Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Disabled groups push Disney, SeaWorld to allow Segways - USA Today - 10/15/07

I don't think that Segways should be allowed in the parks with lots of guests around. I think managers often go too fast on them also, and need to slow down.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

Comment

Re: Disabled groups push Disney, SeaWorld to allow Segways - USA Today - 10/15/07

Check the thread that Flynnibus pointed out. Very interesting thread that discusses all the reasons why they should NOT be allowed!
      I for one, hope that the lawsuit fails, because Segways do NOT belong in the Parks. First and foremost, they are not manufactured and listed as a primary disabled device. They are sold by the company as a recreational device. Just think how the sales would plummet if they applied for and got permission to license them as a disablity device only. No more Segways for the masses!!!!!! Sorry, unless you are disabled (or faking it) you are not gonna be getting one. And, the other fact is that Disney is private property and they have the right to ban the use of them for the sake of LIABILITY. They do not want to put thousands of other people at risk of injury for the sake of a few Segway users. Wheelchairs and ECV's have long been the accepted standard and I see no reason to add yet another cumbersome wheeled vehicle into the Park. Ever try to get through Adventureland after Fantasmic? How in the heck are you gonna fit MORE wheeled devices in there. The lawsuit is frivolous and should be thrown out.
      It is NOT a violation of the ADA because of the reason stated above, The Segway is a recreational vehicle and is licensed and sold as one, NOT a disabled device. Period.
      susabelle
      p.s. Hubby and I are both disabled...we don't want to see Segway use in the Park!
      Last edited by Susabelle; 11-11-2007, 01:27 PM.

Comment

I'm glad this was brought back up. I just saw this on the CNN news ticker. It should be interesting to see how this suit plays through.

Disney is VERY MUCH safety focused. So even though their concern over guest and Cast Member safety might seem a bit extreme, it is quite valid as it directly links with one of the core values of the Disney parks.

I wonder what the ADA policy is on this?

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
        Working...
        X