This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clermont, Florida?

My family and I are considering moving closer to WDW, not just because of WDW but because there are more tech jobs that suit our degrees there. WDW is just an added bonus.. ANYWAY, I wanted to ask if anyone has any opinions regarding Clermont, FL, statistically it has everything we are looking for and we love the rolling hills that are to the north of the area.

Anyone else live there or lived there before? Did you like it? How was the crime, neighborhoods etc..

Re: Clermont, Florida?

Friends of mine live there and it's nice. 20 minutes or so away from Disney but just far enough away from Kissimmee and 192 to feel like you're not there. It's more high end than what most CMs without at least 5 years can afford so you're going to be around more families than teens/college age. My friends have loved it ever since they moved in '99. I've never heard of huge crime but I'm sure it does have some, as does all places. The neighborhood they live in is lovely. Houses are not too close together, one level. Depending on where in Cleremont you're looking almost all houses have huge screened in sunrooms, some with inground pools.

Comment

My future MIL lives there, so I visit there frequently. If you stay near Apopka-Vineland, it's a nice quick shot to WDW. What sort of degrees do you have? Lakeland or North Orlando (Maitland area - a tech hotspot) could be a good choice, too.

Comment

My boyfriend and I have computer tech degrees and when I did a search for the Top 10 cities in the country for tech jobs, Orlando was on the list.

I certainly did a happy dance when I heard that one. LOL

We did a drive over two weekends ago and we like the non conjested areas, we were never one for the Truman Show type housing and Clermont seemed to fit that.

Good to know others have a great experience with it.

Comment

Ah, if your goal is non congested, there's also the Avalon Park / Wedgefield area waaaay out in East Orlando. Basically, you'd take 50 way out East. Benefit to Disney? Hop on the 408 right there, it'll transfer you to the 417, which is a straight (non-congested!) shot to Disney.

Not trying to sway you (even though I live that way and have a MIS degree *cough*), just presenting other options!

Comment

I have nothing to add, just that I think I will be following this thread closely too....for future reference.

It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

I don't live over there (I am on the east coast) but I have driven through the area and it is one of my favorites. I love the hills.

Comment

Clermont? Yuk. DON'T DO IT Summer.

Comment

I have driven through the area a couple of times. not bad but very expensive. according to statistics the median price of a home is around hundred seventy thousand of course that was before the real estate bubble burst so it could be a little less. the commute couldn't be much worse that it is in tampa. It seems to be about the same distance that my husband travels to work from our house to downtown tampa and he does it in about an hour. it seems to have a pretty low crime rate but there are a number of registered sex offenders living there. of course those are everywhere these days.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                    Clermont? Yuk. DON'T DO IT Summer.
                    Any suggestions then?

Comment

Originally posted by SummerInFL View Post
                      Any suggestions then?
                      Windermere.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                        Windermere.
                        Maybe.

Comment

I have been looking at a few homes online in Windermere for a while now, seems to be just what I have been looking for.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

Comment

Originally posted by Cmash95 View Post
                            the median price of a home is around hundred seventy thousand.
                            Somtimes I do want to move to FL.

-dave
                            "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
                            "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Comment

Originally posted by Phonedave View Post
                              Somtimes I do want to move to FL.

-dave
                              Couldn't have said it better. Average home around here? You're lucky to find one for under $400,000.
                              It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X