Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When does Christmas Break start for you?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When does Christmas Break start for you?

Our school district here in Portland, Oregon starts Christmas Break this year on December 15th (and we go back to school on January 2nd). Talking to friends, most of the other districts around here go through the next week (last day before break is December 21st) and then come back to school on January 7th. We will be at WDW from the 15th through the 22nd and it just got me wondering: When does Christmas Break begins for other people?

Re: When does Christmas Break start for you?

We live in Kansas and my kids don't get out until the 21st either...we go back the 3rd. we are planning on going to WDW dec 26th-jan 2nd. (i know, i know the crowds...we do this everyyear with all of my husbands family and it's the only time when we can all go so...we deal with it! )

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by tayakaleb View Post
      we are planning on going to WDW dec 26th-jan 2nd. (i know, i know the crowds...we do this everyyear with all of my husbands family and it's the only time when we can all go so...we deal with it! )
      We will be at WDW over Christmas too !!! from 12/19-12/29 taking the kids (ages 17, 14, 12 and 4) out a bit early. In MA school vacation starts officially on 12/22.
      Although we are WDW trip veterans (nearly once a year) from as far back as the late 70's, this will be our first Christmas ever in WDW and we are a bit apprehensive but nevertheless incredibly excited.
      :yea:
      tayakaleb - since you have actually been there over Christmas week before, might I trouble you for any advice you could offer for safely navigating those holiday crowds and making the best of the trip?

So far we have ressies for MVMCP, the Candlelight Processional with Gary Sinise and plan to do the Yuletide tour. No idea yet on what we are going to do on Christmas Day or where we will be eating dinner.
      Last edited by tjcjr; 08-27-2007, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tjcjr View Post
        :yea:
        tayakaleb - since you have actually been there over Christmas week before, might I trouble you for any advice you could offer for safely navigating those holiday crowds and making the best of the trip?

So far we have ressies for MVMCP, the Candlelight Processional with Gary Sinise and plan to do the Yuletide tour. No idea yet on what we are going to do on Christmas Day or where we will be eating dinner.

We have never been to the park on Christmas day, can't tell ya' about that. As for the crowds, just go knowing what you are getting into. Don't expect to get much done! The Christmas parade is always fun!! We also love to go around to the different resorts and see all the decorations! You gotta go to the Grand Floridian and see the HUGE gingerbread house! Also all the countries at Epcot have the storytellers that give the traditions of that country for the holidays, very cool! Osbourne Lights at MGM are worth checking out! Hope that helps! If you have anything more specific feel free to ask!!
        Last edited by tayakaleb; 08-27-2007, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Ours get out on the 19th here in MD.

Comment

You are lucky to be getting out on the 15th! School here in northern AZ lets out on the 22nd.
            We'll be there with the other insane people visiting WDW from 12/23-12/29. Never done this before, although we've been in the summer a few times.
            Tayakaleb, can you say any more about the crowds and "not getting much done"? We're buying 7-day MYW tickets with park hopping option. My hope is that we'll be able to go in to the park of our choice at opening (we're not staying on-site, so early entry is not an option for us) and spend the first couple of hours or so hitting up some rides, then break away for non-Disney activities and come back in the evening to soak up atmosphere. Am I being unrealistic?
            Thanks for your input!

Comment

Well, our group is not a group that gets up and around early...we have 14 of us and we all stay in a vacation house so we take our own sweet time in the mornings...i am sure that that parks reach capacity early on christmas day and maybe eve also. we usually go the week after christmas so i am not sure about the days leading up to it...we have spent new years at epcot b/c the magic kingdom reached capacity that day at like 10am!! we just went to WDW this summer and in comparison the crowds are MUCH worse at christmas time! the waits are long! but if you use your fastpasses right you can do the major things! part of our problems too is getting all 14 of us from point a to point b can take some time!! I think it's a great time to go because of all the holiday decorations etc. just go knowing how it will be and you can still have a fabulous time!

Comment

Down here in Florida, we get out on the... 21st as well! And return on the 3rd of January. I recall a few years ago, however, that we had gotten out on the 16th of December, and had not returned until the 8th of January. Pretty big difference. It seems all the breaks get shorter, but we have Early Out ( 1:45p.m.) EVERY Wednesday, and random days off for seriously no reason. Our Spring Break is pretty nice though, I think about 2 and a half weeks total.

Comment

All North Jersey has ever had is a week. (and change)

Half day 12/21 back on 1/2

Because we have such a diverse population around here, our public schools have off on Rosh Hashanah. We also have the annual NJ Teacher Convention. Which typicaly is when WDW is besiged by New Jersians. This year its Nov 8 & 9 - making a 4 day weekend.

-dave
                  "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
                  "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Comment

Our Christmas break starts on the 21st and we go back on January 7th

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

hmm....the university system here in FL lets us out on December 9th, and we go back the 8th of January I believe. But, I'll be working at the MK anyways, so I'm sure I'll see many of you!! Come see me at Space Mtn (before it goes down for refurb after the holidays)!!!
                      sigpic Blast Off Into Adventure!!

Originally posted by TheRockr
                      Space Junk once taught Peter Pan how to do Mick Jagger's famous strut.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X