Clear All

Re: making transportation more "magical"

Im telling you, Personal Rapid Transport

http://www.taxi2000.com
    My Blog: http://imagineeringmind.wordpress.com

Parks Visited: MK - EPCOT - DHS - DAK - DL - DCA - HKDL - TDL - TDS

Comment

I would love to see the peoplemover system used more often throughout the park however. It's probably not workable for long distance transport from resorts to the parks, but there's certainly some situations where a peoplemover would work wonderfully for guest transport.

Comment

Originally posted by nbodyhome View Post
        I don't envy your commute, Dave. I can imagine why Disney's buses don't seem so bad.

Don't worry. I USED to have that commute. I work 3 miles from my home now

-dave
        "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
        "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Comment

Originally posted by kcnole View Post
          I would love to see the peoplemover system used more often throughout the park however. It's probably not workable for long distance transport from resorts to the parks, but there's certainly some situations where a peoplemover would work wonderfully for guest transport.

Let me ask you and everyone else this.

Lets say there was some sort of system of "moving chairs" where you could easily walk up and within a 5 minute wait, get on a seat. Just like the TTA/PM

However .... it would take you longer, maybe twice as long, to get back to your resort. You are sitting the chair the whole time, and its moving, but its slower. Would that be better or worse ?

Just asking opinions

-dave
          "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
          "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Comment

As long as I'm sitting safely and not standing on a bus or in line for one for 45 minutes with tired kids and grumpy parents I would be happy...
            Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

Originally posted by Phonedave View Post
              Don't worry. I USED to have that commute. I work 3 miles from my home now

-dave
              That is much better.

I think some sort of light rail or personal transport would be a good idea too. Disney could come up with something new as well.
              Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
              I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
              on Bay Lake.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerren View Post
                I hate the buses.... truly and honestly hate them and there is ALWAYS a line at park closing... As I was raised to be a gentleman (ok bear with me on this ppl) I give up my seat to anyone holding a child or who is walking with a cane, etc. Even though I have a bum knee and a bad shoulder and really really just want to sit down and rest for a bit after running flat out for 12 hours or more...
                I agree with you that it is absolutely ridiculous for the bus drivers to risk the lives of WDW guests by filling up overly crowded buses. I was on a very crowded bus going from MGM to MK and because I am short I would hold on to those straps that would hang down from the bars. Well the bus I was on had only three. Two of the straps were in the far back the upper level where they would have been pointless (cuz when you are on the upper back level of the bus the bars are reachable) and far away from where I was standing. The third one, the only one on the main level of the bus, was already in use. I hate having to strain an arm for my own safety.

There was one time when I did a resort hop from Animal Kingdom to Animal Kingdom Lodge, I was there 30 mins before the park was closing and there was already a good line. In ten minutes the line for the bus went way past the end of the ropes! Fortunatly two buses arrived at the same time for this stop so we didnt have to crowd. I think this is one of the only few occassions when Disney was able to think on its feet and knew when to expect the crowds. Unfortunatly two buses at the same time cant always work but how about having more buses running on the same route? I wouldnt mind at all waiting an extra 5 minutes for another bus. It's better than crowding a bus to dangeorus levels.

And I found out today that taking a bus back to Wilderness Lodge is still a less painful wait than the ferry.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                Working...
                X