Disney MGM changed to Disney Hollywood and a new Indiana Jones Backlot Adventure

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stimpy215
    • Dec 2005

Re: Disney MGM changed to Disney Hollywood and a new Indiana Jones Backlot Adventure

I agree...as opposed to getting rid of it because theres no shooting on the backlot anymore...how about they go back to one of the basic ideas of the park when it opened and make it a working studio again? Actually (dare I say) film there lol I mean aside from just like espn commercials

Comment

• Evoulie
      Living the Dream.
      • Sep 2006

Re: Disney MGM changed to Disney Hollywood and a new Indiana Jones Backlot Adventure

Originally posted by Stimpy215 View Post
      I agree...as opposed to getting rid of it because theres no shooting on the backlot anymore...how about they go back to one of the basic ideas of the park when it opened and make it a working studio again? Actually (dare I say) film there lol I mean aside from just like espn commercials
      Didn't they film some Food Network Challenge Episodes at the studios?

Celebrate Churros
      Only at Disney Parks..

Comment

• futureman
        New MiceChatter
        • Aug 2007

The Backlot Tour takes too long, has too many dead spots. I'd rather have attractions take the space that MGM has for shooting stuff, especially since it's hardly used.

Comment

• Stimpy215
          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Evoulie View Post
          Didn't they film some Food Network Challenge Episodes at the studios?
          its possible..I really want them to do some movie scenes there especially...or like big network tv shows

Comment

• Stimpy215
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by futureman View Post
            The Backlot Tour takes too long, has too many dead spots. I'd rather have attractions take the space that MGM has for shooting stuff, especially since it's hardly used.
            Different strokes for different folks...true its not exactly gonna compete w/ rnr or tot for thrill seekers but it can be fun and it lets you sit down after walkin around the park for a while

Comment

• kcnole
              • Mar 2006

My idea on how to fix the backlot as I desperately want it to stay, but just in a good form is this. Change it to the Backlot Special Effects Tour.

Keep the water scene, but *gasp* change it to a pirates of the carribean special effects show where guests are used in filming as they currently are, but dressed as pirates and have other stuntmen who do things during this show. The idea could be that the Black Pearl is under attack or something like that.

Then when we move onto the tram tour it could be all about how special effects and stunts are done in the industry. We could still keep props along the way but also build several warehouses that we enter where special effects for upcoming movies are being worked on and we're just lucky enough to see in action today. That way we could keep catastrophe canyon but also add a lot of different special effect things similar in nature to twister, Backdraft, and Earthquake at Universal as well as a few buildings where some major stunts are performed for us.

This could help to make driving past the lma show make sense. Finally the walkthrough at the end would be rethemed to be a walkthrough dealing with some of the most amazing stunts and special effects we've ever seen in the world of movies.

Comment

• Stimpy215
                • Dec 2005

I think they need newer props w/ movies done in the last 15 years at least (except for star wars etc which have a longer shelf life obviously), they need to update the canyon, they need to stop spending a third of their spiel promoting LMA (god I hated that thing sometimes lol) WHen you are going by the "practice" spot where your supposed to plug how great the cars are, sometimes I spieled they flooded the lot and practiced on the jetski's (which I never knew why they were there? ) lol ..anyways umm..yea i'd add new props and have showkeeping actually take CARE of them!, i'd get the canyon back to full capacity and i'd stop so much shameless LMA promotion...i'd leave the villians exhibit in AFI thats cool .

Comment

• WDW Monorail
                  May the F=ma be with you
                  • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Stimpy215 View Post
                  its possible..I really want them to do some movie scenes there especially...or like big network tv shows
                  You mean that the Food Network isn't a "big" network?

:unsure:
                  sigpic

Originally posted by Phonedave
                  Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Comment

• Tui
                    And they call me Mad!
                    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
                    Wow, man stepped foor on the moon?

I had no idea.

Fooooorrrrr!!!!
                    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X