This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Year of a Million Dreams extended though December 31, 2008

According to the Mickey Monitor, a Passholder newsletter, the Year of a Million Dreams has now officially been extended through December 31st, 2008. Now I know I've been saying for a while now that it was extended, but now it's "official."

Hopefully it's your "Dream Come True."
    -Bill

Re: Year of a Million Dreams extended though December 31, 2008

I don't understand why they are extending it. Why not "the year we didn't have a celebration"?

Of course, Epcots 25th deserves something (and I see they are making pins and such up for it).
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

Comment

Originally posted by nbodyhome View Post
      "the year we didn't have a celebration"?
      I like it.
      48 Favourites From WDW [Photos]

Comment

Oh, don't worry, Epcot's 25th is getting more then pins.

A part of the 2.3 Years of 2.8 Million Dreams, in the next year you'll see:
        -A new parade at the Disney-MGM Studios (Block Party Bash)
        -A nighttime show/parade at Disney's Animal Kingdom
        -A new attraction announced for Epcot's Imagination pavilion
        -A refurbished Space Mountain
        -A new land for the Disney-MGM Studios
        -Toy Story Mania will open
        -A refurbished Jungle Cruise (hopefully the budget doesn't get cut down on this one)
        -A refurbished Peter Pan's Flight
        -Some enhancements to various restaurants
        -Higher Prices (I couldn't resist) lol

Enjoy!
        -Bill

Comment

Not enough of that (which I've heard of about 2/3 of) is for Epcot.

I still don't get the whole "2 1/2 year celebration" thing. Did they run out of ideas? I would actually like a full year where there isn't a gimmick. Heck, THAT could be the gimmick! I still prefer my original "Year of a Million Housekeepers". They need more Housekeepers than anything else.

I am glad they are working on attractions like HM and Space Mountain, though.
          Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
          I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
          on Bay Lake.

Comment

just wait.. people will eventually start moaning calling it 'the year of a million rehabs' due to all the closures.. which is a good thing!

Comment

it's simple actually, there is no big anniversary or any other promotion planned for next year so just continue what they are doing and that way you have time to come up with some new catch phrase.

Comment

Originally posted by flynnibus View Post
                just wait.. people will eventually start moaning calling it 'the year of a million rehabs' due to all the closures.. which is a good thing!
                Oddly enough, a few weeks ago on another site I saw someone post a thread saying they think WDW closes its rides too much for refurbs.

Comment

I just wish I could get my aunt to understand that rides have to go under a major rehab at least once every few years, and that no, they can't work on it at night and open it during the day. :P
                  "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

Comment

Originally posted by Cmash95 View Post
                    it's simple actually, there is no big anniversary or any other promotion planned for next year so just continue what they are doing and that way you have time to come up with some new catch phrase.

Why even have a catch phrase. What is wrong with WDW BAU?

-dave
                    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
                    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                      Oh, don't worry, Epcot's 25th is getting more then pins.
                      Of course! Lanyards to go with the pins.

A part of the 2.3 Years of 2.8 Million Dreams, in the next year you'll see:

Is Mindstorms finally getting the green light? Or is this something brand spankin' new?

-Higher Prices (I couldn't resist) lol
                      Year of a Million-Dollar Bonus for the execs.
                      "Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

Comment

well, i am semi-happy they extend it because i have been twice during the promotion and haven't won anything. i am going back during the holiday season so i still have one more shot!! selfish i know!!

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

Comment

A new attraction announced for Epcot's Imagination pavilion
                          As long as Figment gets to stick around (and maybe bring Dreamfinder back), evict Dr Channing and they re-open the old ImageWorks upstairs I will be a very happy camper. Going back to the old blue & purple color scheme would be a nice bonus though. I can't stand that awful red outside the building!

Comment

How about granting my dream and bringing the original Journey Into Imagination back? When that pavillion actually had a line!

I'm thinking Disney extends out the promos so people who save for years and years get to think they're part of something special, with the resort package freebies and such. It does make a nice little folder when you get your tickets and it is all decorated with the logo.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                              Haven't read the rest yet, but this popped out at me... so now the mere announcement of an attraction is considered a noteable event? That seems lame IMO.
                              Last edited by Nom; 08-02-2007, 07:59 AM. Reason: clarity

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X