Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Registrations

New user registrations are verified at least once per day. Thank you for your patience.
2 of 2 < >

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

French Quarter to Polynesian with no car?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• French Quarter to Polynesian with no car?

Good Morning WDW peeps,

On our night of arrival, we are going to be having dinner at 'Ohana.

Generally we would drive, but were not picking up our car until the following morning, so we have to use resort transportation.

What is the best way?

I was thinking to take the bus to the MK then the resort monorail to the Polynesian.

This will work fine for getting to the Polynesian I think, but our ressies are at 8:30 and I'm not sure how late the MK busses will be running.

So for the way back to the hotel, should we take a different route? I was thinking bus from the Polynesian to DtD then a DtD bus back to French Quarter. (This may actually be easier both ways).

Thoughts.

Re: French Quarter to Polynesian with no car?

Check to see what the MK hours are that night. It might be extra hours night or if it is this month it could be the halloween party night.

Comment

I would suggest taking the Boat to DTD then the Bus to the Polly. This option is open even if the MK is closed.
      Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
        Good Morning WDW peeps,

On our night of arrival, we are going to be having dinner at 'Ohana.

Generally we would drive, but were not picking up our car until the following morning, so we have to use resort transportation.

What is the best way?

I was thinking to take the bus to the MK then the resort monorail to the Polynesian.

This will work fine for getting to the Polynesian I think, but our ressies are at 8:30 and I'm not sure how late the MK busses will be running.

So for the way back to the hotel, should we take a different route? I was thinking bus from the Polynesian to DtD then a DtD bus back to French Quarter. (This may actually be easier both ways).

Thoughts.
        If the MK is open, the routes you listed are very easy. If not, you could always either...

Bus to Epcot, monorail to TTC, and walk or monorail to Polyensian (more time required then your proposed route though).

Bus or boat to DtD then bus to Poly. Actually the bus to DtD may be a little better, because the bus from the French Quarter lets you off where you pick up the bus to the Poly.

Back to the French Quarter, I believe your route to DtD many be best.

IHTH

CU@DL

Andy
        Last edited by CUatDL; 10-04-2007, 08:31 AM.
        -
        What is, is... What is not, is not.

Boom!

I don't ask for much... Just a few little things!

Extra effort yields extraordinary results!

Comment

I would do the bus to the MK and monorail if the park is open.
          Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
          I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
          on Bay Lake.

Comment

Or, you can invite one of the Central Florida Micechatters to dinner and they can drive you back and forth! :lol::thumbup: :lmao:

Comment

Well, at least you won't have luggage to worry about in that move! :lol:

Last August yoyo and I were resort hopping from Poly to FQ. We were misinformed of a BUS being available to FQ from TTC. We somehow believed that information was fishy too. Anyway, we took the monorail from Poly to MK where we took a bus to FQ. That's probably the most direct route especially since buses at DTD can be delayed and often fill up quickly.

I'm not sure about the bus schedule either, but if there are still guests in MK or they are still clearing the park the busses will still be running. I would check with a CM at the Poly (and hope you have better luck) just to be sure.

On a side note - ENJOY OHANA!! :cgrin:

Comment

I think it's a MNSSHP night (the 18th), so I guess either way would probably be fine.

Thanks for the tips everybody.

Comment

In July, we went from the POFQ to Ohana's via bus to MK and boat to Poly. If you have the time, it is a really neat trip with lots of opportunity to relax and take some great pictures. Anytime we have the opportunity to take a boat, we do it. A truly different experience then we have here in CA.

Comment

Bus to MK
                    you can take the resort boat or resort Monorail that will take three stop.

to Polynesian

the best to get back is Downtwon disney.

What I hear may not goto ttc for most of there bus.
                    or use MK to TTC and then to the Disney resort.

Or ask Resort bellhopp to call taxi that ok by disney
                    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day šoš 2010
                    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
                    Older photo
                    New Photo

Member of
                    MiceChat WDW Trip
                    Next trip
                    2014 Dec, 31

Comment

An option if you don't want to use Disney transportation is to take a cab. It will probably cost you around $10.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerren View Post
                        I would suggest taking the Boat to DTD then the Bus to the Polly. This option is open even if the MK is closed.
                        While this would work, it's by far the slowest option on this thread.

The boat from the Port Orleans resorts to DTD is lovely, but it is much slower than the bus from the PO resorts to DTD. Also, DTD buses are considered the slowest of all buses. Resort to park (and park to resort) buses generally run every 20 minutes or so, but DTD buses can seem to be about every 30 minutes or so.

The only way I'd use DTD as a transportation hub is if all other applicable theme parks are closed and DTD was my only available option.

Just my 2 cents ....

Comment

You can also take the first park bus that comes along, at the French Quarter, and then take the Polynesian Bus from that Park.
                          BarbaraAnn

Comment

Originally posted by CleveRocks View Post
                            While this would work, it's by far the slowest option on this thread.

The boat from the Port Orleans resorts to DTD is lovely, but it is much slower than the bus from the PO resorts to DTD. Also, DTD buses are considered the slowest of all buses. Resort to park (and park to resort) buses generally run every 20 minutes or so, but DTD buses can seem to be about every 30 minutes or so.

The only way I'd use DTD as a transportation hub is if all other applicable theme parks are closed and DTD was my only available option.

Just my 2 cents ....
                            I noticed that there is no direct Disney transportation from the theme parks to Downtown Disney and vice versa but they provide direct transportation for Water Parks-Theme Parks. Why is that?

Comment

Because people parked at DTD for free and rode the bus to the parks instead of parking in the park's lots.

The OP, I'd ride the bus to EPCOT (short ride from Port Orleans) and then monorail it to the TTC. Once there, you can either ride the resort line by hopping trains or just walk to the Poly from the TTC which is a hike but can be enjoyable if you're up to it. Since Epcot is open until at least 9, the monorails and buses will be working. Depending on when your dinner is done, you can either ride the same way back (and get a monorail trip around Epcot on the TTC->Epcot route) or bus from Poly to DTD then jump there. I don't know how late Monorails run, but Poly staff would know.

And people say that buses between hotels and DTD are slow, and they are while parks are open, but once everything else is closed there's nowhere else for people to go and buses start going to DTD more and more, I've found.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X