This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pirate and Princess party worth it?

We are heading to Disney next week. It bothers me a bit that the MK will be closed at 7 on both Wed and Saturday for the party. Just because in the past when we visit in August it is always open much later. Now there are two days that we have to pay extra appx $40 each. We are a family of 5 traveling with a family of 7. Our youngest member is 10. Is it worth paying the extra money? Is it muchhhhh less crowded than usual? I realize it has not been done this time of year before...but any insight is appreciated! Thanks!

Re: Pirate and Princess party worth it?

Welcome to MiceChat masnowwhite.

And to answer your question, yes, the party is worth the extra money. We went to it in February and had a blast. Make sure you visit with Captain Jack.

What we do is try to sleep in that day since you will be up late that night. We then swim in the resort pool, play mini golf or spend some time at Downtown Disney. We do not go to any other parks. When we went in February, we were able to get in MK around 4pm. 4-12midnight is 8 hours, almost a full day. We had the park to ourselves. Check online to see if you can buy tickets in advance. You could save a few dollars.

Have fun and let us know if you went and what you thought of it.

Comment

We are going to the Pirate and Princess party ourselves next week. we have been to both the Christmas and Halloween parties in the past and highly say it is worth the extra money. There are very little lines, you get parades and fireworks shows you can see at no other time as well as character greets. We have a 6 and 2 year old. Our 6 year old has loved both parties in the past and when asked if she wanted to do the P&P or Halloween this year she chose P&P. She will be dressing up as Jasmine and her sister will be Snow White. These parties are a unique experience that should be tried if you have the resources to do so. Enjoy!!

Oh, and Nancy we do the exact same thing. we just relax during the day and save our park time for the party that day. Because with the lower number of people you can get everything in.
      Originally posted by larasound
      am I the burrito man?

Comment

We really enjoyed it a lot - especially since it was so empty in February! I don't think it will be quite as empty this month, but we enjoyed the fireworks too. I had put pics up, but it was definitely worth it to us. The parade was just so-so, I prefer the Halloween Party.

Whether it's worth it to you, that just depends. It IS a lot of extra money for a family of 7.
        Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
        I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
        on Bay Lake.

Comment

Thanks for the response, thus far. Since this is August and not Jan/Feb. do you think the crowds will be so small that we can get everything in?

Thanks again for the welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by masnowwhite View Post
            Thanks for the response, thus far. Since this is August and not Jan/Feb. do you think the crowds will be so small that we can get everything in?

Thanks again for the welcome!
            When we go to the Halloween Parties, which are more popular - they've been around longer, we have no problems getting on attractions.

With the Pirates and Princess Party, the worst lines were actually for characters. An hour for Jack Sparrow, a few minutes for most rides in February. I don't know what you want to do, as far as getting "everything" in. If you want to go to attractions, probably yes. But it has had good word of mouth, and it's warmer than February - so I don't think it will be as empty.

I loved the fireworks! Here are a few of my photos:

The rest are here:

http://www.mousesteps.com/index.php?...id=7&Itemid=37

We are just two adults and had a good time. Much of that was due to lack of crowds.
            Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

I'm going to the 8/24 party. Never been before so I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

I don't know that I've ever seen a fireworks show as exciting as the Pirates & Princess fireworks! The show is amazing! AND I got to see Pirate Mickey, Donald, Goofy and Pluto!! I am an absolute sucker for characters, so that actually made my night and was my whole reason for wanting to go to the party. We had such a wonderful time. We went in February... so it's tough to comment on crowds, since there weren't crowds during regular operating hours anyway.
                It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

Comment

I actually like the Halloween fireworks best of any in the MK, but I would rank the Pirates and Princess Party fireworks right up there.
                  Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

I would say it's worth it! I was tempted to dress like a Pittsburgh Pirate.

Here's my trip report from my 3/8/07 visit.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJyJfqpRkbk
                    Check out these links:

www.ioacentral.com
                    www.youtube.com/barryh1972
                    www.myspace.com/barryhom
                    www.themeparkreview.com

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X