X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haunted Mansion Attic Portraits *Mini Spoiler*

Hi Everyone,

Just got back from a week in WDW, and I tried a search to see if anyone posted this yet, so I'm sorry if it's old news...(don't read on if you don't want to know a single thing about any new effects - just to be careful!).

I rode HM 7 times during my stay, first time on October 6. I was excited to see the pictures in the attic are "working." The husband's heads appear and disappear, and they look awesome! Gotta tell you, Constance freaks me out! Just hearing that, "As long as we both shall live" and picturing that ax....*shiver*

I mentioned to the exit CM how cool they looked, and she replied that she hadn't ridden with that effect working yet, and she was looking forward to checking them out.

Went to MNSSHP on 10/11 and 10/12 and the CM's at Mansion were so into it...you could tell they were having a blast, and so was I! They also had a CM named "Renata" lounging around the grass by HM interacting with guests. Apparently, she is supposed to be one of the ballroom ghosts. She was pretty funny while I was in the short queue. Neat touch.

I'll get more info and pics in my TR...not sure when I'll get to it, though.
    Last edited by Sabres2006; 10-17-2007, 12:09 PM. Reason: Oops, wrong dates! Fixed them!
    "When entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." -Sam Eagle

"I may have invented these bifocals I'm wearing, but I can assure you they're not rose-colored" -Ben Franklin, The American Adventure

Re: Haunted Mansion Attic Portraits *Mini Spoiler*

Man, what a tease!
    I want my cake back!
    sigpic

Comment

i didnt see that effect working when I went back in early October.

"Since the dawn of recorded time, communication has revolutionized our lives and changed our world. We now have the ability and the responsability to build new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us. To create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth." - Jeremy Irons (Spaceship Earth)

Comment

Originally posted by EPCOT1982 View Post
        i didnt see that effect working when I went back in early October.
        The effect has been working for a couple of weeks or so now.
        Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
        I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
        on Bay Lake.

Comment

I saw that yesterday for the first time. Very cool to see the disappearing heads... appearing.

Comment

yahhh the pictures are working!!!! will get to see them this weekend and can't wait.

Comment

I can't wait to see this all for myself next weekend.

Comment

I'm being clueless--are the other shifting portraits, the ones that look like the DL queue portraits but transform in the flashes of lightning (the cat woman, the Gorgon, etc.) new to the rehab? Those look great, and I think the lightning effect is even better than the slow shift at DL.
                Latinists of the world, tempus consurgendum est! (And while you're at it, what's the typo in my username that I can't fix???)

Comment

Originally posted by Resaugenda View Post
                  I'm being clueless--are the other shifting portraits, the ones that look like the DL queue portraits but transform in the flashes of lightning (the cat woman, the Gorgon, etc.) new to the rehab? Those look great, and I think the lightning effect is even better than the slow shift at DL.
                  Yes - those are new to WDW's HM as well. Don't worry, you're not clueless !
                  "When entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." -Sam Eagle

"I may have invented these bifocals I'm wearing, but I can assure you they're not rose-colored" -Ben Franklin, The American Adventure

Comment

Originally posted by Resaugenda View Post
                    They had the same portraits before, but they didn't transform. Instead they had eyes that follow you. Much better now. The Disneyland show has also been changed and also flashes with the lightning instead of a slow shift back and forth.

The new effects at the Mansion in Florida are stunning!
                    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
                      They had the same portraits before, but they didn't transform. Instead they had eyes that follow you.
                      Some of those old portraits are now hanging on the wall next to the doombuggie boarding area.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabres2006 View Post

Went to MNSSHP on 10/11 and 10/12 and the CM's at Mansion were so into it...you could tell they were having a blast, and so was I! They also had a CM named "Renata" lounging around the grass by HM interacting with guests. Apparently, she is supposed to be one of the ballroom ghosts. She was pretty funny while I was in the short queue. Neat touch.
                        When we went to MNSSHP last week all of the CM's had their makeup and hair done up kinda zombie-like. At the end of the ride one of them yelled "Get Out!!" to the people leaving the mansion. It was hillarious :lol:because you could tell they were all getting into their parts.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                          Some of those old portraits are now hanging on the wall next to the doombuggie boarding area.
                          All of them are accounted for now. There's the four above the load dock, three just as you exit the Stretch Room in the queue hall, two on that staircase before the portrait hall, and the lady with the eyeglasses and cat just before the Attic. Plus there's the Medusa that was switched for her changing counterpart.
                          M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E
                          sigpic
                          Flickr

Comment

Look out for CM Paul, who's a great butler. Not one smile.
                            Latinists of the world, tempus consurgendum est! (And while you're at it, what's the typo in my username that I can't fix???)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X