This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wettham1783 first WDW TR

[/IMG]7/18/07 The trip from Southern Oregon to Orlando was a smooth one, we were delayed getting off the plane by lightning for about 45 minutes. Never the less I got to the Beach Club and into my room by 8:30 PM. I had a great meal at Cape May Cafe and headed off to bed. I wanted to get an early start to my first day at the Animal Kingdom.7/19/07
    So this was my very first view of a WDW park
    Then it was on to Everest, I grabbed a fastpass and got into the standby line to check out this wonderful que.What's with all the people throwing money at this statue anyway?
    Well it has taken me quite a while to get this far in my post so I have to go for now but I have a lot more to go just for the first day.
    Last edited by wettham1783; 08-02-2007, 10:49 AM. Reason: Photos not showing up.
    Matthew

Re: wettham1783 first WDW TR

Okay so my pictures aren't coming up. Can anyone out there tell me what I'm doing wrong?
    Matthew

Comment

Last edited by wettham1783; 08-02-2007, 10:15 AM.
      Matthew

Comment

You need the ( [IMG] ) ( [/IMG] ) around each picture code.

And I think there should only be one http: per picture, not two.

When you are looking at your album on photobucket, click on the IMG Code once. It'll automatically copy the code.

Then just hit paste inside the reply window here. It'll automatically have the complete code.
        Last edited by TraceCub; 08-02-2007, 10:46 AM.
        "But every night, when it gets dark
        and the stars come out,
        I'll look up on her behalf.
        I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

Comment

MG]/IMG]I think I might have it now here are the 3 photos that should have been in my first post. Many more to follow when I have time.
          Matthew

Comment

Thanks a million Trace Cub now I'll be able to get on with my TR later this afternoon.
            Matthew

Comment

The second code is coming up because you are clicking the Insert Image button, which is fine but your copying the link with the code already attached from Photobucket. Since it provides it for you already, when you copy it from there, just paste it over here and it should remove those extra links.

You also might want to consider the resize feature on photobucket, so those with slow computers can enjoy your TR as much as the rest of us.

Great trip report! Can't wait to see more!

Comment

Okay so now my pictures are working and now I have tried to resize them to make my report more available. On with the story.
                I rode EE by regular que, and then with fastpass, and then single rider line. I got back in the single rider line just in time for the ride to go 101.
                So it was off to Dinosaur.
                Dinosaur was a good ride, better than I anticipated. Granted it was really dark but I thought I could see everything good enough to really enjoy myself.
                After Dinosaur it was off to Nemo the musical
                Then this is a picture of EE from a distance.
                Matthew

Comment

I know this has been choppy so far but it's my first time so hopefully the rest of this TR will be smoother.
                  Now let's see if I can finish day one.
                  I wandered around aimlessly for a while and ran into I believe Devine?
                  And I saw what I think is a Sausage tree.
                  Then I went on the Maharaja's jungle trail.
                  Is that Tigger?
                  Just a random picture of Africa.
                  Then onto Kilamanjaro.
                  I tried to get a shot of EE and the Tree of Life at the same time.
                  It started to look like rain so I ran back to EE for 3 more rides ala single rider line.
                  Then I had to satisfy an Ice Cream craving with a nice Rootbeer float. I had a cone from here earlier in the day.
                  Somewhere in my wanderings I did see It's tough to be a bug, identical to the CA version except for being onder the Tree of Life.
                  I did skip Camp Mickey-Minnie, Rafiki's planet watch, Kali River Rapids, most of Dinoland, and Flights of Wonder.
                  The impending rain made me want to leave the park earlier than I probably would have, but I had been told that the AK isn't really a good park in the rain. No sooner had I boarded my bus a down pour enveleoped us. I escaped this one! Ha Ha!
                  All in all I had a GREAT first day exploring to me a giant adventureland, oh I did eat at the Flame Tree and loved my pork sandwich.
                  I didn't make it back to this park on this trip, but I do look forward to returning on a future trip.
                  Matthew

Comment

Nice trip report.

Comment

Interesting. What is that... thing in the tree? With the face?
                      Code Lee-Oh-Co (Or Jessica, if you want)

Comment

Love the pictures!

.. a dream is a wish your heart makes

Comment

So far, so good.

Comment

What's with all the people throwing money at this statue anyway?

It's a wishing well, the monkeys face four directions of North, South, East and West which represent earth, water, wind and fire for your wish will soon come true. You throw one coin in and pray for good health and prosperity.
                            Cast member of Animal Kingdom-Jungle Trek 2000-2001

Comment

Very nice TR so far!

Originally posted by codelyokorox View Post
                              Interesting. What is that... thing in the tree? With the face?
                              That is DeVine, a walking vine creature that can be found between Africa and Asia.
                              "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
                              - Walt Disney

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X