This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney management change...

Following up on the Editors Note: I'm told by a Disney official that a senior Disney executive is leaving this fall. Not sure what Al will be posting in his update (or Kevin for that matter), so names won't be named right now. But, according to this person, the board and a handful of other senior Disney management has been notified. The big question will be the size of the parachute. And, of course, who will replace him.

As always, rumors like this are just that: rumors. Industrious people can often find ways to save their own hide (just ask Barry Bonds).

Re: Disney management change...

Oh well, goodbye John Lasseter, we hardly knew ye.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Cliff View Post
      Yeah, if anybody is safe it's Lasseter. Probably more safe than even Iger right now.

IF this rumor is true, and IF I were to venture a guess, I'd say Jay Rasulo.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Cliff View Post
        hahahahahah bs

Hopefully its rasolu

Comment

Jay Rasulo?

With the annoucement of the end of the Year of a Million Dreams, maybe this is the case?
          It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

well it looks like iger is very slowly cleaning house I figured he would eventually. now the thing to do in my opinion is NOT replace him and demote AL weis as well as give the parks back to THEIR managment and if they can't deal with things find people who can.

Comment

No surprise if it's Rasulo at all ... heck, I'd be more surprised it it were Al Weiss, although he's also on the firing line.

Like I said in another thread, it would not have shocked me to see Rasulo resign 'to spend more time with his family' this holiday week ... but there are other holidays this year!

BTW, who's the Micechatter that told everyone they needed to be patient and that P&R would get its enema after the Studios and WDI got theirs? I wonder ...

Comment

Originally posted by WDW1974 View Post

BTW, who's the Micechatter that told everyone they needed to be patient and that P&R would get its enema after the Studios and WDI got theirs? I wonder ...
                I believe it was that crazy old coot Spirit of 74

Comment

Originally posted by WDW1974 View Post

And that's why we love you! :bow:

That, and your honest and frank look at WDW.
                  It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Yeah, Rasulo would be the obvious candidate. His big project for the division was the 'Disney Parks' branding with the 'Where dreams come true slogan' and the YOAMD celebration as the first generic (non-anniversary) division-wide marketing campaign. All of this has just been scrapped. This means someone has thrown everything he was trying to accomplish out the window and decided to take the division down a different path. I would be amazed if he is left at the top to oversee it all.

Whether the OP was referring to Rasulo or not, you'd have to say his job security isn't looking all the great right now.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X