This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dreamed of picking up trash!

I guess they are running out of ideas for Dream rewards.

We were at MGM walking down the Streets of America (?) when we spotted a couple of custodial-looking cast members organizing a basket of fruit they had spilled on the ground. It was a game-who can pick up the fruit the fastest. I helped my daughter and we had fun, but I had to laugh when she received a certificate at the end.

The certificate says: Across the miles and over the years, you'll always remember this Certifiable Magical Moment from the Walt Disney World Resort.

Picking up trash.)

Re: I dreamed of picking up trash!

That is so cute!

Comment

Unique prize, didn't see that one in the catalog!
      Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
      it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

The sad part is your daughter picked up more trash than most.

Comment

Is it wrong that I'm picturing a bunch of park executives being forced into playing this game? Maybe the winner gets a larger bonus or something?

Comment

LOL Now that is funny!
            Good morning, son
            In twenty years from now
            Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
            And I can tell you 'bout today
            And how I picked you up and everything changed
            It was pain
            Sunny days and rain
            I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jane2073 View Post

The certificate says: Across the miles and over the years, you'll always remember this Certifiable Magical Moment from the Walt Disney World Resort.

Picking up trash.)
              No, no no...Being a Jr. Showkeeper!!

Next week, the toilet scrubbing contest! (winner gets a golden toilet brush shaped like Mickey's head.)
              ------

------

Comment

I've seen them setting up a similar game in California Adventure once... It looked ridiculous, but I didn't stick around to watch.... but now I know its ridiculous.

Sorry, but I don't think that playing with trashclaws is particularly "magical."

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

The game was cute. Fun for the CM's too, I imagine.

But the certificate is ridiculous. I find the certificate and its wording to be cloying and smarmy and even annoying.

A certificate with the current marketing logo and color scheme proclaiming you just had a corporate-approved "Magical Moment" by doing something fun? That takes all the spontaneity and genuineness out of it, and turns it over to the Marketing Department to ruin and taint. Blech.

Comment

Originally posted by TP2000 View Post
                    The game was cute. Fun for the CM's too, I imagine.

But the certificate is ridiculous. I find the certificate and its wording to be cloying and smarmy and even annoying.

A certificate with the current marketing logo and color scheme proclaiming you just had a corporate-approved "Magical Moment" by doing something fun? That takes all the spontaneity and genuineness out of it, and turns it over to the Marketing Department to ruin and taint. Blech.

Those certificates have been out forever. I have 4 or 5 of them laying around. From pulling the sword out of the stone, to going in the Control Tower of Space Mountain, to Helping Check Guests in at PO:R. I think the first one we got was about 3 years ago.

I don't think they have anything to do with YOAMD, it's just something CM's can give out if they want to. My kids love them.

-dave
                    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
                    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Comment

Originally posted by jane2073 View Post
                      I guess they are running out of ideas for Dream rewards.

We were at MGM walking down the Streets of America (?) when we spotted a couple of custodial-looking cast members organizing a basket of fruit they had spilled on the ground. It was a game-who can pick up the fruit the fastest. I helped my daughter and we had fun, but I had to laugh when she received a certificate at the end.

Picking up trash.)
                      I welcome this idea. If parents can't teach their kids the rights and wrongs of being concious about sanitary things, such as cleanliness and the proper use of trashcans... then who will? Go Disney on this initiative. Now..if only management was more effective in teaching ALL cast members (regardless of position, or whether they are able to bend down physically due to their physiques) to be more concious about collecting discarded trash in the parks... that would be nice.

Comment

That is why Emily did so well. We do teach her to pick up her things!)

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X