X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad news for MGM hat haters.

From Mouseplanet.com

So the Hollywood is more symbolic than anything else. Of course, the Sorcerer's Hat blocking the Chinese Theater kind of detracts from that, but a reactive FAQ distributed to cast members to provide answers to questions from guests notes that, "We feel the Sorcerer Mickey Hat truly represents the magic of show business and the entertainment wizardry of Disney. This imaginative icon falls in line with the tradition of Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom, Spaceship Earth at Epcot and the Tree of Life at Disney's Animal Kingdom." This indicates that the Hat is not likely to experience the disappearing wand treatment any time soon.
    Well, that's a real downer.

Re: Bad news for MGM hat haters.

Originally posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    From Mouseplanet.com

Well, that's a real downer.
    Everything noted online has been that the (ugly) hat is staying.

IMHO, it represents tackiness and pins. That is about it!
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

Comment

Originally posted by nbodyhome View Post

IMHO, it represents tackiness and pins. That is about it!
      Yep.

At this rate, it's going to be the extent of Disney's response to Potter at Universal.

*LOOK AT US, WE'VE GOT A MAGIC HAT! IT'S ALL........... LIKE HARRY POTTER AND STUFF. HONEST.*

Ugh.

:yuck:
      48 Favourites From WDW [Photos]

Comment

Well that's depressing. Is it too early for some whiskey in my coffee?

Comment

The hat doesn't bother me as much as the fact that there's nothing under it worth seeing. How does a pin store represent the magic of show business??

Comment

What if we replace the pin store with a big sign that says, "Disney's Hollywood Studios"
            -Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
              What if we replace the pin store with a big sign that says, "Disney's Hollywood Studios"
              To me, that pin store is the epitome of the Hollywood that never was. If you take that away, how will people be able to get their beloved pins? How? How???!!! If anything, they should tear down that stupid looking Chinese building behind the hat and expand the pin store. They don't use that building for anything useful anyway.

Comment

I actually like the hat. But don't like the pin store underneath it, in the same way I don't like that Cinarella's castle is a Princess Makeover Salon. Central Icons should be attractions, not just shops.

Maybe this will be Mickey's new meet and great area?

Comment

meh , it's doesn't really bother me , and i think the pin trading is kinda cool... so... there ya go

My Maleficent tattoo

Comment

Originally posted by flotsam_mike View Post
                    Maybe this will be Mickey's new meet and great area?
                    If Disney feels that it must keep the hat then I agree that it should be something else besides a pin store. Meet and greet sounds like a great idea!
                    If Disney doesn't want to give up the retail space, then make it contain unique merchandise specific to either the park or the Hollywood theme.
                    (yeah, I know that this is even more "out there" then turning the space into a meet-n-greet)

Comment

Originally posted by Pacha View Post
                      The hat doesn't bother me as much as the fact that there's nothing under it worth seeing. How does a pin store represent the magic of show business??
                      I completely agree.
                      - Horizonsfan

Comment

The hat itself is that not bad! It is just the location that I object to.

I used to really like the view of the Chinese as I came into the park, and now the hat has (IMHO) spoiled that view.

The hat can be the new icon of the park, but why block the Chinese just to display the icon?

Just MHO, YMMV

CU@DL

Andy
                        -
                        What is, is... What is not, is not.

Boom!

I don't ask for much... Just a few little things!

Extra effort yields extraordinary results!

Comment

When the plans for Disney-MGM Studios Europe were made, there was a big hat sitting outside the gate in the middle of a pond, and an unobstructed Chinese Theater inside. They could do the same here...those fond of the hat would still have it, but one of the best vistas in Imagineering would be freed of garishness and tastelessness.

Personally I detest the hat but have little hope of it coming down in the forseeable future. Still, sometime in my lifetime, I hope to see the day...
                          Down with the Hat

Comment

Yeah, I love how they just totally gloss over how the Chinese Theater WAS the castle or ball or whatever of the park.
                            Good morning, son
                            In twenty years from now
                            Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                            And I can tell you 'bout today
                            And how I picked you up and everything changed
                            It was pain
                            Sunny days and rain
                            I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

"We feel the Sorcerer Mickey Hat truly represents the magic of show business and the entertainment wizardry of Disney. This imaginative icon falls in line with the tradition of Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom, Spaceship Earth at Epcot and the Tree of Life at Disney's Animal Kingdom."
                              Oh yeah. What a great icon of Hollywood that hat is. And that old Chinese Theater...just not worthy. Not only not worthy...best to cover it up so it's practically hidden. I mean...what sort of nuts would ever consider the Chinese Theater the "castle" of the studio theme park?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X