Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick Update from WDW

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Quick Update from WDW

    Went to WDW today... some things I noticed:

    -MK was not too clean today nor too busy with guests.
    -The Mickey hand glove on the wand at EPCOT has been taken down, but the stars at the top of Spaceship Earth mysteriously still remain up there.
    -New MK logo stuff at the Emporium (or at least I had not seen that design before)
    -The Fantasia Shop at the Contemporary's Grand Canyon Concourse has been replaced with a Game Room, and cheap looking racks of merchandise now litter the open spaces in that area. (Thumbs down on whoever came up with that idea.) However, the Pin Trading kiosk has been taken down (thumbs up on that one).
    -The Cinderella Castle shoppe is now closed, as it's being renovated and turned into the 2nd Bibiddi-Bobbidi Boutique. Yuk! Bad Idea.
    -Many stones in the never-to-be-completed Walk Around the World walkway portion between the MK and the Contemporary have faded away so badly, you can hardly read the names printed on them. I never realize how bad the quality of these stones are. Yet, my stone next to Michael Eisner's at the front of the park remain in pretty decent shape.

    No photos with this update.

  • #2
    Re: Quick Update from WDW

    the contemporary stuff is all over the place.. as they jockey stuff around between the 4th floor and other locations. resturants are changing, etc

    The Arcade has been open there since April. fantasia will be back in a more permanent location, another resturant is supposed to go in the steakhouses old location as well another where the food/fun thing was

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Quick Update from WDW

      Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
      -The Fantasia Shop at the Contemporary's Grand Canyon Concourse has been replaced with a Game Room, and cheap looking racks of merchandise now litter the open spaces in that area. (Thumbs down on whoever came up with that idea.) However, the Pin Trading kiosk has been taken down (thumbs up on that one).
      They did this once before when they renovated BVG I believe, or just added extra for one of the 18-20 month long never ending promotions. I thought it looked horribly tacky then, and I still think so. However, I have read rumors that past the game room is where the new Fantasia is going, so hopefully all this will be cleared when that opens. At least, we can pray it does.
      It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!









      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Quick Update from WDW

        Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
        -The Cinderella Castle shoppe is now closed, as it's being renovated and turned into the 2nd Bibiddi-Bobbidi Boutique. Yuk! Bad Idea.


        That's disgusting! Ugh, don't we have enough "Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique" in DD?
        WESLEY ADAMS
        Yacht Club: August 17-23, 2006
        Beach Club: August 16-26, 2005

        "Paulette, Will you help me put my hair back on? Ladies and Gentlemen Thank you for coming to LEGALLY BALD!"--- Laura Bell Bundy after her wig falls off during Legally Blonde

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Quick Update from WDW

          Originally posted by WDW Wishes View Post


          That's disgusting!
          That it is.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Quick Update from WDW

            Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
            Went to WDW today...I never realize how bad the quality of these stones are. Yet, my stone next to Michael Eisner's at the front of the park remain in pretty decent shape.

            No photos with this update.
            i can see you went inside a lot ? Is this due to the Thunderstorm and the Rain till late afternoon ?

            Thanks for the Update TDLFAN .
            HKDL : Done !!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Quick Update from WDW

              Actually, I got back to my car as the rain started to come down...so I missed the rain. Sadly, I didn't miss not seeing the darn parade at 3pm.

              Originally posted by WDW Wishes
              That's disgusting!
              Yup..

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Quick Update from WDW

                Nice update TDLFAN. Thanks for you info.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Quick Update from WDW

                  Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
                  They did this once before when they renovated BVG I believe, or just added extra for one of the 18-20 month long never ending promotions. I thought it looked horribly tacky then, and I still think so. However, I have read rumors that past the game room is where the new Fantasia is going, so hopefully all this will be cleared when that opens. At least, we can pray it does.
                  Eh, not quite. A new eatery is going in down there. After they move the Food & Fun Quick Service upstairs to where the Concourse Steakhouse currently is.
                  -Bill

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Quick Update from WDW

                    Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                    No photos with this update.
                    BOO! We want photos!!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Quick Update from WDW

                      Originally posted by mikeland View Post
                      BOO! We want photos!!!
                      There will be new ones from TDR next week.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Quick Update from WDW

                        Originally posted by WDW Wishes View Post


                        That's disgusting! Ugh, don't we have enough "Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique" in DD?
                        Why disgusting? You may not have little girls, so it might not appeal to you, but what better place to have girls transform into princesses than in cinderella's castle?

                        I know we already had this discussion back when the Cindy's BBB was announced, but I had to respond to that comment.

                        PS eta I am so glad that hand is finally gone... now the scale is finally restored! Off to find some pics... I just hope they don't leave the stars.
                        Last edited by Nom; 08-02-2007, 08:04 AM. Reason: to add the PS

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Quick Update from WDW

                          -The Mickey hand glove on the wand at EPCOT has been taken down, but the stars at the top of Spaceship Earth mysteriously still remain up there.
                          It only makes sense that the stars will probably be the last thing to go after the wand structure is completely removed.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Quick Update from WDW

                            Relax the stars are the last things to go.

                            They have to repel down SSE to remove them, so its a completely different type of work/workers needed for that portion of the project.

                            BT
                            22 is NOT my age (unfortunately)...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Quick Update from WDW

                              Originally posted by btwnguy_22 View Post
                              Relax the stars are the last things to go.

                              They have to repel down SSE to remove them, so its a completely different type of work/workers needed for that portion of the project.

                              BT

                              Why would they rappel down SSE? Just pick them with the crane, it's a lot easier, and a lot less rigging.

                              You would have to tie everyone and eveything off to hard points on the SSE if you went the rappel route.

                              -dave
                              "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
                              "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X