This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back from WDW!!

Hi everyone! Just letting you know that I got back from WDW yesterday, 400 dollars lighter and with a terrible cold/flu. (I guess the sprinkly weather and warm switchoffs wreaked havoc on this New Englander).

It was so much fun. I also got to see MNSSHP, which I liked better than Universal's Halloween horror night!

And everyone loved seeing my dad, who is a professional Santa! (If you were in the parks this past week and saw Santa, that was my dad!!)

Re: Back from WDW!!

Glad you had a great time! I didn't see any Santas this weekend. Hopefully you get better from the flu soon. It isn't unusual for me to get sick to/from or on a trip - I think it's just often from the plane flight. I was glad this past trip that I had a sinus infection in Paris, as opposed to at home (where it would have cost me more to treat, even with insurance!)
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

Comment

Originally posted by nbodyhome View Post
      Glad you had a great time! I didn't see any Santas this weekend. Hopefully you get better from the flu soon. It isn't unusual for me to get sick to/from or on a trip - I think it's just often from the plane flight. I was glad this past trip that I had a sinus infection in Paris, as opposed to at home (where it would have cost me more to treat, even with insurance!)

Comment

Comment

I usually try to boost up with Airborne or Relacore both have like 5000% vitamin C for at least a few days before a trip. Usually I don't have any problems but whenever I go to AK there's some flower there that does me in if I don't take a nasal antihistamine spray every time.
          Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

Hi!

I actually prefer flying Virgin (or British Airways) to London, they seem to be on top of anything.

I have had so many sinus infections, and tend to get them after I fly somewhere. You are right about the price of care - though some walk-in centers aren't quite so pricey. When I was in Paris, the owners of the hotel I stayed at called a doctor down the street (not a clinic), and I had an appt. an hour later. The bill was about $30US (maybe $35US), and my meds were very cheap. I was glad it happened in Paris!
            Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
            I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
            on Bay Lake.

Comment

I have had so many sinus infections, and tend to get them after I fly somewhere.
              I don't know if you can get it over there but here in the health food shop i buy a herbal remedy called Echinacea and i take that all through the autumn and winter months and a couple of weeks before a flight and all through my trip. Since i have been taking it i hardly ever get a cold or flu anymore where i used to be prone to colds. They say it more than halfs the risks of getting a cold so if it is available to you and it's something you've never tried it could help avoid getting sinus infections. Taking vitamin c might help too

Comment

I agree on the Brit thing. There were tons of them!! (I love British accents so I was in heaven). There were also random people asking my Dad for autographs and pictures.. I wonder if they thought he worked there.

We're all really sick right now, should have doubled up on the airborne.. but seriously, the last time I got sick at Disney was because there was a swamp near our hotel and it just messed with my voice (I was on a chorus trip... not a good thing).

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                Working...
                X