This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Japanese food for you ...

Haven't seen this posted yet, so I'll just tell you what I've heard from DRC.

And that is that Tepan Edo's reopening has been delayed. I was told 'until October' ... a friend of mine was told that right now it's only scheduled to be down until 9/15.

I somehow -- after an unauthorized field trip recently -- think no one will be dining on Japanese cuisine until close to Thanksgiving, myself.

Re: No Japanese food for you ...

Whew! I thought you were going to say it is closed for good!

Comment

I dine on Japanese food all the time at the small counter service place there...good stuff
      My Blog: http://imagineeringmind.wordpress.com

Parks Visited: MK - EPCOT - DHS - DAK - DL - DCA - HKDL - TDL - TDS

Comment

Yeah that tempura chicken at the outside kiosk thing is pretty yummy.

Comment

It's a good idea to make backup plans, obviously (if you have reservations!) I did that yesterday.
          Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
          I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
          on Bay Lake.

Comment

Furthermore.. I love the gals who work the temporary stand outside the Japan Pavillion. They demeanor and smiles are tops... feels like a little touch of TDR right here in FL.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisFL View Post
              I dine on Japanese food all the time at the small counter service place there...good stuff
              I hope you don't mean Yakitori House?

That was my fave quick serve location in WS until Tangerine Cafe opened ... but about three years ago they switched from serving chicken breast meat to using assorted thigh (and God knows what else) pieces to save money ... and they raised prices a good 20% on most items ... that sent me away and I haven't gone back.

Although clearly they're pissing other guests off with the quality of chicken because it now states clearly on the menu 'thigh meat' ...

Just another example of WalMarting the product . Raise prices, lower quality.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                Furthermore.. I love the gals who work the temporary stand outside the Japan Pavillion. They demeanor and smiles are tops... feels like a little touch of TDR right here in FL.
                I agree they're awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by WDW1974 View Post

Although clearly they're pissing other guests off with the quality of chicken because it now states clearly on the menu 'thigh meat' ...

Just another example of WalMarting the product . Raise prices, lower quality.
                  I actually agree with this. I used to really enjoy the Yakitori House - I don't like dark chicken meat, nor the fact that their salads went up in price (I used to get a side salad with my meal).

I don't really go there anymore either, just maybe once a year (when going with someone else who wants to).
                  Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                    I agree they're awesome.
                    Yup, they are. I love being acknowledged when I walk up to them... "Irashai-masen!" They even giggle when I try my poor japanese skills with them, then they go... "Heehee heehee..." They are quite surprised that a gaijin can actually speak a little japanese in FL no less. Gotta love them.

Comment

Originally posted by nbodyhome View Post
                      I actually agree with this. I used to really enjoy the Yakitori House - I don't like dark chicken meat, nor the fact that their salads went up in price (I used to get a side salad with my meal).

I don't really go there anymore either, just maybe once a year (when going with someone else who wants to).

What do you mean 'actually'? ... Are you surprised you agree with something I wrote, Denise? )

And it really ticked me off when the salad went from like $1.99 to $3.99 ... more than just a little increase.

But they don't care. They lost many loyal customers I'm sure, just like us ... but their bottom line has probably shot through the roof.

Comment

Originally posted by WDW1974 View Post
                        What do you mean 'actually'? ... Are you surprised you agree with something I wrote, Denise? )

And it really ticked me off when the salad went from like $1.99 to $3.99 ... more than just a little increase.

But they don't care. They lost many loyal customers I'm sure, just like us ... but their bottom line has probably shot through the roof.
                        No, but others aren't going to necessarily agree.

They took away the ginger ice cream, too.

I think the salad is $3.29 now, which is still more than I'll pay. I don't eat a lot of counter service in Epcot, though on the free dine I'll stop at Morocco a couple of times.
                        Normally I'll just stop there for some cous cous, not a full meal.
                        Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

Originally posted by nbodyhome View Post
                          No, but others aren't going to necessarily agree.
                          But that's what makes this so much fun!!!

Comment

No more Ginger Ice Cream....??? Might just cancel my trip!
                            Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
                            it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                              Yup, they are. I love being acknowledged when I walk up to them... "Irashai-masen!" They even giggle when I try my poor japanese skills with them, then they go... "Heehee heehee..." They are quite surprised that a gaijin can actually speak a little japanese in FL no less. Gotta love them.
                              Ok so what does "Irashai-masen!" mean?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X