Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Disney menu change

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney menu change

I heard a while ago that Disney was changing or adding healthier food to thier themeparks. I'm just wondering what they are... Last time I was there, they still had hot dogs (which I like) and McD's fries. But what are the healthy options? Is it only for certain dinning? Just curious.

Re: Disney menu change

Originally posted by speedemon View Post
    I heard a while ago that Disney was changing or adding healthier food to thier themeparks. I'm just wondering what they are... Last time I was there, they still had hot dogs (which I like) and McD's fries. But what are the healthy options? Is it only for certain dinning? Just curious.
    I haven't seen much change as far as healthier eating options yet. But you can request healthier meals when dining at a sit-down restaurant. Like I'm doing the free DDP next month, and plan to see what they can do (cooking meat in olive oil instead of butter, maybe steaming som vegetables). If you go to the Hoop De Doo, you can call ahead and request your chicken to be baked/grilled.

Disney says they are becoming trans-fat free, but that is just one step into making menus healthier. When I was at a convention in Epcot for a few days in late 2005, the food they served us was GREAT! Grilled chicken, steamed carrots and other vegetables, etc. It was really a healthy menu, and I don't know why that isn't something they do at their restaurants as well.

I like kids counter service meals because they come with two healthy sides (I like grapes and unsweetened applesauce).

Denise
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

Comment

Well, here is a list of restaurants with well balanced/vegetarian options from EPCOT (i cant find my other WDW maps):
      Electric Umbrella
      Coral EReef Restaurant
      Sunshine Seasons
      Garden Grill
      Nine Dragons Restaurant
      Lotus Blossom Restaurant
      L'Originale Alfredo di Roma Restaurante
      Liberty Inn
      Teppenyaki Dining Rooms
      Yakitori House
      Restaurabt Marrakesh
      Tangierine Cafe
      Chefs de France
      Bistro de Paris
      Le Cellier Steakhouse

If i had my Magic Kingdom, MGM studios, or Animal Kingdom maps i could tell you the rest but i lost them.
      ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
      1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
      2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
      3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
      4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
      5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
      6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
      7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
      8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
      9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
      AND FINALLY...
      10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
      [:

Comment

one of the things they started last year was to offer grapes in kids meals instead of fries and of course switching the oils so you aren't frying with transfats.

Comment

Hi there! Vegetarian checking in here In just the past year or so Disney has made some really great changes/additions to their menu offerings for not only healthy options but legitimate veggie-friendly foods. In addition to the "kid friendly snack options" (other than fries or chips as a side) they have started to offer a number of fresh fruits and other healthy snacks in their little side street carts. The McDonalds fries stands are still there (and, as far as I care, always can be! mmmm....fries) but they've started changing some of their other areas that were little market type places (the one near the Haunted Mansion, across from the stocks comes to mind and there's one in Toontown too) so that there are healthier options there. Last time they had bananas, apples, oranges, grapefruit for sale (at really good prices) and packages of carrot sticks, celery sticks, grapes, and a mixed fruit salad.

As for the eateries, many now specify on their menus which dishes are vegetarian. And they are offering selections that aren't just salads, too. There are all sorts of veggie noodle dishes with tofu (WDW Noodle Bowl, Polynesian Resort restaraunts, and Boma at Animal Kingdom are some of our favorites), veggie burgers, pasta dishes and whatnot. These locations are marked on the park maps, now, with a little apple icon so you can have an idea of where to go. Almost all the eateries will help you out, too, if you want to substitute or switch things around - they're very good about that. And this is definitely not just the higher end sit down eateries (like Boma or Jinko, both of which make vegetarians pretty happy in terms of their offerings)...Noodle Bowl in WDW is just a quick walk-up and grab your food and go. One of the restaruants in Morocco is, also, and they have great hummus, falafel, stuffed grape leaves, etc. Almost all of the walk-up and grab food places have at least one sandwich or wrap that is all vegetable or a pasta type dish.

Hope that helps!

Comment

Here's an article you may find of interest:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6057408.stm
            Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

Comment

I would really like to see Disney to list nutritional information on all their menus. How much butter, how much salt, calories, etc. I am not seeing too many changes (there may be for vegetarians, but I'm not one). I can get around and eat healthy enough - but overall I think there is still a long way to go. Of course, there are salads, but I would love to see more really good salad bars. I like going over to Trails End for lunch, so I can load up on salad (no cheese, only a little dressing) before getting a smaller portion of anything else.

I'd also like to see more spices incorporated into dishes. You can have a flavorful dish without a lot of fat.
              Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
              I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
              on Bay Lake.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X