Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Registrations

All new user registrations require email verification. Please make sure that micechat.com is not blocked. Approvals are done at least once per day, but they can't be done for accounts that have not verified their email address.
2 of 2 < >

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Confessions of a Theme Park Worker- new Youtube channel

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confessions of a Theme Park Worker- new Youtube channel

It's been a while since I've posted here, so hope this is ok. Mods, if it's not, please let me know. Thanks!

Used to work at Walt Disney World with Photopass, as well as Busch Gardens Tampa and Silver Dollar City. With 10 years I got lots of stories and stuff, so my family and friends have encouraged me to start putting some of them together into videos. Finally did it. I've got 3 I posted up today, one Disney specific, and I'll have another Disney one going up Weds or Thurs that talks about some of the silly questions I used to get from guests (how can you ever forget some of them?!)

You can see the Disney one at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBYHiLapGqY

I'd love it if you took a look and gave me your feedback and suggestions. It's new, so there's a lot to improve on and do, I'm sure. And if you like it, spread the word. If you don't, let me know why. Thanks!

SirWillow

A lot of content creators stop by MiceChat to promote their work. Most of the time it is shameless promotion of less than average content with very little work behind.

This is absolutely NOT one of those.

SirWillow here has already posted some really good stories to his brand new YouTube channel, and he has the attitude of a cast member that is very friendly and out going. I enjoyed the three videos I saw, and genuinely feel like it is content MiceChatters will enjoy as well.

Here is one of my favorites so far were he talks about the Utilidor, and clearly describes a path that leads from Main Street to the Photo Pass cast members area underground.

sirwillow, I hope we see more of you around here, and I am looking forward to more tales!
    Last edited by PlutoHasFleas; 06-01-2016, 03:44 PM.

Approximately 1.2% of the posts in the Walt Disney World Resort MiceChat forum have been contributed by PlutoHasFleas

Comment

Wow, thank you. You'll make a grown man blush with a review like that. I so appreciate it.

Newest episode is up, and I hope it's one you'll enjoy. Silly questions and comments from guests at the park as seen through a cast member
      https://youtu.be/K4nezmvaWME

Again, I'd love feedback, comments, suggestions. If you like it, please "like" it, share it, and/or subscribe.
      I'll have more next week (with a new, much better backdrop). Planning on one sharing stories of make a wish and special guests.
      Last edited by sirwillow; 06-14-2016, 09:20 AM. Reason: tried to correct link to embed the video

Comment

Newest episode is coming online now- When Wild Animals Strike (or at Least Show Up) at a Theme Park. All three of the parks I worked at get mentioned and talked about in this one.
        https://youtu.be/M43a0EgsmXM

Right now my plan is for at least 2, and hopefully 3 episodes each week, all between 2 1/2 and 5 minutes long, depending on what I'm talking about and how in depth I get. Hope people are enjoying them. Let me know what you think either way- good, bad, ugly, not particularly caring either way... I'd love the feedback. Really.

Comment

As a PhotoPass CM, what was the weirdest thing guests asked you to photograph?

What do you know about the bird getting run over on Rhino Rally?

Were you a rally driver before or after the water portion of the ride was shut down?

Have you ever been in Magic Kingdom by yourself?

Have you ever seen something at Magic Kingdom that was sad or brought tears to your eyes?

Have you ever seen a fist fight while working at a theme park?

Have you ever seen a co-worker loose it or do something appalling at work?

What is the best way a guest could interact with a PhotoPass CM?

Along the same lines as describing the path to the Main St. utilidor entrance, is there anything else that you could describe that is off-limits to guests? The more detail the better.

Actually, how much more detail can you give on the path to the utilidor on Main St.? You said little alleyway in your video, which is perfect to the average WDW fan, but for those of us who know a lot, what door do CMs use to access the utilidor?

I'm sure I will think of more, but hopefully this sparks ideas with other MiceChatters and some more questions come in.

Approximately 1.2% of the posts in the Walt Disney World Resort MiceChat forum have been contributed by PlutoHasFleas

Comment

Originally posted by PlutoHasFleas View Post
            As a PhotoPass CM, what was the weirdest thing guests asked you to photograph? That one is on my list of topics

What do you know about the bird getting run over on Rhino Rally? Sadly nothing. must be a different time.

Were you a rally driver before or after the water portion of the ride was shut down? 10 years ago, so definitely water. somewhere along the line I'll have a couple of stories about that

Have you ever been in Magic Kingdom by yourself? Yes, and it's really pretty neat to see it so quiet. Might have to do something on that at some point. Thanks for the idea.

Have you ever seen something at Magic Kingdom that was sad or brought tears to your eyes? All the time. One of mine this week will talk about a couple of those times.

Have you ever seen a fist fight while working at a theme park? Somehow in 10 years I was lucky enough to miss those. Saw the results and had lots of co-workers deal with them though.

Have you ever seen a co-worker loose it or do something appalling at work? Oh yeah, but trying to figure out which of those stories I could tell appropriately.

What is the best way a guest could interact with a PhotoPass CM? Not quite sure what you're asking on that one. Friendly? Most of us/ them just love an opportunity to make someone happy and do something to help make their day better. So giving an opportunity without being "greedy" if you know what I mean?

Along the same lines as describing the path to the Main St. utilidor entrance, is there anything else that you could describe that is off-limits to guests? The more detail the better. [/b] There will definitely be some of those. I've got a couple I'm scripting about what it's like to arrive to work at each of the parks. Might take a couple of different videos for that. Would that be interesting to you? [/b]

Actually, how much more detail can you give on the path to the utilidor on Main St.? You said little alleyway in your video, which is perfect to the average WDW fan, but for those of us who know a lot, what door do CMs use to access the utilidor? Lots of them. But I don't know that I can give any more details on that then what is already out there. There are some great maps of them, as well as where doors are and even some photos of some of the doors if you look. So I don't know that I could give anything different or new on what's out there already.

I'm sure I will think of more, but hopefully this sparks ideas with other MiceChatters and some more questions come in.
            Thanks so much for the input. Right now my list of ideas for future topics runs about 2 pages of one or two line ideas. So I've got a lot. A lot of it will just be time and can I do it in a way that I think is entertaining/ informative. My first one I was working on this week I ended up scrapping to redo because I just wasn't satisfied with how it was coming out (to much unnecessary background and not enough story) But I really appreciate the ideas and hope you're enjoying what I've got so far.

Comment

The newest episode is up. This one is about moments with some sick and Make a Wish kids. Hope you enjoy it. https://youtu.be/EK6qLz0DAgw
              Thanks again for your feedback, likes, and shares. I really appreciate it.

Comment

Episode 7 has now gone live- funny moments with some of the Disney characters, including Donald, Goofy, Pluto and our favorite chipmunks.

https://youtu.be/S4yeWuBQR_Y

Comment

My favorite one so far!

The CM library sounds like the coolest place ever! I want to know what books are down there, I have to see for myself!

Comment

Thanks for the good word! And you beat me to the punch of posting it. Hope y'all enjoy it.

Comment

The newest episode (number 10- I didn't get to post a link to the last one since I was at camp) just went live- for those wondering how to thank a cast member when they've done something special (and special ways that guests showed me their appreciation) https://youtu.be/tW6xYEU2QiM
                      Last edited by sirwillow; 06-23-2016, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sirwillow View Post
                        The newest episode (number 10- I didn't get to post a link to the last one since I was at camp) just went live- for those wondering how to thank a cast member when they've done something special (and special ways that guests showed me their appreciation)
                        Great episode!

I was wondering if you could talk us through a full day working at Magic Kingdom as a PhotoPass castmember in a future episode. From the time you step out of your car until the time you get back in your car. That would be cool!

Comment

Newest episode is up, special just for Independence Day. Hope you enjoy it.

Pluto- interesting idea on a work day walk through. I'll have to think about it and see if I can come up with a way to make it interesting, what to include and not to include.

Comment

Newest episode is here, with some tricks that I used to survive during the hottest days of summer. I'd love to hear your tips and tricks as well:

Comment

Newest one may be a bit more fun for you. From my days as a Photopass Photographer at Disney World, my favorite and not-so-favorite locations to be a photographer around the property.

Hope you enjoy. I'd love your feedback and comments (and if you're enjoying them, please, please "like"/ share them. Thanks!)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X