• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill
    Theme Park Guru

• Jan 2005

Illuminations: Reflections of Earth's Earth Globe to FINALLY go Under Rehab

It seems that the earth globe in Illuminations: Reflections of Earth will finally go under rehab. It was supposed to go under rehab long ago, but it was pushed back indefinitely. Until now. It seems that Jim McPhee wants the rehab done well before October.

The globe should be out of service sometime beginning in August. No word on how long.

A replacement RoE show was created that cuts out the middle section of the show, and incorporates the inferno barge burn-off into the finale of the show.

I really have nothing further to add, because that's all I know. If anyone knows more, please, enlighten us! I'll do the same if I find out more information.

Cheers! And remember to shop at your favorite company, Buy n Large! (Link is in my signature!)
    -Bill
  • EPCOT
    One big touch screen.....
    • Jul 2007

Re: Illuminations: Reflections of Earth's Earth Globe to FINALLY go Under Rehab

Originally posted by Bill View Post

Cheers! And remember to shop at your favorite company, Buy n Large! (Link is in my signature!)
    REALLY looking forward to this movie! If it's half as good as Stanton's last..........

Good news Re. the globe- the variation in brightness levels was really noticable.
    48 Favourites From WDW [Photos]

Comment

• Bill
      Theme Park Guru

• Jan 2005

Yeah, I hope they replace it with LCDs. lol
      -Bill

Comment

• WDW Monorail
        May the F=ma be with you
        • Oct 2006

It was originally scheduled to go down in January-February. Then it got oushed back to March...and then May...and then it fell off radar. From what I heard, it was delayed because the video system wasn't ready.

August 6th seems to be the day now.

For your information, we are going HD!
        sigpic

Originally posted by Phonedave
        Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Comment

• btwnguy_22
          Were you there?
          • Aug 2005

The rehab should take about a month

BT
          Last edited by btwnguy_22; 08-01-2007, 06:52 AM.
          22 is NOT my age (unfortunately)...

Comment

• TDLFAN
            Banned User
            • Feb 2005

Personally, I believe this show needs to go (with the globe) permanently and a brand new show needs to be premiered for the supposedly 25th anniversary non-celebration, with newer fountains, effects, music and surprises..

Comment

• naumoney
              Beware of Mutant Mickey!
              • Nov 2006

What if people like this version of the show better? Then what?
              It already sounds cooler since it has the burnoff in the show.

Best hold on to Your Hats and Glasses, 'cause this heres the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness!

Comment

• TDLFAN
                Banned User
                • Feb 2005

Well... if you like your Disney entertainment to be the same for years upon years upon years...like the case is with the MK parade... then more power to you. But I for one am for Disney's making my experience at the parks more interesting and varied.

Comment

• kirbilicious
                  MiceChatter
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                  Well... if you like your Disney entertainment to be the same for years upon years upon years...like the case is with the MK parade... then more power to you. But I for one am for Disney's making my experience at the parks more interesting and varied.
                  I think he was referring to the temporary show without the globe rather than making an argument against getting a new show.

Comment

• EPCOT1982
                    "There's always my way"
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                    Personally, I believe this show needs to go (with the globe) permanently and a brand new show needs to be premiered for the supposedly 25th anniversary non-celebration, with newer fountains, effects, music and surprises..
                    You can't get rid of the globe. For me it is part of the park as is SSE. Unlike the MK parade, this show has received many upgrades over the years. The globe has also changed as well from the 80s. To me, Epcot still has the best fireworks display of all the WDW parks.

"Since the dawn of recorded time, communication has revolutionized our lives and changed our world. We now have the ability and the responsability to build new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us. To create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth." - Jeremy Irons (Spaceship Earth)

Comment

• EPCOT
                      One big touch screen.....
                      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by EPCOT1982 View Post
                      To me, Epcot still has the best fireworks display of all the WDW parks.

Easily.

In terms of it's scope, it's message, it's atmosphere, and the way in which those things interact so well with it's setting, Reflections of Earth can't be beaten. *

But TDLFAN's fountain & effects upgrades would be very welcome............

* from those I've seen (before TDLFAN tells me to go to TDS)! )
                      48 Favourites From WDW [Photos]

Comment

• evanescence4ever
                        KING OF CABMF'S
                        • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                        The globe should be out of service sometime beginning in August. No word on how long.
                        Ooh! thats excellent! im going to WDW on August 14th! im gonna get a video of it )
                        ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
                        1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
                        2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
                        3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
                        4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
                        5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
                        6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
                        7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
                        8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
                        9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
                        AND FINALLY...
                        10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
                        [:

Comment

• Bill
                          Theme Park Guru

• Jan 2005

Yeah, keep your eye out for me, I'll be around.
                          -Bill

Comment

• BigPigletFan
                            I was deleted.
                            • Dec 2008

August 14th? I'll be there on the 17th.

Any idea WHEN it will go out Bill??

Comment

• WDW Monorail
                              May the F=ma be with you
                              • Oct 2006

From what I heard, it will go down the 6th of August. I'm sure that Bill is more informed than I but I'm confident that I'm correct.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Bill
                                Theme Park Guru

• Jan 2005

Looks like Aug 6th as WDW Monorail has stated.
                                -Bill

Comment

• evanescence4ever
                                  KING OF CABMF'S
                                  • Jun 2006

Originally posted by BigPigletFan View Post
                                  August 14th? I'll be there on the 17th.
                                  Oh, im going to be there until the 18th
                                  how funny )
                                  ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
                                  1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
                                  2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
                                  3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
                                  4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
                                  5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
                                  6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
                                  7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
                                  8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
                                  9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
                                  AND FINALLY...
                                  10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
                                  [:

Comment

• Bill
                                    Theme Park Guru

• Jan 2005

I'll be there too! Wonderful! lol
                                    -Bill

Comment

• WDW Monorail
                                      May the F=ma be with you
                                      • Oct 2006

I had a sliver of hope that I would be there on the 6th to see Endeavour's launch but that sliver has been extinguished almost completely.
                                      sigpic

Comment

• WDW1974
                                        • Apr 2005

As much as I love RoE ... and I do (it still wows me after probably 200-plus viewings), I still think it is time to move on to a new show.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X