Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

august 28th to sept 6th good time to go?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• august 28th to sept 6th good time to go?

Just wondering if I will run into to much crowds? Last year we went two weeks laterand it was great. Thanks for any info in advance! AUG 28th-SEPT 6th

Im bored, lets go to Disneyland.

Re: august 28th to sept 6th good time to go?

Originally posted by Goofster View Post
    Just wondering if I will run into to much crowds? Last year we went two weeks laterand it was great. Thanks for any info in advance! AUG 28th-SEPT 6th
    I personally always go the last week in August due to my work schedule, and I find it find. There are crowds, but it is easily manageable and nothing to concern yourself about. Enjoy your time! I'll be there the 25-Sept 1 too! You'll enjoy it!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Finnally a thread from my neck of the woods, I often visit the last week of August and like yoyo said there will be some crowds but increditably manageable, have fun.
      Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Comment

That is one of the slower times of the year - but with the free dine plan that was offered, the restaurants will be more crowded (and more booked ahead of time).
        Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
        I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
        on Bay Lake.

Comment

no matter when you go, book ahead of time these days
          Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Comment

I have the free dining plan and were staying at port orleans riverside which I have never stayed at. Water view so well see.

Im bored, lets go to Disneyland.

Comment

I haven't checked the DL website calendar, but just bear in mind that early closures are likely to go into effect that week (we were there same time last year, and on weekdays I believe DCA closed at 6pm, and DL at 9...although they still had fireworks at 8:45pm).

As far as crowds go...not exactly like a rainy day in mid-January, but still much more manageable.

--Barry
              God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

How is it around september 12th?

Comment

Originally posted by Gutted View Post
                  How is it around september 12th?
                  Mid August through all of September tends to be slow. There may be a little blip around Labor Day for the long weekend, I don't tend to go on weekends much.

The free dining promotion filled the restaurants (many of them) pretty well. So I'd expect busy restaurants, not-so-busy everything else. This is back-to-school for kids, so that keeps attendance lower. I have 11 nights in September on free dining also. (and I live only 40 miles from the parks!)
                  Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

Originally posted by Goofster View Post
                    I have the free dining plan and were staying at port orleans riverside which I have never stayed at. Water view so well see.
                    I stayed at Riverside in May and liked it a lot. I'm staying at French Quarter when I go next month.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't hurricanes be a problem....? :unsure:

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
                        Technically, yes since it is hurricane season, but I've been going the last week in August for about 10 years and have never had a problem.
                        It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Hurricane season is for 5 months. Even when we actually had our big hurricane year a few years back, the parks were effected only a couple of days or so total to any great degree.

We do have tropical weather - rain, occasionally tornadoes, etc. Any of that can happen during any month.
                          Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

It's hurricane season until the end of November, but hurricanes in central Florida are very very rare. Hurricane Charley a few years ago was a total fluke. But it still pays to be cautious and keep track of the weather if there's a hurricane brewing in the Atlantic or Gulf.

The National Hurricane Center's website:

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

Comment

Yes, is it hurricane season, but it usually isn't that bad around this time of the year besides the rain each day. :cwink:

One thing to keep in mind is that Disney again is offering the free dining package during this time so that should make things a bit busier than normal, especially in sept and when it comes to dining and making dining reservations.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X