This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The END of the MK

Just in time for Halloween, we bring you this TERRIFYING news. The man in charge of MK Merch, is now VP of ALL MK OPS!!! Yes, the man who brought you WalMart on Mainstreet West, pin shops in Frontierland, JonBent Boutiques in the Castle, and Pirates in at the HM cart, is in charge of the WAY MK is RUN!! And where have we seen Merch ppl run park ops before? This is very scary news and ruins any chance of MK to redeem itself under the huge rehabs to the Big 5.

Re: The END of the MK

Ewwwww. This is not good. Most of the merch at the MK even stinks. Suppose this means that the pirate stealing hats in PotC will now be selling them to the guests as they glide by in their boat.

-Justin

Comment

Dan Cockerell, hmm...
      sigpic

Originally posted by Phonedave
      Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Comment

Originally posted by WDW Monorail View Post
        Dan Cockerell, hmm...
        Exactly.

While we have seen merch people run the parks in the past, Dan does have some history in a number of locations throughout the resort. He started out in the parking lot, so if you want to get technical JCSkipr79 you could say that someone from the parking lot will now be running MK Ops. But the bigger picture is this, he's the son of former VP or Operations, Lee Cockerell. It might be safe to assume he has learned a thing or two from dad, at least about time management. Hopefully that knowledge will only continue to grow.

That's how I'm looking at it. But then again, maybe I'm being a bit too optimistic about this.

Comment

and if i remember right he started on the college program

Comment

Omg! Omg!

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
              Omg! Omg!
              TDLFAN - you had something to do with this, yes? :-D I know you caused the SE delay, I'm assuming you are at least somewhat responsible for the end of the MK as we know it!
              Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
              I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
              on Bay Lake.

Comment

Denise... DLP was a lot of fun on Sunday. That's all I have to say.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                  Denise... DLP was a lot of fun on Sunday. That's all I have to say.
                  I'm jealous - but even so that you were in PARIS itself. I need to start saving for my next trip.
                  Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

You don't only find pirates stuff near Mansion. It's EVERYWHERE, in EVERY park. It's really quite sad to be in AK and not find much AK merchandise, but you can find Pirates and HM stuff EVERYWHERE.

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
                      You don't only find pirates stuff near Mansion. It's EVERYWHERE, in EVERY park. It's really quite sad to be in AK and not find much AK merchandise, but you can find Pirates and HM stuff EVERYWHERE.

And of course, you can find LOST merchandise at the Tower of Terror. I don't get that one!
                      Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

That is my gripe.. Hannah Montana, Lost, and Billy Rae Cyrrus CDs have NO place at WDW. This is not Walt's Disney Channel World for heaven sakes! I have the cross promotion paradise the Disney parks have become.

Comment

I don't mind Hannah Montana, LOST, Billy Ray, HSM, etc at the Studios park. This I can kind of understand (although LOST in Tower Store ... yeah, makes no sense). But some of the other stores in that park, I get it.

But we saw Pirates and HM stuff in AK and EPCOT, this makes absolutely no sense especially when there is a SEVERE lack of park-specific merchandise. Especially for MGM and AK. You have a HUGELY popular Beauty and the Beast show, but NO merchandise? HELLO!!!!

Plus, come on, how about a new EPCOT hat. I loved the retro one, but I wouldn't wear it so I didn't buy it. I already have the grey/black one and would have GLADLY bought another one if they had something new. As it was I just bought a Canada hat.

And HELLO, how about more of the retro EPCOT stuff. One of the store CM's in MouseGear told me that they retro EPCOT shirts in XL sold out the morning of the 1st, yet they have ALOT of Sm/Med left. If they are THAT popular, make some more freaking shirts people!!!

Comment

I don't mind Hannah Montana, LOST, Billy Ray, HSM, etc at the Studios park. This I can kind of understand (although LOST in Tower Store ... yeah, makes no sense). But some of the other stores in that park, I get it.
                            It was the Tower store part that bothered me. I would also prefer to see park, resort, and ride specific merchandise, and not the same stuff everywhere. Not that I buy it in the parks, I buy it at the outlets. But seeing items that don't fit thematically doesn't make sense to me. And really, I don't understand why they sell so much that can be found in Wal Mart and Amazon.com (including Hannah Montana). The main store in MGM seems like a big High School Musical store now.
                            Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

We always make it a point, while at WDW we don't buy ANYTHING that doesn't say "Walt Disney World" or "Magic Kingdom" or "EPCOT", etc, etc.

Next time we go, I think we may have to make a point to go to the outlets.

Comment

We always make it a point, while at WDW we don't buy ANYTHING that doesn't say "Walt Disney World" or "Magic Kingdom" or "EPCOT", etc, etc.

Next time we go, I think we may have to make a point to go to the outlets.
                                Have you been? I so rarely buy anything in the parks at full price - I did get my blue Epcot shirt at full price, and my parents bought me a couple of things at Fort Wilderness that I don't know will ever get discounted. But overall, I love getting 50 - 75% off. My favorite jacket is a denim jacket with Mickey studded on the back, normally $84.00, I paid $21.99.

Once I found the outlets 10 or so years ago, I've never looked back.
                                Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

Originally posted by bluejayx View Post
                                  and if i remember right he started on the college program
                                  Yes, he is also an almuni of the Disney College Program.

Comment

Originally posted by nbodyhome View Post
                                    Have you been?
                                    No, we haven't been.

We are still weighing our options for our anniversary in December. One option being WDW (or Vegas, or a Cruise) so if we do go we will try to hit the outlet one day for some Christmas shopping.

Comment

Originally posted by nbodyhome View Post
                                      It was the Tower store part that bothered me..
                                      Yep, but there's nothing I want to do more after I've been on the tower of terror than to buy Hanna Montana merchandise :blink:

I agree that Pirates merchandise has no place in AK or Epcot, that main st. usa should go back to having a real cinema and arcade, etc. and not just store fronts

Edit: I think it's especially troubling since even if the family isn't going back to MK for pirates merchandise they can just as easily go to Downtown Disney and buy most of the general stuff anyway with no park admission required.
                                      My Blog: http://imagineeringmind.wordpress.com

Parks Visited: MK - EPCOT - DHS - DAK - DL - DCA - HKDL - TDL - TDS

Comment

Originally posted by WDW Monorail View Post
                                        Dan Cockerell, hmm...
                                        I want to say that I have worked for Dan, when he was GM at Disney's All Star Resort, and I have had lots of friends who have worked for him, and I want to say that I think that there is no better person to be in charge or Park Operations! He is incredibly attentive to his Cast Members, always paying attention to the smallest details, at the All Star he would always ride a bike everywhere instead of driving a golf cart! He was never afraid of getting his hands 'dirty' with guests or Cast Members!

Everyone on MiceChat should be excited that someone so dedicated to the company and the Magic is taking the wheel at MK!

I am very excited to see this! Go Dan!
                                        Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X