This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DQ Something Different!

Ok, I never have anything useful or exclusive, so I'm really gonna ride this one for all its worth. ( which isn't really all that much, please don't get your hopes up)

Heres my teaser: Watch this SPACE for a Future Announcement

More tomorrow (hopefully)

Minutes of fame left: 14

EDIT: This project did not start today like it was supposed to, more updates when somethings available.
    Last edited by naumoney; 08-06-2007, 09:23 PM. Reason: New info

Best hold on to Your Hats and Glasses, 'cause this heres the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness!

Re: DQ Something Different!

:blink:

Where is this...the new Mission: SPACE play area?

Comment

Hmm, apparently I'm not very good at this.
      This is actually the floor from the old "Treasure of the Incas" attraction at DisneyQuest, I've just always liked the "watch this SPACE..." tag that was on the Horizons Demolition wall. :geek:

Best hold on to Your Hats and Glasses, 'cause this heres the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness!

Comment

Is there actually any indication that anything new is going in? Or are they going to board it up and start the closing of DQ as has been rumored for a while?
        It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

If we are lucky, the announcement would be to permanently close DQ and send it to yesterdayland.

But I have to admit... looking at those photos... the area in question looks like it's being prepared for a bald rat exhibit like the one at DAK's Gorilla Trails.

Comment

As far as I know, DQ is still on the chopping block. To be replaced by an ESPN Zone in the coming year... (We heard about it a long time ago, something about in 18 months it was going to close... still hasn't even been 6 months yet! lol) That also means the ESPN Club on the Boardwalk would close, and ESPN's location would only be at Downtown Disney.

Also, to add more to the fun, I just heard someone talking about Disney's contract with HP. Seems Disney is no longer happy... and wants to join forces with Apple.

What does that have to do with Downtown Disney you ask? Virgin Megastore may be leaving Downtown Disney in the future. Its rumored replacement? Would you believe... An Apple Store?
            -Bill

Comment

I have read about the Apple store replacement elsewhere.
              I would miss the Virgin Mega Store. I liked their $10 bins.

Comment

Personally I think that space is much too big for an Apple store. Who's going to buy a Mac on vacation? Makes as much sense as buying a car at the end of the World of Motion.
                It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
                  Personally I think that space is much too big for an Apple store. Who's going to buy a Mac on vacation? Makes as much sense as buying a car at the end of the World of Motion.

Or dropping $16,000 on a timeshare - oh wait, did I say that

-dave
                  "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
                  "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                    As far as I know, DQ is still on the chopping block. To be replaced by an ESPN Zone in the coming year... (We heard about it a long time ago, something about in 18 months it was going to close... still hasn't even been 6 months yet! lol) That also means the ESPN Club on the Boardwalk would close, and ESPN's location would only be at Downtown Disney.

Also, to add more to the fun, I just heard someone talking about Disney's contract with HP. Seems Disney is no longer happy... and wants to join forces with Apple.

What does that have to do with Downtown Disney you ask? Virgin Megastore may be leaving Downtown Disney in the future. Its rumored replacement? Would you believe... An Apple Store?
                    Hasn't Disney already joined forces with Apple in a way already with Steve Jobs/Pixar?
                    My Blog: http://imagineeringmind.wordpress.com

Parks Visited: MK - EPCOT - DHS - DAK - DL - DCA - HKDL - TDL - TDS

Comment

Originally posted by jane2073 View Post
                      I have read about the Apple store replacement elsewhere.
                      I would miss the Virgin Mega Store. I liked their $10 bins.
                      Me too. I love their $10 sales!

Comment

I'll miss DQ when it's gone. I liked the floor of unlimited video games.

That, and the Pirates simulator. My fiance and I get all into it, yelling at each other "move yer scurvy bum" and whatever other silly things - we can usually get kids laughing if they're on the simulator with us.

Comment

Rest assured, things that work well in DQ will be moved into interactive areas in the parks.

And as far as Apple goes... Disney can't use Apple computers in the parks yet because of a contract with HP... the sponsorship for Mission: SPACE. However, in the queue for Mission: SPACE, you might notice some Apple Keyboards in the Control Room. lol
                          -Bill

Comment

The Pirates : Battle for the Buccaneer Gold simulator ride was so much fun! I have beaten it each and every time I play it. Well, I guess by reaching the captain's level....? Am I remembering that right? Anyways, I will miss DQ when it's gone. *sniffle*

I even went a DQ in downtown Chicago. That was cool, too!
                            - Larisa

Everybody neat and pretty? Then, on with the show! -MMC

:ap:

Comment

I remember only one thing from a few years ago when I last went to DQ - the Pirate Simulator Game. I really have great memories from how fun it was, and I honestly hope it is brought somewhere else with the closing of DQ

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X