• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MJMcB
    replied
    Re: Pal Mickey [and Figaro Fries]

Originally posted by Viking16 View Post
    Hey all I just saw PAL MICKEY I WANT ONE. But my question is are they worth it and should I wait till my trip to WDW in may to buy one?
    I actually wrote a review for this thing on Mouse Extra which I'll link here
    http://www.mouseextra.com/2007/01/02...cash/#comments
    Basically I have to say no, its not worth it.

Leave a comment:

• toonaspie
    replied

PalMickey sounded like an evil marketing ploy to me but after realizing that he can say random things on rides...it makes me wish that I had $70 to blow

Leave a comment:

• seenoevil
    replied

FF- I had them for the first time in June and I learned of them from this forum too. Delicious!

PM- He has a "tourist" outfit, pirate outfit, raingear and the Christmas outfit. The only one I'm missing is the Christmas one. Maybe this year I'll find it.

Leave a comment:

• Sabres2006
    replied

Originally posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    Yup you can get them w/o anything. We watched them make ours before our very eyes. (oooooh)
    I actually don't like raw tomato either but I had to had them pure the first time )
    Wow, I had never heard of Figaro Fries until becoming an MC member, and I'm so glad I did! They're so small on the sign, who'd ever see them?

They were either $3.09 or $3.19 (I get extra FF Ranch myself - no extra cost....such a glutton :blush. I ate them for lunch during my trip last month at about 1pm and was not even remotely hungry until 7:30 - that's a cheap (and delicious) meal!

I'm sure they wouldn't taste the same if you tried to re-create them at home...has anyone tried?

Leave a comment:

• scrappydawg
    replied

Pal Mickey sounds great. So he's only at WDW and not Disneyland? Does anyone know if they plan to have him at Disneyland.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Phonedave
    replied

Originally posted by AlwysL8 View Post
    And those fries look good, I am putting it on my list of must do's!!!

I forget the exact price of the Figaro Fries - around $3-4 or so, and at that price they are just about the best calories to dollars ratio of any food in WDW

Of course, are they good calories? Oh ha ha ha ha, not on your life. But they are tasty, filling, and not $8 either.

And if you do eat tomatoes, at least you get some veggies (fruit)

-dave

Leave a comment:

• mousercise
    replied

Originally posted by ti2gr View Post
    I love my Pal Mickey's Yes I have 3 of them The original one ( just the red shorts), the Happiest Celebration one (The Black Tuxedo) and the current one (Sorcerer Mickey). I even bought the pirate and Santa Costumes for them.
    They have a Santa Costume! I must have it

Leave a comment:

• wolfy
    replied

Darn....meant to get Figaro Fries last week and completely forgot! Guess I'll just have to go back next year (this time with a note pinned to my shirt)!

Leave a comment:

• NeverNeverland
    replied

Originally posted by aimster View Post
    Can you get Figaro Fries without tomato? I'm one of those freaks that HATES raw tomato.
    Yup you can get them w/o anything. We watched them make ours before our very eyes. (oooooh)
    I actually don't like raw tomato either but I had to had them pure the first time )

Leave a comment:

• ti2gr
    replied

I love my Pal Mickey's Yes I have 3 of them The original one ( just the red shorts), the Happiest Celebration one (The Black Tuxedo) and the current one (Sorcerer Mickey). I even bought the pirate and Santa Costumes for them.

I always take hime with me to the parks . I took him on Tower of Terror once and after the ride he said it was a great ride, but next time can we sit in the back row and not the front. I have gotten in line at Splash Mountain and he reminded me he doesn't like to get wet. Occasionally he will tell me about short wait times at rides like Buzz Lightyear or Dumbo.

When other people in line see him they ask questions and usually are so enthralled by him that I think they go and get one. When he first came out, you, could rent him for the day, but most people ended up keeping him, that they stopped renting him out. The way it worked is that you paid a "deposit" on him of the full price. If you wanted to keep him, just take him home, if you didn't want to keep him, just return him and your deposit was refunded minus the rental fee. I know more than 80 or 90% of the people kept him, so they stopped the rental program altogether.

He can be a lot of fun, but like others said he is chatty, but again you can always ignore him or turn him off. In quiet areas it's fun to see other guests reactions when he goes off.

Leave a comment:

• aimster
    replied

Can you get Figaro Fries without tomato? I'm one of those freaks that HATES raw tomato.

Leave a comment:

• AlwysL8
    replied

Okay I have to have one! I don't care if he's overpriced, heavy or get's annoying at times, I just have to have one before my first trip!

And those fries look good, I am putting it on my list of must do's!!!

Leave a comment:

• Viking16
    replied

Thanks everyone your all great

Leave a comment:

• tayakaleb
    replied

Fries are at Pinocchio's Village Haus, next to Small World!

Leave a comment:

• cyre
    replied
    Re: Pal Mickey

Originally posted by PretzelSouls View Post
    Awwww man! I was critisizing cyre about being mean to Figaro fries - I thought she meant cutting up Figaro the cat and turning him into fries!
    :lol: see, they do exist!

Originally posted by mousercise View Post
    I love my pal Mickey it's so cute. Like others have said it does get heavy so I ended up attaching him to a lanyard and left him at the hotel on the hottest day of the week.

There were a couple of times he had something to say during a ride. I think there's actually a sensor in the Haunted Mansion as you enter the ballroom. Also, for some reason he was going nuts during the Carousel of Progress. Had to turn him off in there.

He didn't give ride wait times but he occasionally had interesting facts about the rides and buildings.
    I'd swear he went off one time while i was on the actual mansion ride itself...I think it was in the ballroom scene...he said said something like "oh, i'm scared". Was quite the amusement.

Originally posted by ghosty4 View Post
    I forgot to take my Pal Mickey the last time I went to WDW, so to make it up to him I bought him the Pirate outfit and the Rain Poncho.

I think he's ADORABLE and not annoying at all!
    I have the pirate outfit as well, but it needs pants! :lol:

I can agree with those saying he's annoying to carry around...I had him with me during one of my earlier summer trips, and by later in the day, he was stuffed in my bag. Also, his clip and sorcerer ears broke, but a really nice CM replaced both for free for me!

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied

Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
    I don't think they have Pal Mickey at Disneyland. But you should be able to order one through
    WDW merchandising at 1-407-363-6200

Just tell them what you are looking for and you can purchase it over the phone.
    Dusty, Pal Mickey can sometimes be found at the Character Warehouse stores for half the price they charge at the park. But you have to hit the Outlets at the right time.. which can be...tough.

Leave a comment:

• ghosty4
    replied

I forgot to take my Pal Mickey the last time I went to WDW, so to make it up to him I bought him the Pirate outfit and the Rain Poncho.

I think he's ADORABLE and not annoying at all!

Leave a comment:

• mousercise
    replied

I love my pal Mickey it's so cute. Like others have said it does get heavy so I ended up attaching him to a lanyard and left him at the hotel on the hottest day of the week.

There were a couple of times he had something to say during a ride. I think there's actually a sensor in the Haunted Mansion as you enter the ballroom. Also, for some reason he was going nuts during the Carousel of Progress. Had to turn him off in there.

He didn't give ride wait times but he occasionally had interesting facts about the rides and buildings.

Leave a comment:

• Viking16
    replied

So buy a Pal Mickey check. And where do I find Figaro Fries? I wanna try them and they don't look gross they look good.

Leave a comment:

• MsSarah
    replied

Awwww man! I was critisizing cyre about being mean to Figaro fries - I thought she meant cutting up Figaro the cat and turning him into fries!

Originally posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    Pal Mickey I know little about.

But Figaro Fries (correct spelling) I can tell you ALLLLL about.
    They look gross but are deilcious.

They are fries, tomatoes, cheese sauce, lettuce and bacon topped with ranch dressing.
    So. Delicious!

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X