This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hotels near resort

For my trip to WDW, my girlfriend and I are arriving a night before our reservation begins so that we can have a majority of the next day for fun, as we are doing an early check in. I'm wondering if anyone knows a good place near the airport or resort that is a good deal for a quick night stay. I was thinking about cabbing it to a place near the airport then taking magical express from the airport the next morning. I'm trying not to have to take a cab all the way to the resort. My last question is would it be smarter just stay at a hotel on resort property that night so that were already on property the next morning. Are the non disney hotels near DTD priced well? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks Everyone

Re: hotels near resort

You are always better off being on property if you can swing it so I'd suggest trying to squeeze a night in at one of the WDW value resorts. With that said if you are interested in staying off property, I would recommend just checking out the various services online such as Expedia, Hotwire or Hotels.com where you can not only get hotel info but also see feedback from others who have actually stayed there.
    Also, lots of unofficial Disney Info sites have associations with services or hotels that offer deals and discounts such as this one here: http://www.allears.net/acc/faq_hot.htm#disc
    Best of luck and have fun !!!

Comment

If you can find a good deal, try to get one of the hotels on Hotel Plaza Blvd by DTD. There's a few other hotels within a mile of DTD you can look into as well.

http://www.hotels.com/processSearch....-1&COYear=2007

This might be of some help.

Comment

We just stayed at a Courtyard by Marriott in the Marriott Village, which is about 2 miles from DTD. We got it for a great price and it was nice. Good luck.

Comment

The Marriot on Palm Parkway is a very nice place. The price isn't bad either. It is located less than 1/4 of a mile away from the Hotel Plaza Boulevard entrance.
          sigpic

Originally posted by Phonedave
          Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Comment

what about sleeping outside somewhere.. that might be romantic.

Comment

Ask Mr. David if you can borrow one of his many tents I'm sure he has... I knew I should have asked you first! Or we could avoid the mosquitos and stay at Pop Century you silly sneaker. It's about the same as what's available around the airport.

Thanks for tips guys!

Comment

There really is no need to stay off property...
                Disney has just reduced room rates by nearly 40% (select nights)
                Stay @ WDW!!!
                Paging Mr. Morrow. Mr. Tom Morrow. Your party from Saturn has arrived! Please give them a ring.

Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas!

Comment

Why not just stay at an inexpensive property at Disney? Pop Century, etc. Then you don't have to waste all that time going back and front to other hotels and cab fare and such.
                  Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
                  I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
                  on Bay Lake.

Comment

there is a hotel in the orlando airport but i don't think it's cheap

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by tayakaleb View Post
                      there is a hotel in the orlando airport but i don't think it's cheap
                      There are a number of resorts right off the airport, but I'd just get the Magical Express and stay at a value (Pop or Music) for the night.
                      Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
                      I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
                      on Bay Lake.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X