This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WDW Castle turned 90 degrees

This is a silly question really, but has anyone ever thought that the MK castle would look 1000x better if it was rotated 90 degrees so the eastern face was the view you got down Main Street? http://www.fifesnp.org/castle1.jpg I found this picture and I think the castle looks WAY more epic and majestic from that side and quite plain from the front. Am I alone on this one?

Re: WDW Castle turned 90 degrees

Nope, one of my favorite photos of the castle is this one I took.

Comment

That is a bee-ay-utiful picture!

Comment

What about turning it 180 degrees so that diners in Cinderella's Royal Table can see down Main Street while they dine?

Comment

If the angle of the picture in post # 1 is indeed the angle you want, then you're looking at a 45 degree rotation, not 90. I think it's fine as it is.

Comment

if it is not straight on then it does not invite you to walk through...and i think that is the point
            OLM!!!
            There is no better park than TDS

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by audibleatom View Post
              if it is not straight on then it does not invite you to walk through...and i think that is the point
              Yes, except for the Castle Show only helps to limit that feeling quite often. Other than that, I agree!

Comment

The story I heard is that the Imagineers couldn't come up with a castle that suited Walt, it went on for quite a while. They finally came up with this castle, only they were going to use the back of the castle as the front. When Walt started to say that he didn't like the castle, they quickly turned it around and he loved the other side.

Comment

Originally posted by SuiteDisney View Post
                  The story I heard is that the Imagineers couldn't come up with a castle that suited Walt, it went on for quite a while. They finally came up with this castle, only they were going to use the back of the castle as the front. When Walt started to say that he didn't like the castle, they quickly turned it around and he loved the other side.
                  Yes, for Disneyland's castle but they turned it so that it wouldn't resemble the castle it was modeled after so much.

Comment

I think the current front has a better central section than the side of the castle in the above photo...so for me I would leave it just the way it is. The castle is the only part of Fantasyland that I wouldn't want to change.
                    Down with the Hat

Comment

Originally posted by SuiteDisney View Post
                      They finally came up with this castle, only they were going to use the back of the castle as the front. When Walt started to say that he didn't like the castle, they quickly turned it around and he loved the other side.
                      From what I've read, they actually left the bottom half as is, and just turned around the top half to make what we have there today.

Comment

Castle east side, huh? I guess I'll repost this old photo from 2006.

It's lovely, but I like the Main Street view just the way it is.

Comment

I believe you want to turn the castle, 180 degrees, not 90.

Comment

I think the proposed angle (45 - 90 shift) makes the main spire appear to be too short. Then again, I never thought Cinderella Castle photographed well.

Comment

Originally posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
                              I believe you want to turn the castle, 180 degrees, not 90.
                              No, because then we would be looking at the back of the castle. From my understanding, the OP wants the side of the castle to be the front.

Comment

Why not just put the castle on continuous rotation, a la the Garden Grill Restaurant?

Comment

Originally posted by BoogaFrito View Post
                                  Why not just put the castle on continuous rotation, a la the Garden Grill Restaurant?

LOL That would be awesome, can you imagine dining at Cinderella's Royal Table, starting in Fantasyland and ending on Main Street.

Just saying..

Comment

That'd be fun. Kids and parents go into the Bibbidi, stay for a while, when they come out, they try to exit out the other side and find themselves where they started!

Comment

I suggest they hook the castle up to one of the train engines and just roll it along the perimeter of the park. You'd have to knock down some tunnels or raise them about 160 feet, but if your kid wants to go to the castle you just head to the nearest station and wait for it to roll up. Just imagine floating through the finale scene of Splash Mountain as the castle rolls by overhead!

If that won't do, maybe we can just use elevated rail. "In the future, you may find the CastleMover in your very own hometown!"

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X