Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Photomatt Pics - WDW MK 11.02.07 - MNSSHP (Part 2)

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Photomatt Pics - WDW MK 11.02.07 - MNSSHP (Part 2)

Those photos are amazing.

Comment

They even have a Kanga character on the Pooh float

Comment

ok I just want to know how you did the pictures of the people in mainstreet. Really cool and interesting. are you professional photographer? just wondering because you are really talented.

Comment

Thanks for the compliments.

I am not a professional. I asked for a camera for Christmas when I was 15 (back in 1985 - lol). Not knowing what I really wanted, my mom was going to get me a Canon SureShot (or similar). She called a friend while she was at Fedco (yes, THAT'S going to bring back memories for some Californians), and asked for a second opinion. Fortunately for me that friend talked her into getting me a Nikon N2000, a real SLR camera. I took pictures constantly and started going on parades with the high school band and drill team. One day, on the way back home from a weekend competition in San Diego, I was taking pictures and one of the girls called me PhotoMatt and the name just stuck. I started my own business during my Junior year. I went to all the parades for the year and the trip to Hawaii. At the end of the year I put together an album and sold pictures.

I ended up selling my cameras back in the late 80's and did not have any camera at all until 2001. I was on "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" and won $16,000. I used part of that money to buy another Nikon. This time it was a Nikon F5 - the top of the line Nikon film camera at that time. I used it a little, but not as much as I did in the 80's. I decided to try video, but I did not like it as much as photography. In April of this year, the price was finally right and I bought a Nikon D200, my first digital SLR camera. I instantly fell in love with it, and I have taken thousands and thousands of pictures with it. If you do a search for "Photomatt" you can see what I mean.

I realize that was alot more info than you probably wanted, but that is the brief version of my story.

Oh, and as for the pix on Main Street - I just leave the shutter open for 30 seconds and make the lens opening as small as possible. Anything that moves will disappear. In the pictures where you see more people, the shutter was open less time and the lens was open more.

Comment

As always, awesome pictures. Also, it was nice meeting you in FL.

Comment

Wow! Great pics!
              I want my cake back!
              sigpic

Comment

you take such amazing fireworks pictures!!

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoMatt View Post

Far from the frenzy of the frantic world above.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X