Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Laura's Sept 23-25 WDW "I was a dreams winner" Trip Report!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laura's Sept 23-25 WDW "I was a dreams winner" Trip Report!

Hmm, seems like only a month ago I was at the world! (well I was!)

Went for a shorter weekend Sept 23 - 25, stayed at my favorite Maingate East Howard Johnson's. Takes me no time at all to get to the parks.

Sunday Sept 23

Left early morning around 7am. Beautiful morning, drove watching the sun come up Arrived at the entrance to the MK at around 10:30am. I've never made it up to the parks around halloween time! Love the decorations!

Ok, first things first. First stop! Mansion!

After mansion (which is AWESOME!) I went over to Frontierland.

Summer and Evil...the 'Ad-lib' boardwalk

Wasn't this barrel...

But this one!

Just for Pengy! Frontierland panoramic!

Look it's time for Woody's Roundup!

Made my way over to Adventureland...

I make my way thru Adventureland, and who do i see??

This isn't my favorite "Mack" but he was ok. You'll see the other "Mack" later.

lol love this pic...expression is priceless. This was right at the end, when "Mack" is talking about the bounty on Jack's head.

After the show ended, wandered through Adventureland

I then got a phone call from agoofymouse that he and TrueBlueFairy (along with her kids) were on their way in to the park so we agreed to meet at VMK Central of all places

Once they arrived, we got lunch at Pinocchio's Village Haus, then we set out on the important business at hand! Turning in those final quests, and making our last in-park characters!

After we finished, we decided a pineapple float and some root beer floats were calling us. Here's my float (couldn't wait to get pic before i started on it hehe)

Afterwards we noticed the line to see Cap'n Jack wasn't too long, so we dropped in for a visit

(not the best captain jack, but he was ok)

Afterwards, we visited our favorite pirates in the Pirates of the Caribbean, did a little shopping, and then finally had to part ways

I made my way over to tomorrowland, and did some things there...

First, some Laugh Floor (yes I like it, ok??) heh, and I got on the first 'screen'. my caption was ' Subscribes to Monster Wear Weekly ' lol I was on the phone at the time so didn't see it until I noticed a bright light shining in my face...hehe. I ended up being seated next to 'That Guy'! lol.

Rained while I was in there Outside, making my way towards Buzz and Space Mountain...had to pass the Carousel

Oh skyway, how I miss thee...

Went on Space look ma! 10 min wait! (wasn't even that) Went on two times in a row!

Went on Buzz, here's my first try's score...

Next, went back through Adventureland and did Splash and Thunder

Afterwards, I wandered around some more, and got another panoramic.

Was starting to get dark by now...almost time for Wishes!

Wishes!

Oh, Wishes...
    Wishes

Day 2 coming up
    Last edited by cyre; 09-29-2007, 06:47 AM.

Re: Laura's Sept 23-25 WDW "I was a dreams winner" Trip Report!

Fantastic report! Looking forward to day 2.

Comment

great pics Laura!! Can't wait for the rest!!
      :ap: AP Holder. :ap:
      Stay at home mom of 4 - Austin, Tyler, Sierra and Ashlyn.

Comment

Day Two
        Sept 24

Epcot, AK, and MK.
        Did Behind the Seeds tour.

Started my morning at the Boardwalk for some breakfast

For some reason, it looks very blue here...

Good morning International Gateway!

Good morning beautiful!

I made my way over to The Land, where I made reservations for the first Behind the Seeds tour, then went on Soarin'.

I highly recommend the tour! It was very informative! We were taken behind the scenes, and shown lots of cool stuff We were a small group, so we each got to release ladybugs and feed the fish!

Pics:

First stop, the insect research area. They were raising insects to control the invasive insect population.

Here they're growing new plants from cells!

Into the gardens, with the Aquaponics(?) lol

We got to sample a piece of Cucumber and Tomato! Wowzers! They were good!

Mini pineapples!

Hydroponic Gro-Tank

Baby Gators!

These are called Vanilla Ice Cream bananas or something to the sort...

This was the end of the tour, and we received the little 'Magical Moment' cards for either feeding the fish or releasing the butterflies!

After the tour, I went over to The Seas to go find Nemo... On the way I stopped to say hello to Jimmybop and see if I could get times for the Nemo show over at AK. While doing so, I noticed the Dream Team loaded with duffle bags heading into the Nemo ride entrance area. I willed the lady helping me with times to hurry up, and after i got the times, I booked it into Nemo, and sure enough, they were giving out ears inside the queue. And I got one of the last three given out. There was a couple behind me, and a family with young kids behind them. The couple was nice enough to give their ears right away to the kids. Of course the dream team sees this and are all like "oh how magical" and shortly after, whisked them out of line and I'm guessing took them to the front of the line.

Look it's Dory!

Whoa, jellys!

In the biiiig blueee worrrld!

Went over to World Showcase Lagoon

After some Test Track and Club Cool, made my way over to Animal Kingdom.

Going towards the theatre, a different look at everest...

Didn't stay too long at AK. Got some lunch while waiting for Nemo. I did run into another Dream Teamer well actually i was kind of distance stocking her (lol), then she stopped at something and I kept walking. she came up behind me and asked me if I was a cast member, that I looked like a CM she knew. I had my dream ears on at this point, and she congratulated me on them. I told her where I got them, and how I was looking for someone to give them to bc it was an extra pair. She was all "oh that's so kind of you, here let me give you something", then she dug into her bag and pulled out this 2 pin card set thing. One was for me to keep, the other was to give away to someoen else for doing something 'magical'. Saw Finding Nemo, the Musical (2nd time seeing now). After it was over, I got up and started to leave, then realized i left my ears on my seat! I started to go back, and a man handed them to me. In return, I gave him the 'gift' pin and said to give it to his daughter or w/e.

The pin:

Back to MK! First stop, once again, more Mansion!

Leota!

Will be neat to see this effect when it's finished!

I do...I do...I did...

Went back over to tomorrowland for some more Space Mountain, and Buzz. here's my buzz score

After a yummy hot fudge sundae, it was time for...

It had been a while since i'd seen this show.

Day 3 coming up!

Comment

Day Three:
          Sept 25

Epcot, Studios, and MK

Didn't take as many pics today.

Started out at Epcot, where I was to meet Goofgeek at The Land to get fastpasses for Soarin'.

We went on Soarin' then the Land, then Test Track I believe. Went through a bit of World Showcase, then decided to go over to Studios for a bit.

At Studios, Rockin' Rollercoaster was closed, so we went on Tower, then caught some lunch, then Muppetvision Afterwards, we went over to the MK for the evening. I had to leave by at least 6:30 to make it home at a decent time.

But look, Streetmosphere! (the HSM parade was starting soon)

At MK

Can anyone tell me what this is going to be? It's over in frontierland, over by the French Fries stand.

And look, didn't I tell you we'd see more Jack and Mack?

I love these pics of Jack

Afterwards, we decided to go on pirates. Got a good pic of the Davy projection

We then went over to Tomorrowland, and did Buzz, and with some convincing, Space.

My score on Buzz:

Here is Goofgeek and I in front of the castle!

After, it was time for me to head home. I had a great time!

Look! Cows!

Goal for next trip: See Fantasmic!!

Hope you enjoyed my pictures!
          Last edited by cyre; 10-02-2007, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Love the pics...especially of Jack and the panoramic scenery views. Congrats on the Dreams wins!!
            :ap: AP Holder. :ap:
            Stay at home mom of 4 - Austin, Tyler, Sierra and Ashlyn.

Comment

thanks for the wonderful trip report! can't wait for my halloween trip!

Comment

awesome pictures!! I miss going to walt Disney World!1 I want to go so much!!!

Comment

Wonderful TR! I loved the panoramic pictures.

Comment

Thanks ya'll

I use a Kodak easy share M753 7MP. GREAT little camera!

Comment

Love the pics!
                      With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

Comment

Fun trip! Congrats on the dream!!!
                        sigpic
                        Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

You saw the GOOD Jack the 2nd time! I love that one..... *drool*

Glad you had a great time!

Comment

Nice pictures. Congrats on the Dreams.
                            me - 37
                            DH - 38
                            DS - 8
                            DS - 6
                            DD - 2

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                              You saw the GOOD Jack the 2nd time! I love that one..... *drool*

Glad you had a great time!

lol yanno, i was thinking it was the same guy both times...def different macks but both jacks were great!

Comment

You gonna be up that way Nov 3rd? I'm doing my last visit of the year then.

Comment

awesome pictures! i've never been to WDW during the fall only spring and christmas :l LOL
                                  ♥ "Don't care about all the pain in front of me
                                  'Cause I'm just trying to be happy." ♥

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                                    You gonna be up that way Nov 3rd? I'm doing my last visit of the year then.
                                    Hey, no I won't unfortunately, I'm planning on being there for another short trip Oct 22-23 for a late birthday trip (oct 14), then maybe in December, have to see how the finances are by then...have my big NYC trip in Dec.

Originally posted by PiG_GuRl View Post
                                    awesome pictures! i've never been to WDW during the fall only spring and christmas :l LOL
                                    Neither had I, but i'm glad I did! So nice...

Comment

Great TR cyre!! It was fun talking to you while you were in the parks. I can't wait to see the rest once goofgeek returns. And yes, that is a GREAT little camera you have. :cwink:

Comment

Originally posted by cyre View Post

*sigh* :love: Lucky, lucky girl! Loved the TR. Cute nail polish, btw.
                                        "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
                                        - Walt Disney

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X