Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

I would like to attend the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas party when I visit Disney World's Magic Kingdom in December. The price of the ticket for that party is in the neighborhood of $40. My quesstion is this.

Must I use a day's admission on my Magic Your Way ticket to get into Magic Kingdom for this event along with the $40+ admission into the event. Or can I take it easy during the day, doing other non park related activities, and then just present my party ticket for the event?

Thanks.

I'd like to know this ahead of time to help in my planning. I, will of course, ask that question when I call to make my room reservations.
    BarbaraAnn

Re: Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

Hello Barbaraann,
    You know all you had to do was ask me. You can do other non related park stuff and just purchase the MVMCP ticket for the night you want to go and that is all you need for the evening. You will not need to waste your day ticket for that it is a totally separate event.

(By the way sorry I haven't gotten back to your e-mails lately. Say hello to everyone from all of us.)
    Wishing I could be in WDW anytime I wanted!!!

Comment

Barbara Ann, you can actually get into the event around 4:30PM. Somethings are closed, and they are getting ready for the party, but with your wristband you can walk around and ride the rides while other people are leaving.

When we went to the Pirate party at WDW, we got in early and was able to watch the regular fireworks (they had them at 6PM) and the special fireworks as well. It was diffintly worth the ticket price.

Comment

Originally posted by disneylover 01 View Post
        Hello Barbaraann,
        You know all you had to do was ask me. You can do other non related park stuff and just purchase the MVMCP ticket for the night you want to go and that is all you need for the evening. You will not need to waste your day ticket for that it is a totally separate event.

(By the way sorry I haven't gotten back to your e-mails lately. Say hello to everyone from all of us.)
        You are a hard one to reach. I still haven't sprung this idea on my husband.....but I am so doing this.

I am thinking of leaving the day after my husband's birthday, and staying for 6 nights. I can finally use my 4 days of parkhoppers that I have been saving.

Wanna Come along? December the 4th to the 10th. I'm looking at POP or a moderate. Splitting the cost would be great.

Have fun on your trip, and call a girl once in a while.

Thanks for the help. I was so hoping that I wouldn't have to use a day on my ticket to go to that party. The $40+ price is steep, but I am sure it is well worth it.
        BarbaraAnn

Comment

It is worth the price....it seems that everything is more magical after dark and watching the Christmas parade in the dark is so amazing!

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by tayakaleb View Post
            It is worth the price....it seems that everything is more magical after dark and watching the Christmas parade in the dark is so amazing!
            I agree!! I've been to MVMCP several times and I love it. If you pick a week night, it's not as crowded and it's so much fun. The locals don't seem to like it, but I'm from California and I love paying the extra for it. Being that they limit the crowds gives you time to enjoy the shows and the parade, and the fireworks are the best ones I've ever seen! the grand finale completly surrounds the park.

Comment

I kinda like spending the day at the park prior to the event, if you book early enough you can have an early dinner in the park and trade your ticket's at guest services for your wristbands which will allow you to stay in the park and ride the rides for the hour or so that they spend preparing for the event. Key is make the priority seating arrangements early and away from main street so you can beat the rush in the back areas and work your way around to the front.
              Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

So, now I have another question. Are the restaurants at the Magic Kingdom open during the party? Arriving early at 4:30 p.m., means that some time during the evening, hunger will set in. What have some of you done about meals, while attending the Christmas Party?
                BarbaraAnn

Comment

not sure which places are open but they have free hot cocoa and cookies
                  we ate before we arrived at the park...but we didn't come unilt 6pm. i think that a few places are open just not sure which ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
                    So, now I have another question. Are the restaurants at the Magic Kingdom open during the party? Arriving early at 4:30 p.m., means that some time during the evening, hunger will set in. What have some of you done about meals, while attending the Christmas Party?
                    My experience from other after hours events is all the major food areas including Table service are open. IF you want to sit down call the priority Seating number NOW and book as soon as possible, they can tell you which restaurants are open and if they have special menus or normal fare. These nights fill up faster than normal nights.

Comment

Only some of the restaurants are opened. Not all of them, please refer to the party guidemap for additional info on which restaurants are operating. Likewise, not all rides are opened as well.

Comment

I don't think the guide maps are printed as of yet... but the PS team should have the info for the sit down meals by now.

Comment

When I have gone to MVMCP I usually have dinner before going at a nearby MK resort hotel or just a light dinner at Casey's Corner (hot dogs fries and coke can't get more all American than that ) waiting for the parade. The only sit down restaurant that was crowded was Liberty Tree Tavern and they were still taking people last year when I went. If you want to take full advantage of all the shows and parades at a un-rushed pace and just enjoy the park atmosphere there is not a lot of time to squeeze in rides and dinner. I do get in some rides and none of them ever have a wait. Then again I never arrived there before the event start time of 7PM though I knew I could get in about 4 when most day guests are leaving.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

Comment

Barbaraann, The Liberty Tree Tavern changes up their normal menu for this event and it is pretty cool to start off the party with some characters and old-fashioned comfort food
                            wishesjake and SleepingBeauty867
                            sigpic

Comment

i know last year some of the quick serve places were not serving the regular menu b/c they were handing out the cookies and hot cocoa.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X