This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commerative Brick

I know this has probably been addressed thousands of times, but I am REALLY new here and cannot find a back thread about it. I would like to buy a brick for my husband, for him to see on our anniversary trip there. Can anyone tell me how you buy one without being on WDW grounds? Is there a website or phone number to get information? I cannot find anything on the Disney website, but unless it is obvious, I probably couldn't-not a very good technology person. Thanks in advance for any help! Even the littlest thing is great! (Right now, I just have the idea in my head, but I cannot figure out how to put it into motion!)

Re: Commerative Brick

I don't believe they sell the bricks anymore.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by PrettyPrincess View Post
      I know this has probably been addressed thousands of times, but I am REALLY new here and cannot find a back thread about it. I would like to buy a brick for my husband, for him to see on our anniversary trip there. Can anyone tell me how you buy one without being on WDW grounds? Is there a website or phone number to get information? I cannot find anything on the Disney website, but unless it is obvious, I probably couldn't-not a very good technology person. Thanks in advance for any help! Even the littlest thing is great! (Right now, I just have the idea in my head, but I cannot figure out how to put it into motion!)
      Try Home Depot .... ) ... OK ... sorry bad joke. They don't sell them any more.

Comment

Okay, thanks. Gotta come up with a plan B!

Comment

You can do it at Shades of Green - you can also "sponsor" a fruit tree there.

Not much help of you are not staying there. Otherwise as far as I know, there is no way to "leave your name behind" right now.

-dave
          "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
          "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Comment

Originally posted by PrettyPrincess View Post
            Okay, thanks. Gotta come up with a plan B!

You could carve it into the queue for BTMRR, like all the other destructive people.

Sorry - that was soapbox time. Now back to your regulary scheduled happy thread.
            "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
            "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Comment

I got my 25th Anniversary brick on my mantle

Comment

Have they stopped again? They had more this year, try calling (407) 824-7890 (taken from another website, I haven't tried the number myself).

The price had gone up a lot, to like $250.00. They started selling them again a few months back, but I don't know if they still are.

I also will mention that Give Kids the World has bricks that they sell for their village, and those are for a good cause.
                Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
                I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
                on Bay Lake.

Comment

Visit Guest Relations on your next visit & inquire about Disney's Walk Around the World.
                  -Bill

Comment

Originally posted by nbodyhome View Post
                    I also will mention that Give Kids the World has bricks that they sell for their village, and those are for a good cause.
                    I second that.

Why give $$$ to the Mouse that is almost entirely profit ... and they won't maintain the thing anyway when you can give it to a worthwhile charity?

Comment

Here is information on the stones for GKTW: http://www.gktw.org/how/paver.asp

I do believe they are tax deductible as well.

But Disney may still have bricks left, they HAVE been selling them this year.
                      Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

Originally posted by WDW1974 View Post
                        I second that.

and they won't maintain the thing anyway when you can give it to a worthwhile charity?
                        Simply not true. Everytime we've visited they have been re-mortared. Inscription has been re-blacked. Ours is coming up to its tenth year and as far as I can ascertain they intend to keep them where they are for the moment. AS for giving to charity - it depends which one - how much is deducted for administration and whether the end product is seized by corrupt governments. It's my money and I'll "spend" it where I choose - thank you.
                        Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

Comment

Originally posted by geoffa View Post
                          how much is deducted for administration and whether the end product is seized by corrupt governments. It's my money and I'll "spend" it where I choose - thank you.
                          Give Kids the World is mostly volunteers, and it lets kids with life threatening illnesses go to Disney World (and have a place to stay for a week). Just for those who don't know, very little goes to administration.

However, as I mentioned, Disney has sold bricks this year. The phone number I posted should be correct, to buy a brick (though they have about doubled in price since the last time they were for sale).

I am glad Disney has made more bricks available, they certainly have plenty of room to put them (all over property if they wanted). They have bricks that went in at the Contemporary Resort in the 90's, I hadn't even realized it. I like the brick program much better than the Leave a Legacy.
                          Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

Originally posted by nbodyhome View Post
                            Have they stopped again? They had more this year, try calling (407) 824-7890 (taken from another website, I haven't tried the number myself).

The price had gone up a lot, to like $250.00. They started selling them again a few months back, but I don't know if they still are.

I just tried the number. The recording says they stopped selling the bricks in July 2000. They say you can leave a message if you have an existing brick (and a question) and they will call you back.

Since there are a few people on this thread that insist that Disney is still selling them, can you provide some proof?

How do you know they are selling them? Do you know someone who bought one? What number did they call, where did they visit?
                            sigpic
                            Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

Comment

Leave a message for them. This is your brick, I have read on numerous boards that people have bought bricks this year. I do believe someone also mentioned that they have that recording.

I don't need proof, it's not my brick! If you want one, leave a message and see if they call back. You can also Google about it, which is what I did for you to get that number.

All I was doing was to let you know that they have been selling them this year. I am not interested in a brick for myself, I was just trying to help you out and let you know there have been bricks. I do not know if they are still selling them.

I just found this thread elsewhere:

http://www.sunshinerewardsforum.com/...php/t-561.html

There were bricks in May, I can't tell if there still are (first they said 20k bricks, then they said only 70). You will have to find out for yourself, that is as much info as I have.
                              Last edited by nbodyhome; 08-16-2007, 04:59 AM.
                              Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X