This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International Gateway - Epcot

It's been a while since I've been to Epcot, and I think I've only ever left World Showcase through the International Gateway near the France pavilion -- never the reverse.

So, my question is -- can someone who's a Disney resort guest, but not a guest at one of the Epcot resorts specifically (Beach Club, Yacht Club, Boardwalk Inn, Swan, Dolphin) enter the park through the International Gateway? My initial assumption is that anyone with a valid park ticket should be able to enter, but then I wondered whether they would not allow this so as to prevent people from parking for free in the Beach Club's lot and coming in the back way.

Put in context, I was thinking it might be faster to get from another park (say, the Studios or DAK) to the back end of World Showcase by taking a bus to the Beach Club and then walking in through the International Gateway, than by taking a bus to the front of Epcot and then walking all the way to the back.

Any advice or thoughts are appreciated!

Re: International Gateway - Epcot

I do it all the time, I walk from Epcot to MGM and back frequently.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

Comment

They take tickets at the IG, too.

So, yeah you can go in and out through there.

It's a nice "secret passageway". Heh
      - Larisa

Everybody neat and pretty? Then, on with the show! -MMC

:ap:

Comment

Anyone is allowed in through the International Gateway.

I'm not sure how they limit parking at the Resorts. I know you're supposed to have a parking pass in your car window, but I'm not sure what they do if you don't have one or have one for a different hotel.

They (used to?) allow parking at the Boardwalk for non-resort guests.

Also, besides walking (10-20 mins), you can take a boat from the Studios to the Int'l Gateway...

Comment

Walking takes about 20 minutes at a 3mph pace. I did that again the other day, as my parents took the boat (and I waited for them at the end for a few minutes).

The Boardwalk is an Entertainment venue, so they don't restrict as much as the other resorts. However, they are much more careful during the Food and Wine Festival.
          Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
          I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
          on Bay Lake.

Comment

we always take the boat that goes from mgm to epcot via boardwalk and yacht and beach club. It's alot of fun and a very nice ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuhio View Post
              It's been a while since I've been to Epcot, and I think I've only ever left World Showcase through the International Gateway near the France pavilion -- never the reverse.

So, my question is -- can someone who's a Disney resort guest, but not a guest at one of the Epcot resorts specifically (Beach Club, Yacht Club, Boardwalk Inn, Swan, Dolphin) enter the park through the International Gateway? My initial assumption is that anyone with a valid park ticket should be able to enter, but then I wondered whether they would not allow this so as to prevent people from parking for free in the Beach Club's lot and coming in the back way.

Put in context, I was thinking it might be faster to get from another park (say, the Studios or DAK) to the back end of World Showcase by taking a bus to the Beach Club and then walking in through the International Gateway, than by taking a bus to the front of Epcot and then walking all the way to the back.

Any advice or thoughts are appreciated!
              Originally posted by BoogaFrito View Post

I'm not sure how they limit parking at the Resorts. I know you're supposed to have a parking pass in your car window, but I'm not sure what they do if you don't have one or have one for a different hotel.

They (used to?) allow parking at the Boardwalk for non-resort guests.

Also, besides walking (10-20 mins), you can take a boat from the Studios to the Int'l Gateway...
              :whistling

Comment

Anyone with a valid ticket can enter through the International Gateway.
                That is our favorite entrance.

Comment

Originally posted by BoogaFrito View Post
                  You have to know the password and secret handshake though.

Comment

Don't non-resort people just have to pay to park there? (Yacht/Beach Club)

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
                      I'm not sure if they allow non-resort guests to park there, but if you have "reservations" at a restaurant at either of these resorts, you can park for free!

Comment

I've gone through the International Gateway many times and several times I was not a guest on the Epcot area hotels. Why not let anyone through those gates? It's a great way to get people to shop and eat in the Boardwalk and the hotels.
                        Check out these links:

www.ioacentral.com
                        www.youtube.com/barryh1972
                        www.myspace.com/barryhom
                        www.themeparkreview.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
                          I've gone through the International Gateway many times and several times I was not a guest on the Epcot area hotels.
                          The bouncer always keeps me from going in that way.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
                              Parking is free at all Disney Operated Resorts. Though you must have a reason for your visit to the resort. Parking is technically not allowed if you are going to a theme park from the resort. Not to say it's not done, but it's technically not allowed.
                              -Bill

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X