This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rats! They cloned it again ...

A little rat, who loves French cuisine, has alerted me to the STRONG possibility ... likelihood might be a better term of a new attraction similar in many ways to the new Crush Coaster in DSP, but with a very different theme, making its way to both DCA and the Disney-MGM Studios in the near future.

Chew on that!

Re: Rats! They cloned it again ...

Well if it's the "Crush Coaster" ride system but with a different theme... Wouldn't that make it like a comparison between Indiana Jones and Dinosaur?

I don't see much of a problem with that, except maybe the extremely low capacity problems.

Comment

A Ratatoullie ride already WTF! IMO this isnt the kind of movie that a ride should be based on. What ever happened to originality.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge..."
      -Albert Einstein
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Diznyfan View Post
        A Ratatoullie ride already WTF! IMO this isnt the kind of movie that a ride should be based on. What ever happened to originality.
        It is a great movie. What type of movie should a ride be based on? (just curious)
        Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
        I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
        on Bay Lake.

Comment

Originally posted by nbodyhome View Post
          It is a great movie. What type of movie should a ride be based on? (just curious)
          IMO all rides do NOT need to be based on a movie. It is getting a bit old riding through cartoonland on every newly opened ride.

Comment

Boy is my georgraphy off. Here I was thinking that California and France were thousands of miles apart...

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
              IMO all rides do NOT need to be based on a movie. It is getting a bit old riding through cartoonland on every newly opened ride.
              Disney has often based rides and attractions on films. I am not saying they should or shouldn't do it, I don't mind though - if it's a good attraction. I wasn't thrilled with the Pirates of the Caribbean having the movie added to it, but it turned out okay.
              Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
              I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
              on Bay Lake.

Comment

I just don't see where this could go. I can see the EAC and riding in Crush, but how will it work with this, unless you're riding through the French sewers? Doesn't sound too appealing to me.
                It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

i'm curious about that too.
                  Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Comment

Originally posted by nbodyhome View Post
                    Disney has often based rides and attractions on films. I am not saying they should or shouldn't do it, I don't mind though - if it's a good attraction. I wasn't thrilled with the Pirates of the Caribbean having the movie added to it, but it turned out okay.
                    yes, they have always done that, but the rides were in fantasyland, not in every land of the park. The jack character being placed in POTC didn't not bother me at all. I love the NBC layover, but it seems more and more new rides are based on cartoons.

Comment

Any attraction, be it movie-based, original, or whatever, has the potential for greatness. It just takes good storytelling to ensure it's success.
                      Last edited by DoppelV; 07-28-2007, 09:25 PM.
                      In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

Comment

Originally posted by goofgeek View Post

I don't see much of a problem with that, except maybe the extremely low capacity problems.
                        MGM has 5 rides (6 once TSM! opens) and with that few rides the last thing MGM needs is a ride with low capacity. The lines at WDW are already horendous enough as it is.

Comment

yo host i counted 6 whats yours?
                          Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Comment

dca already has a mousewheel coaster. animal kingdom has one too.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
                              I just don't see where this could go. I can see the EAC and riding in Crush, but how will it work with this, unless you're riding through the French sewers? Doesn't sound too appealing to me.
                              The chase through the kitchen when Remy ends up on the dinner cart is what comes to mind.
                              So full of Disney Magic, my eyes are blue.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X