This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Eggz
    I really think anyone who looks down on some of the less glamerous jobs at WDW is missing the point. I washed dishes and took out trash and served fast food, but I leared so much about Guest Service and what people want from Disney, and appreciate about Disney, and expect from Disney. I moved on to other jobs at Disney, but that experience stayed with me, and I still draw from it all the time.
    I think that you bring up a good point, especially for anyone who might wish to pursue a career in the hospitality industry.

Still, if you earning a degree in Chemical Engineering, you might be better served with an internship at Dow Chemical than WDW.

Comment

Originally posted by WDWFan75
      As a former CP myself, I heartily recommend the program to anyone.
      Wow! Thank you so much to all of the CP alumni for all of your support. I will let you know how I do. I am still awaiting a response. I don't think I will get one until spring break (next week) or after that since I went to character auditions. I don't exactly want to talk about how they went, but I will let you know later- trust me. I just want to take some time to really think it through so that I don't come across sounding bad.

I am just really curious about where I will get placed. From your interviews, where did you say you would most like to work and is that where you worked? I said MK and MGM. Thanks for the advice about food service. I didn't check that on my application, but they could still put me there technically. I totally understand that it is for the experience, not what you are doing. My aunt kept saying that to me a couple of weeks ago when we went to a play and I talked her into what you all said and she flipped her thoughts around.

My mom will be very happy to hear about the roommate issue. I must say I had one of the worst roommates ever at the start of my year here. So now I got moved into a room with another girl (but we have separt rooms connected by a bathroom). I personally don't mind other people.. as long as they are nice and willing to be friends. I bet in this situation you will almost have to be!

I am also happy to hear about how you did not party. I have hear stories about how much Vista Way is also party central. I like to have a good time yes, but I guess I'm more like you and would rather play at the parks, talk to new people, meet people in the company, etc. I'm glad to hear that is something I can do.

That's all I have for now. I might have more later once I get notification. Wish me luck!!

Comment

Originally posted by BigPigletFan
        I am just really curious about where I will get placed. From your interviews, where did you say you would most like to work and is that where you worked?
        In my initial interview, I picked Operations as my first choice, then Lifeguarding, and then Merchandise. I ended up in Merchandise.
        "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

Comment

I put down..Attractions, Custodial and then Foods. I got foods. But one year later I was back as a summer CT (Casual temporary Cast member) in attractions.

Comment

I asked for Operations (but I specified Attractions) as my first choice, Custodial as my second, and... You know, I actually don't remember anymore from there. But, obviously, I got Custodial. I ended up at the Studios, which is by far the best park to do Custodial in, and in the best area of the park (and I've worked all of them). I happened to get really lucky, so my experience may be skewed toward the positive. I also never attended a party, but I didn't go to the Disney networking events, either, nor did I take classes. I made "connections" purely through on-the-job performance and natural interaction (still the best way, IMHO -- at least for my personality, so YMMV) and I spent time playing in the parks with my equally Disney-loving friends and roommates. I learned more about business and life in those 7 months pulling trash and cleaning restrooms than I have in 3 years of college so far.

Comment

Originally posted by WDWFan75
              I spent time playing in the parks with my equally Disney-loving friends and roommates. I learned more about business and life in those 7 months pulling trash and cleaning restrooms than I have in 3 years of college so far.
              So it sounds like you didn't get your first choice. That's why I put operations first and merchandise second. I'm a Disney Store CM... where do you THINK they will put me! I did ask for a pin location if possible though, so that's a plus. I'm glad to hear you had a bunch of fun roommates. I plan to do exactly was you did-- learn about business from the program. I have learned so much from my store alone, I can't even begin to ponder the parks! Where do you go to school WDWFan75 and what do you plan to major in/do? Is it Disney related?

Comment

Well, I started out as a business major, but by the time I came back from the College Program (actually, even before I left), I knew I had to get out of that. I'm now majoring in Professional Development, which sounds fancy, but really means "whatever I feel like taking." So I'm diversifying, in business buzzword terms. I have some wonderful Disney people on my side -- managers, of course -- when I finish school and want to go into management (or whatever opportunity arises ). I went to a small school in Texas (now I'm in their distance program instead of on campus) -- so small, in fact, that I had to drive 90 minutes to get to the interview, which I did at Baylor University in Waco.

Comment

I made it in! - See you in FL in the Fall.

Originally posted by BigPigletFan
                  Hey everyone! I'm a little freshman up here in Minnesota and I just applied for the Disney College Program yesterday for next fall. I have talked to some alumni of the program; however, I wanted to get some of your thoughts, ideas, and advice from anyone who has anything to offer me. Also, any tips for the interview? Thanks so much!!
                  I just got my letter yesterday. I wanted to let you know that I was accepted in the role of Operations. This suprised me that I wasn't placed in merchandise as most Disney Store Cast Memebers are. I will won't get any other details until I get there. I haven't picked my specific dates, but I will be there this fall, Aug-early Jan. I hope to meet a lot of MiceChatters. Thank you to all of the alumni for your support and advice. You are all amazing!!

Also, if anyone is currently going through the application process for this upcoming fall, please let me know! I'd love to meet you and possibly house with you. Just PM me.

UPDATE: I will be there Aug 17th - Jan 3rd.
                  Last edited by BigPigletFan; 03-24-2005, 10:33 AM. Reason: Dates

Comment

Hi all,

I'm going on the CP as well -- I got the role of Vacation Planner. And yes, believe it or not I actually wanted that role. I like helping people plan vacations and doing everything possible to have them enjoy themselves. I'm leaving the last days of May to Disney for the Fall Advantage session. I'm from Texas by the way. Anyone else here going on the Fall Advantage for '05?

Comment

Congratulations to all those who will be CP's!

It'll be great to have some new talent here in Orlando, and look forward to meeting you all at some point. If you're not used to two seasons (one hot, and the other hotter), brace for impact now!

But, there's never a lack of things to do here!

:-)

Ric
                      Director, Concierge Services
                      HOLLYWOOD TOWER HOTEL
                      established 1939

and featuring
                      TIP TOP CLUB

on the top floor

Comment

Originally posted by RichardRiga
                        Congratulations to all those who will be CP's!

It'll be great to have some new talent here in Orlando, and look forward to meeting you all at some point. If you're not used to two seasons (one hot, and the other hotter), brace for impact now!

But, there's never a lack of things to do here!

:-)

So I hear! I am looking forward to this fall and I hope to see a lot of MiceChatters while I am there.

Comment

And all of you who are coming down had better come and see me -- I got the AI for Disney Learning Centers, so I'll be in one of those locations starting June 15th. I have also have two friends who'll be down doing management internships, one in rooms and related at Coronado Springs, and another in merchandise at Downtown Disney.

Comment

Originally posted by Kate
                            And all of you who are coming down had better come and see me -- I got the AI for Disney Learning Centers, so I'll be in one of those locations starting June 15th. I have also have two friends who'll be down doing management internships, one in rooms and related at Coronado Springs, and another in merchandise at Downtown Disney.
                            Congrats! Did you just find out about your AI today? I have a friend that is still waiting to hear news on his. I will must have to meet up with you sometime then Kate.

Comment

I found out earlier this week, but I've been busy with finals and getting ready for graduation tonight.

(They're actually giving me a degree and letting me leave! Suckers.)

Comment

So, are you newbies going to be housed at Vista Way?

If so, I hope you get a top floor apartment - they have cathedral ceilings and enormous windows!
                                [email protected]

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X