or if you are looking for a bit cheeper way to go, check out http://www.mearstransportation.com/ as they offer bus service to all area hotels for about $15 per person each way.

What about the Resort's Water Parks?
              As for the Water Parks Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon..... you can not go wrong either way! But it depeneds on what you are in the mood for. Blizzard Beach offers more thrilling/faster pased attractions with a bit less shade, while Typhoon Lagoon is a bit more relaxed and easy going with a bit more shade so it seems cooler (this also is the closest to your resort).

No matter what you choose to do, I'm sure you will have an awesome time
              Thank You for dropping by my post. I do hope you enjoyed your stay....

Comment

• aimster
                Waiting for my E-Ticket

• May 2005

Re: Going to WDW Resort 7-22-05 3 day quick visit. Tips?

Well, weather-wise, it'll probably be scorchin if temps like this weekend keep up. Just here in Clearwater today it got up to 93 with a heat index of 99. But you have to take the possible afternoon storms into account too. Sometimes you can set your watch to the rain.

My biggest tip is this...

HAVE FUN!!!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                Working...
                X