X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cmash95
    replied
    Re: Christmas parade taping?

jessica simpson kept forgetting her timimg and they had to do several takes of her. patty label still has an awsome voice. because of the misty weather the taping ran overtime and they had to postpone the afternoon parade twice. all in all two very long days but got to see lots of celebritities.

Leave a comment:

• Crystal2485
    replied

sorry for taking so long to come back to the thread. My friend and I went and when we arrived were told that tickets were NOT needed for your guests! I was mad to say the least, after recieving an email stating that they did need tickets, thankfully I never told the people that I signed up because I didnt want to let them down. Anyways, we got there and stood and stood and stood lol. Dancing with the stars was supposed to be taped first but because there was an aggravating mist all day the stage was to slippery so they re did the stage for patti labelle. She has an amazing voice. All the while we were being entertained by (I forgot his name) i think brian maybe??? anyways he's the guy who played Ken back when there was a barbie show at disney. He was hilarious. They played the patti labelle vocals to get an audience shot and he acted like he was her, it was hilarious. If i can ever get around to it I'll try to post the few pics and the video clips that we got. I forget what song she sang. Then they did an audience shot for jessica simpson( it will be kind of funny if we end up on camera for that part since we didnt actually watch her perform then they set the stage for dancing with the stars, the dancing was amazing! It is going to be the parade opening. The cast that was there was: Joey Fatone and his partner, Drew and Cheryl, Sabrina and her partner, The winner and his partner, and her cute brother and i think one more person, a women but i dont remember what her name is. Jon Secada(sp?) performed the songs they danced to. after that they started setting up for Jessica Simpson but by then my friend and I had been standing for I think 4 1/2 or 5 hours straight and our legs and backs were killing us. We grabbed some drinks and hit the transit authority to give our legs a rest. We saw a glimpse of Jessica Simpson as we were leaving, (i had prior plans that i couldnt get out of All in all it was a good experience and i cant wait to watch it on tv, i just hope its more of a parade this year than it was last year, it was dissapointing to watch all the filming of the parade stuff and not see hardly any of it in the airing, just a bunch of YOAMD stuff.

Leave a comment:

• WDWfan10
    replied

Originally posted by nbodyhome View Post
    I have quite a few photos of Katherine McPhee from the Early Show taping at Universal in July. They are here:

http://www.mousesteps.com/index.php?...d=79&Itemid=37

I am not a fan of hers at all, but did get some close-up type shots. A couple of them:

Tapings are so boring for me - so I didn't do that at Disney (this year or any other year). I had promoted the Early Show taping, so I went to that one. I spent a month working on a movie set once, it's the same type of thing!
    Thank you so much for those pictures! I really appreciate it! :thumbup:

Originally posted by Cmash95 View Post
    currently working on uploading pictures of both days. so hopefully i will have pictures up tonight or tommorrow.
    Thanks! I can't wait to see them!

Leave a comment:

• Cmash95
    replied

currently working on uploading pictures of both days. so hopefully i will have pictures up tonight or tommorrow.

Leave a comment:

• nbodyhome
    replied

Originally posted by WDWfan10 View Post
    Katharine McPhee will be taping her segment tomorrow morning at 8am. For anyone who is going and can get a great view, could you try to get some pictures of her for me? I would really appreciate it!

I will definitely try to be there for the taping next year.

I have quite a few photos of Katherine McPhee from the Early Show taping at Universal in July. They are here:

http://www.mousesteps.com/index.php?...d=79&Itemid=37

I am not a fan of hers at all, but did get some close-up type shots. A couple of them:

Tapings are so boring for me - so I didn't do that at Disney (this year or any other year). I had promoted the Early Show taping, so I went to that one. I spent a month working on a movie set once, it's the same type of thing!

Leave a comment:

• Cmash95
    replied

katherine was gorgeous and very sweet. and her voice is even better in person. I really hope she goes far and isn't a flash in the pan

Leave a comment:

• WDWfan10
    replied

Katharine McPhee will be taping her segment tomorrow morning at 8am. For anyone who is going and can get a great view, could you try to get some pictures of her for me? I would really appreciate it!

I will definitely try to be there for the taping next year.

Leave a comment:

• wishesjake
    replied

Originally posted by Crystal2485 View Post
    thanks for response, im getting so excited now, it doesnt really matter who performs its still cool just to be able to say that you were there(of course it doesnt hurt if you actually recognize the people your watching lol) I will try to take pics if i can borrow a camera from my friend, mine died, im guessing they probably wouldnt let me bring in my video camera.

A TR would be Awesome !!! :yea:

Leave a comment:

• Cmash95
    replied

not wanting to sound stupid but is MEH good or bad? I have a feeling it's not good but just wondering

Leave a comment:

• aimster
    replied

That is the most MEH lineup ever.

Leave a comment:

• Cmash95
    replied

the good thing is you can see it on christmas day. and maybe you can make it here during taping after graduation

Leave a comment:

• WDWfan10
    replied

That would be great if you can get pictures!

My family and I go to WDW for Christmas every year, but since I'm in college, I can never be there for the actual taping of the parade, which is something I've always wanted to see. And I was excited this year because Katharine McPhee is supposed to perform but I won't be able to go.

Leave a comment:

• Crystal2485
    replied

thanks for response, im getting so excited now, it doesnt really matter who performs its still cool just to be able to say that you were there(of course it doesnt hurt if you actually recognize the people your watching lol) I will try to take pics if i can borrow a camera from my friend, mine died, im guessing they probably wouldnt let me bring in my video camera.

Leave a comment:

• Cmash95
    replied

you after reading the discription it sounds alot like last years presetations. they had a big opening number with american idol people instead of dancing with the stars, and they had the girl who won america's got talent do a number with the disney princesses. the end was done by micheal bolton and they had a couple of singing groups, one latin, and the doodlepops as well as a high school musical number. i read somewhere that carrie underwood was supposed to be there singing her song from enchantment.

Leave a comment:

• WDWfan10
    replied

I'm not going to be able to go but for those of you who are going, is there anyway you could take some pictures of the performers, if you have a good spot for the taping?

Leave a comment:

• jane2073
    replied

do the guests that you can sign up for the viewing with your passholder reservation need tickets to get into the park?
    Yes. They would need to buy a ticket to get into the park.

Leave a comment:

• WDWfan10
    replied

All of the others like Josh Groban, Miley Cyrus, and the High School Musical Cast was taped at Disneyland.

Leave a comment:

• Cmash95
    replied

that's nothing like the list they released earlier. wonder how much is going to be taped this weekend?

Leave a comment:

• WDWfan10
    replied

Here's some information on who will be performing.
    This year's show promises to be bigger than ever with new floats, characters and performances. Kicking off the show will be a blockbuster production number from ABC's hit series "Dancing with the Stars." With Cinderella's Castle as the backdrop, Joey Fatone, Drew Lachey, Helio Castroneves, Sabrina Bryan and the cast of professional dancers from the show will dance their way into viewers' homes on Christmas morning, as they showcase their moves to a medley of favorite holiday songs sung by Jon Secada. The hippest teen band in the country, the Jonas Brothers, will perform their latest Christmas song. R & B legend Patti LaBelle will delight audiences with a holiday classic, "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year." Superstar Jessica Simpson will close the show with a spectacular performance of "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing." Plus, viewers won't want to miss pop princess Katharine McPhee when she performs a Disney Princess-inspired number, and Menudo as they sing their rendition of "This Christmas." These are just some of the stars who are scheduled to shine brightly on this year's "Walt Disney World Christmas Day Parade."
    Hope that helped!

Leave a comment:

• Crystal2485
    replied

does anyone have any idea of who the performer(s) will be? i have tried doing a search and im only coming up with past parade info. thanks

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X