This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New T-Rex Restaurant

I found some great pics of the T-Rex restaurant that is currently open in Kansas. From the concept art I've seen it looks like the one thats going to go in WDW DTD is going to be even better. This place looks pretty cool, I can't wait until they build one in California.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/brian_wdw74/325596303/

"Imagination is more important than knowledge..."
    -Albert Einstein
    sigpic

Re: New T-Rex Restaurant

I had a thread long ago from when I first visited it (I live about 30 minutes away from it.)

Let me see if I can find it...

EDIT: Ah, here it is: http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33407.

It's a nice place. Of course the figures there are just as primative as the ones in Rainforest Cafe. I never actually ate there but, the food looks exactly like what you'd see at RC. Oh, and the gift shop is plenty big too, just incase you didn't get scammed out of enough money at dinner.
    Last edited by horizonsfan92; 08-05-2007, 02:49 PM.
    - Horizonsfan

Comment

we have been to the one in kansas city! (we live about 3 hours away) it's fun! it's very similar to the rainforest cafe (they are created by the same guy). they have a build-a-dino inside that is ran by the build a bear company. they also have a dig area and other activities! very fun place and i think it will be a good addition to DTD!

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

Comment

So, let me get this right... it's similar to the Rainforest Cafe... so that means the food will suck while the ambiance will be well-intended cheese?

Comment

Eh, I've never been one for the dinosaur craze... and this really does look like a dinosaur-d version of Rainforest Cafe, which I don't like very much either.
          It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
            So, let me get this right... it's similar to the Rainforest Cafe... so that means the food will suck while the ambiance will be well-intended cheese?
            Don't forget the high prices!
            It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

And the menu is loaded with bad "themed" names.

Paleozoic Chicken Sandwich
              Jurrasic Salad
              Layers Of Earth Lasagna

Sorry, but just calling it a prehistoric pizza doesn't make it a themed pizza.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                Originally posted by ghosty4 View Post
                Eh, I've never been one for the dinosaur craze... and this really does look like a dinosaur-d version of Rainforest Cafe, which I don't like very much either.
                Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
                Don't forget the high prices!
                Of course....it's owned by the same company as RC, Landry's Restaurants, Inc. It is just a glaring copy with dinos instead of rainforest animals. I have eaten at RC twice but it was a long time ago. Had the stuffed flounder which I actually thought was pretty good, since I can actually remember eating it.
                Originally posted by larasound
                am I the burrito man?

Comment

Originally posted by evilqueenrocks View Post
                  I have eaten at RC twice but it was a long time ago. Had the stuffed flounder which I actually thought was pretty good, since I can actually remember eating it.
                  Lucky you! True story... I have only eaten at the Rainforest Cafe twice, once in WDW and once in Disneyland. And what I had in Florida was so unmemorable... that I ended up getting the same thing in California several months later. And I didn't get it because I liked it from the time before, I got it because it's literally the ONLY thing on their menu that'd I actually eat, but I didn't like it enough to remember that I had it before. Needless to say, that's it for me. I'll never eat there again.

The Dinosaur version has no hope.
                  It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

Comment

I thought themed restaurants were a thing of the past.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeland View Post
                      I thought themed restaurants were a thing of the past.
                      They are....the Cretaceous Past! or Jurassic, or Triassic!
                      It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Wow! Tough crowd. Me and my family eat at RC all the time and we love it. We have been to WDW, DLR, and the one at Ontario Mills which has lower prices. I love the themeing, IMO it makes going out to eat a lot funner than just a boring place with tables and chairs and little else. I think the food is delicious as well. It must be doing pretty well if they are investing in another similar brand. I hope these opinions are in the minority, because I would love to see more themed restaurants.

P.S. The prices at the DTD locations are way inflated, I dont understand why it's ok to milk the customers just because they are at a Disney theme park.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge..."
                        -Albert Einstein
                        sigpic

Comment

Its just because their on disney property.
                          Visit

Click the Banner

Comment

This post was very misleading. ;o(

I thought they had already started construction on the new tex-turant. Boo.

Comment

I ate at Rainforest Cafe once 5 or 6 years ago. I can't remember what I had but it wasn't too bad (would remember otherwise). Was very loud in there though.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X