This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Christmas at Disney World

Well if it's Typhoon Lagoon this year, it will likely be Blizzard Beach next year, which works out brilliantly for us because we prefer Lagoon.

You've worried me about the mass crowds thing. I mean, I expected it to be busier then usual but... jeez. Will it be a shock to the system for someone who only goes mid October?
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

Comment

Originally posted by Speedway View Post

You've worried me about the mass crowds thing. I mean, I expected it to be busier then usual but... jeez. Will it be a shock to the system for someone who only goes mid October?
      I don't think so. I know people who only can go at that time frame, and sometimes go for a week or two. Mid October seems almost as crowded now! I would plan the trip out a little, to not hit the crowds as hard.
      Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
      I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
      on Bay Lake.

Comment

In both 04 and 05 during early Dec Typhoon Lagoon (closed mid Dec) was open while Blizzard Beach was closed (reopened mid Dec). It looks like they switched the rehab schedule this year so you never know which one may be closed next year.

Comment

Just wanted to put in my two cents. This used to be the case but I am not sure if it has changed. I thought that even when they 'closed' the parks they still guaranteed entry to WDW Resort Guest using the Disney Transportation system.

Am I losing my mind or is this still correct? Not that I would ever want to intentionally go when it is busy but some of us Canucks occasionally forget about American holidays (President's Day, Indpendance Day) and book our vacations so end up there at busier times.

Comment

Originally posted by perfectparanoia View Post
            Just wanted to put in my two cents. This used to be the case but I am not sure if it has changed. I thought that even when they 'closed' the parks they still guaranteed entry to WDW Resort Guest using the Disney Transportation system.
            Closure is based on reaching Park crowd capacity, it doesn't matter if you stay on property or not, if they have reached their crowd quota for the day, no one else will be admitted.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
            Working...
            X