Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MGM/MK - 10/14/07 - 55,000 people at MK?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MGM/MK - 10/14/07 - 55,000 people at MK?

For some crazy reason I got Saturday off, so where do I choose to spend my day, why Disney World of course!

Should you wish to see all the photos I took that day, please visit HERE.

I just noticed this billboard in Tampa as we hit I-4, I just had to share. LOL

The day was beautiful, the humidity low and a slight breeze welcomed us to..

With High School Musical off in the distance, my daughter started skipping with delight.

Since we just missed it, we headed over to Voyage of the Little Mermaid to kill some time.

Who knew waiting for HSM was like waiting for a parade. You had that group of people who held the rope for the front. They were group one.

We were in the front of group two and had to stand back until the float turns around, the CM kept saying, "Walk don't run." Repeating it over and over. LOL

We have to walk from here to that green carpet and trust that Johnny Come Tourist isn't going to bolt ahead and shove his kid in front of mine? I'll believe it when I see it. Thankfully, everyone behaved.

Yay for the front!

Here I wanted to try some close up action shots with my camera, here are the ones I liked.

I admit, I like the show and the music, it's catchy and I couldn't help singing along. I like how they bring the kids in and let them interract.

It was about lunch time at that point, so we headed over to the ABC Commissary for lunch!
    I had a Cuban sandwich with apples, while C went with chicken nuggets, grapes and applesauce.

While we were sitting there I noticed these photos. Let's play "Name that Show!" Can you tell what shows these are?

We stopped on Streets of America, the lights in full swing. It looks like it will be very beautiful, once they get them all up.

We ordered some ice cream and som cashews from this shady lady in the alley, I hope these nuts aren't laced with something.

While sitting on a bench watching the people go by I heard the best comment of the day.

A little boy says to his father (while on Streets of America), "Is this Downtown Disney dad?" Priceless...

To burn off that ice cream she just ate, we headed to Honey I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure.

I snapped some photos while C played around, it's kind of a scary place, so many places for the kids to get lost. I was very grateful they had so many CM's who man the attraction, I can see where this would be a problem.

Bug, Bleh!

This was something I hadn't seen before, the dog sniffs you every few minutes, complete with dog breath. :lol:

Afterwards I received a call from nbodyhome and she informed me she was enroute to the park. So we decided to head over to Muppets until she got there.

Whoa! I never noticed this, yeah, that could be painful. LOL

I love this building, it's full of fun things to look at.

Kermit's on a hat....Yo.

Speeder time!

Pushing Daisies!

After meeting up with Nbodyhome under the hat, we headed over to the Backlot Tour as she hadn't seen it in over ten years! We needed to change that.

This woman was enjoying herself, a little much I think. LOL

The Earful Tower.

When we exited I was excited to see Ugly Betty merchandise! I so want this shirt!

Thank you to Nbodyhome for taking time out of your day to hang out with me, I really enjoyed our conversation. You're a very nice person and I can't wait to see you again at Invasion! Sadly, the photo C took of us didn't come out so I didn't post it.

At that point we said our goodbyes as C and I were headed to MK!

Ciao MGM!

I was shocked to hear that MK was open until midnight, no Extra Magic Hours, nothing, just good old fashioned MK. YAY!

I found out later a little birdie told me that attendance was around 55,000. What?! Craziness!

I took this photo in the Emporium, I know the flash white washed most of it out but I think it added to the photo in this case. LOL

Stopped for dinner at Casey's, the corn dog nuggets were oh so tasty!

First stop, Pirates! (30 Minute wait)

Since BTM was closed and I wasn't about to get soaked, we grabbed a churro and headed for HM!

Along the way I ran into a friend and we stopped to catch the ferryboat for her last trip of the evening. Little did I know we would be able to go up top to the Captain's Quarters! C got to steer the ferry, she did a great job! Although if you see an article about a ferry slamming into Tom Sawyer's Island, you didn't read this.

Haunted Mansion was at a 20 minute wait, It's amazing to me how quickly the line moves when it's stretched out the door. Although they didn't have any lights on the Mansion so you really couldn't see it.

Next we went on its a small world, right time to miss the fireworks!

The koalas are back!

The fireworks were still in full swing, so we used this opportunity to go on Snow White as there was no line.

A trip to MK would not be complete without a stop at C's favorite attraction. Goofy's Barnstormer.

Donald's Boat wasn't open the last time we were there, it looks pretty with its new paint job.

I never noticed this sign in Toontown, incredibly cute!

Our last stop of the night was a double trip around Tomorrowland on the People Mover. It was just relaxing enough that C fell asleep around trip two. Guess it's time to go home now.

Bye Bye for now!

Re: MGM/MK - 10/14/07 - 55,000 people at MK?

Thanks for the TR Summer!!!

Comment

Nice TR Summer!! Can't wait to see you!!
      *When a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.

Comment

Thanks for the TR! See you in a week!
        - Larisa

Everybody neat and pretty? Then, on with the show! -MMC

:ap:

Comment

I can't believe Disney World parks have the same cups as Disneyland with a pink castle on them!!! How hard is it to actually have individual cups and labels for each resort?

Comment

Hee, hee, Summer. We keep going to the same park but on different days. Last time we went to Epcot on Friday and you went on Saturday. This time we went to MGM on Friday.

HSM2 is crazy. We tried three times before we could actually see the show. We had to get there 30min ahead of time to get a front row spot. Em loves the show!

Comment

Thanks for the report, Summer!
              <3 Chloe

Comment

Really nice report again, Summer! Thanks so much.

Comment

fun trip report!

Comment

Thanks for the TR Summer!
                    Good morning, son
                    In twenty years from now
                    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                    And I can tell you 'bout today
                    And how I picked you up and everything changed
                    It was pain
                    Sunny days and rain
                    I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

what a great TR summer .

thanks for sharing .
                      HKDL : Done !!!

Comment

That was fun meeting up!
                        Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
                        I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
                        on Bay Lake.

Comment

Originally posted by SummerInFL View Post
                          I love this building, it's full of fun things to look at.

Just as an FYI...that's a replica of the top of an actual skyscraper in New York City (minus the Muppet stuff, of course). It's the old Paramount Building at 43rd and Broadway. When I used to stay at the Marriott Marquis Hotel in Times Square...my rooms would often overlook it. See:

http://www.nyc-architecture.com/MID/MID110.htm

Because of the distinctive illuminated-from-within glass globe on top...some folks say it inspired (along with the Daily News building with its globe in the lobby) the "Daily Planet" of Superman fame.
                          Last edited by Opus1guy; 10-16-2007, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SummerInFL View Post
                            While we were sitting there I noticed these photos. Let's play "Name that Show!" Can you tell what shows these are?

I love/Loved those shows!

Family matters still comes on!
                            Whos the boss got kicked off Nick at nite though.
                            then Growing pains! isn't on no more.
                            Har har har

Comment

Originally posted by garbear View Post
                              I love/Loved those shows!
                              That's nice, but can you name which one of those shows featured my favorite female singer, Ms. DONNA SUMMER, as Aunt Una??

Comment

donna summer was in a sitcom?? wow didn't know that

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X