This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purchasing Airline Tickets

Our family (my wife and I, 16 year old son, 13 year old son and 10 year old daughter) is excited to be taking its first trip to Disneyworld this December. We've been to Disneyland several times but have never ventured to Florida. After doing quite a bit of research, we've booked seven nights at Port Orleans Riverside from December 15-21 and we're doing the Dining Plan. My question is this: When's a good time to book our airfare? I've been searching Travelocity, Kayak and individual airlines for a couple of months now and the best price I've found for a roundtrip ticket from Portland, Oregon is $444.00 per person. Not having flown to Orlando before I'm wondering if this is a good price. I know people don't have a crystal ball to know what the future holds, but from past experience are these fares likely to go down anytime soon? I don't want to wait too long and have the prices go up, but I'm just curious if people think prices might go down. Any help you can offer regarding the best time to bite the bullet and buy airline tickets would be much appreciated. Thanks for any suggestions you might have!

Re: Purchasing Airline Tickets

Not sure if it flies there, but have you tried Air Tran?

Comment

Orbitz -

$384 + $41 taxes & fees = $425 per person

Now, I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic!

Comment

Southwest is fairly reasonable. And if you keep checking the site after you book, you can find the price lower and rebook, and get a credit for a future flight.
        It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

You could always contact your friendly travel agent who will ensure your getting the best fare...

Comment

air tran has 404 per person return on the 21, if you return on the 22nd, 393.00 per person

Comment

sorry not air tran, southwest...and i forgot to add to check actual airlines themselves, i've always had better luck that way them messing around on travel sites, i'll go to orbitz to see who has flights, then go directly to that website.

Comment

I too would call the travel agent. They really can find you some awesome deals. We flew my FIL to Orland from Calgary (similar distance to Portland) in the Begining of Dec and we payed under $300 Canadian return with taxes. Nothing I found on the net compaired. You have nothing to loose, right?
                Last edited by samsma; 07-05-2007, 04:13 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

In '05 I waited till just after Labo Dayto purchase our airline tickets. They went down $50 a day or 2 after the holiday.

Comment

I second checking the airline sites themselves. Last March, we booked Delta for $117 round trip from Phoenix to Orlando directly on the Delta site.

Southwest has about the best change/cancellation policy, as was mentioned before, you can change things for free and get the credit toward a future flight.
                    :ap: I'd rather be at Disneyland!

Comment

I'm going in 2 weeks I booked my flight in February fo $597 round trip through Portland from southern Oregon. I recently checked the same flight and it now cost $862. So my experience was booking early was good. The price you quoted sounds comparable to what I paid so I would say it's a good price and you might want to jump on it.
                      Matthew

Comment

Try Frontier Air i just booked my flights last night for a family of 5 for september and was a little over $1200.00 for all...they have some great online deals now.

Comment

My boss travels a lot and I'm in charge of booking his flights and hotels. What I do is research airfares online, then call our travel agent and say, "I found this flight for $X, can you do any better?" Sometimes they can only get that same flight a few dollars cheaper but other times they can get them at least $20 cheaper. Every little bit you save helps!

Comment

I was just quoted this morning a price of $476/ticket on Alaska Airlines from Seattle to Orlando - this would be next May, but the prices aren't too far off.
                            "Fire at will, boys!"

"Which one's Will?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X