Announcement

Collapse

POLL: Help decide the future of the forums

Please go to the following link and provide your opinion on how we should proceed in regards to the forum software. https://discuss.micechat.com/forum/d...um-s-next-step
See more
See less

Cinderella's Cracking Up

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cinderella's Cracking Up

    It seems that Cinderella needs to call in the builders........



    Quite the crack developing.
    48 Favourites From WDW [Photos]




  • #2
    Re: Cinderella's Cracking Up

    Originally posted by EPCOT View Post
    It seems that Cinderella needs to call in the builders........



    Quite the crack developing.
    That's pretty massive - I hope they take care of that soon..

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Cinderella's Cracking Up

      That's a bummer! Hopefully someone fills that unsightly crack soon.

      Edit: Oh my! What did I just say? :blush:

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Cinderella's Cracking Up

        Which area is this on? Like the front when you walk in, or the back? or a side?

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Cinderella's Cracking Up

          Do buildings 36 years old usually develop cracks like this?
          BACKPACKING REALNESS

          DISNEY TRIPS
          October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
          October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
          April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
          October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
          October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
          October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
          October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
          December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
          July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
          July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
          July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
          February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
          February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

          (VERY OLD!)
          TRIP REPORTS

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Cinderella's Cracking Up

            Originally posted by WDWGirl View Post
            Which area is this on? Like the front when you walk in, or the back? or a side?

            It's on the Fantasyland side to the right of the archways.
            48 Favourites From WDW [Photos]



            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Cinderella's Cracking Up

              Originally posted by EPCOT View Post
              It's on the Fantasyland side to the right of the archways.
              OK - so it's not at least on the front where everyone would see it, so that's good - but this is still pretty major! I'm surprised someone hasn't already looked into this - it doesn't seem very new - usually a crack that large can't appear overnight, correct?

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Cinderella's Cracking Up

                Originally posted by WDWGirl View Post
                - it doesn't seem very new - usually a crack that large can't appear overnight, correct?
                I took the photograph about a week ago- out of surprise that I hadn't spotted anything about it online.
                48 Favourites From WDW [Photos]



                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Cinderella's Cracking Up

                  Originally posted by Speedway View Post
                  Do buildings 36 years old usually develop cracks like this?
                  Concrete cracks. I doubt the wall does much more than hold itself up. I don't know much, but I doubt its of much consequence, structurally.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Cinderella's Cracking Up

                    Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
                    Concrete cracks. I doubt the wall does much more than hold itself up. I don't know much, but I doubt its of much consequence, structurally.

                    Isn't it fibreglass?

                    I agree- structurally it shouldn't be a problem.

                    But visually..........
                    48 Favourites From WDW [Photos]



                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Cinderella's Cracking Up

                      Originally posted by EPCOT View Post
                      Isn't it fibreglass?

                      I agree- structurally it shouldn't be a problem.

                      But visually..........
                      I'm pretty sure the "stones" near the ground are concrete to give them that stone texture.

                      Visually, it is a very big problem.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Cinderella's Cracking Up

                        That is a much larger version of the picture. Zoomed in I suppose so it isn't THAT obvious to guests. Or else, it probably would have been taken care of.

                        Of course, the brick facade is... just a facade. It has no structural significance.
                        sigpic


                        Originally posted by Phonedave
                        Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Cinderella's Cracking Up

                          Originally posted by WDW Monorail View Post
                          That is a much larger version of the picture. Zoomed in I suppose so it isn't THAT obvious to guests. Or else, it probably would have been taken care of.

                          Of course, the brick facade is... just a facade. It has no structural significance.
                          Uncropped image............it's pretty severe. Caught my eye from a distance anyway.......

                          48 Favourites From WDW [Photos]



                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Cinderella's Cracking Up

                            Well, it does seem to be more obvious than it appeared to be. WHat you have to remember is that the facade is 36 years old. It will crack eventually. They shall get around to it. Hopefully soon.

                            You should see the things that Disney files permits for. The most rediclous stuff in my opinion, mostly backstage. I'm sure that they'll get to it once they finish tinkering with the roof of the monorail building.
                            :croll:
                            sigpic


                            Originally posted by Phonedave
                            Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Cinderella's Cracking Up

                              ORDDU: In the state of Florida, cracks in buildings like this usually mean a sink hole is opening up underneath the structure. Of course, in this case, the castle isn't even built on solid ground--it's built on the second level of a tunnel. Unless the tunnel, below, is in danger of a sink hole, my sisters and I aren't certain what would have caused this. Of course Cinderella's castle HAS taken a lot of abuse over the years--from all the unncessary decorations and pepto-Bismol paint jobs certain unwise Management types have subjected it to.

                              ORGOCH: See what comes from buildin' yer castles too dang big? Cindersmelly should a known better! Ya don't see Snoozin' Floozie's Castle crackin' up like that, now does ya? From what I hears, the castle in Tokyo's got cracks just like that, too!

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X